Andre Iguodala traded to Miami

11sanchez11

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This seems terrible. Iggy on his last leg and they give him an extension? Maybe the plan was to have a read chip contract next off season? I don’t think this moves Miami past Boston or mil

Definitely does not put the Heat above the Celtics, Bucks or even the Sixers now with their acquisitions of Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III. However, it does help a smidgen by dampening the asset of the Celtics to trade which is the Grizzlies pick once Justin Winslow return healthy.

Sad he won't be coming back to the Dubs next year, but man what a legend this man is. Got another 15M guaranteed on top of making 16M this year for playing less than half the season. Then if Miami strikes out in 2021 free agency, may get ANOTHER 15M. 

Ja and Dillon and the rest of the ungrateful young Grizzlies need to take some notes.....

Make no mistake, Iggy is meant for this season only. IMO he will be a deadline deal again next year just because of how the contract shakes out. Somebody will want the expiring money.

Regardless, in my opinion, this doesn't make the Heat any better. I argue I think in fact they have gotten worse. You get leadership, that's nice, but production wise? He's not gonna go out and win you games and he's not going to be able to lock up great players throughout like he used to be.

I don't get this for Miami at all, I don't.

7 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Make no mistake, Iggy is meant for this season only. IMO he will be a deadline deal again next year just because of how the contract shakes out. Somebody will want the expiring money.

Regardless, in my opinion, this doesn't make the Heat any better. I argue I think in fact they have gotten worse. You get leadership, that's nice, but production wise? He's not gonna go out and win you games and he's not going to be able to lock up great players throughout like he used to be.

I don't get this for Miami at all, I don't.

Who is Miami losing here that makes them worse? I don't see that at all. You can argue the impact Iggy will have, but who exactly are they losing that contributed to this season? 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who is Miami losing here that makes them worse? I don't see that at all. You can argue the impact Iggy will have, but who exactly are they losing that contributed to this season? 

I know he's been banged up this year, but I would rather have Justise Winslow right now over Andre Iguodala, who hasn't played yet this year, and lets be honest, was rapidly declining in Golden State. He's 36 years old.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I know he's been banged up this year, but I would rather have Justise Winslow right now over Andre Iguodala, who hasn't played yet this year, and lets be honest, was rapidly declining in Golden State. He's 36 years old.

Okay, so what has Winslow contributed to the team THIS season? What has he done? Barely played 10 games? That's why I don't get how they get worse with this move, even if you don't think Iggy will be giving the Heat much...Of course I disagree because in the playoffs he will be able to help the team for sure. Gives you another top perimeter defender and someone who has made some BIG shots in the playoffs.

So Jae Crowder also going to Miami?