Cardinals expected to release David Johnson

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That term "GOAT" is really overused. Johnson isn't even the best receiving RB in Cardinals history (Larry Centers).

This is 2020, everyone is either the GOAT or the WOAT. There is no in between.

Anyways, haven't really kept up with him but I remember seeing this tweet last season. Wasn't a good look lol.

https://twitter.com/KyleYNFL/status/1194331114120339456?s=20

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Wow, that was a long time ago, I'm looking at all of these names in the .gif ,BJ Raji, Jake Ryan, Nick Perry, Demarious Randall, Morgan Burnett

-That was really just horrific tackling

Horrific tackling by a horrific defense led by a washed-up DC who Green Bay kept for far too long blowing draft pick after draft pick on players he would reach on and then play out of position. A-Rod was robbed of multiple Super Bowls as a result... As you can see by this past season, Green Bay is still recovering from the mid 2010's...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Wow, that was a long time ago, I'm looking at all of these names in the .gif ,BJ Raji, Jake Ryan, Nick Perry, Demarious Randall, Morgan Burnett

-That was really just horrific tackling

Must have been at the early point of Raji's career.  He only ran that far downfield for a pizza after year 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

To those saying releasing him doesn't make sense, Kingsbury is not going to use him, ever. He made it clear when he couldn't even a touch some games. I'd rather use the roster spot on a random UDFA who plays special teams than wasting the roster on him. 

so you would rather have a dead cap hit of 16 mil plus an UDFA over a guy who will cost 14 mil to wear a jersey and ride pine at worst? Its not happening the guy will be on the team unless some team is dumb enough to trade for him and take on half that contract .

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

so you would rather have a dead cap hit of 16 mil plus an UDFA over a guy who will cost 14 mil to wear a jersey and ride pine at worst? Its not happening the guy will be on the team unless some team is dumb enough to trade for him and take on half that contract .

I wholeheartedly disagree. I'd rather have a UDFA that contributes than waste the roster spot. There is very much a chance of this happening. The cap space difference between him being on the roster vs off the roster isn't enough to justify a dude getting zero snaps that isn't a part of your future. You punt on that extra 2M to get looks at other players for sure. We might be an 8 win team next year, very unlikely we are pushing for a playoff spot. We know what we have in David Johnson, and we don't want it, so why waste the roster spot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. I'd rather have a UDFA that contributes than waste the roster spot. There is very much a chance of this happening. The cap space difference between him being on the roster vs off the roster isn't enough to justify a dude getting zero snaps that isn't a part of your future. You punt on that extra 2M to get looks at other players for sure. We might be an 8 win team next year, very unlikely we are pushing for a playoff spot. We know what we have in David Johnson, and we don't want it, so why waste the roster spot. 

Plus you save 3M on 2021 cap if you cut him now instead of before the next offseason.

• Like 1