Team needs for every team 2020

SteelKing728

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well LT is #1 until Trent returns. We have no one to put there. 

Well, that's why I wrote this in my OP "(assuming we re-sign Scherff and Williams comes back)".

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am not comfortable at all trotting Moreau out there to play starting CB. 

I guess that's where we differ.  I'm much more comfortable with Moreau at CB than I am with Monte or Apke at FS.

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We're switching to a 4-3, which means we're missing the LBs necessary to be successful. 

I think we'll be okay with Holcomb at MLB and SDH at WILL.  I agree we're missing an SLB, but that's just a two-down player, which is why I had the need 4th.  

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As far as FS, yes we need an upgrade, but I can deal with Montae playing there and focusing on other things at the moment. 

Ugh, please no.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

For the Seahawks (hopefully some of the needs, especially along the DL, will get resolved via Free Agency ) : 

-DE x2-3 (like all our DL are FA to be... and wasn't even that good to begin with)
-DT x2
-TE (Dissly is very good but so far injury-prone) 
-WR (a good YAC or #3 receiver would help tremendously)
-OL (seriously all position on the line could be upgraded, except LT)
-RB (Carson is more than fine as #1 and Penny as #2 but need another guy at least for depth, but also in case of the others RBs getting injuried - like they were at the end of the season). 
-CB (competing for CB2 ideally - or for the Slot CB position)

Mostly on board, but gonna go into more detail:

Seahawks

1. "LEO" Pass Rushing Edge - Seattle needs a traditional edge. Clemons - Avril - Clark = great decade. Seattle needs to find a pass rusher this year. Clowney was playing out of position at LEO and the defense couldn't really get things going. Seattle is fine at 5 Tech. Rasheem Green played well, and there is still LJ Collier. Hopefully he can stay healthy during camp and preseason. Could bring back Jefferson as well for that spot.

2. Disruptive Defensive Tackle - Jarran Reed is probably gone, so Seattle will need to replace him. Poona Ford is a very good nose tackle, so Seattle will need to bring in a disrupter to play next to him. 

3. Right Tackle - Both Ifedi and Fant as FA. Jamarco Jones probably fits more at guard or as a rotational linemen. Therefore, Seattle has to bring in someone to replace Ifedi. 

4. Center - Britt is coming off a shredded knee, and most likely be a cap casualty. Joey Hunt is a T-Rex and a free agent. 2019 draftee Phil Haynes was practicing at C for a bit, but I think he sticks at LG, replacing Iupati.

5. Wide Receiver - DK and Lockett are fixtures. BUT David Moore is a RFA. Not sure he is worth the higher tenders; and he would definitely be scooped up on a original tender (7th Round).

6. Tight End - Dissly is a beast, but a wounded beast. Two straight years ended on the IR. Jacob Hollister is a FA, Dixon is long gone. With Dissly being a question mark, Seattle has to have a stabilizing piece on this unit.  

OTHERS 

Guard - Fluker is locked in at RG and LG will be a toss up between Haynes, Jones and who ever else they bring in. Probably buy low on a vet, and bring in a late round pick.

RB - Carson sounds like he will be good to go for camp. Homer looks like a solid 3rd down back. Therefore, Seattle might look for an insurance policy for Penny if he cant make it back from injury. I figure they fill this position from the cap casualty scrap heap, and a late round flier. 

CB - Shaq is a legit corner. Flowers was a mixed bag in year 2. Safety play should be more stable in 2020 with Diggs, Blair and McDougald being there from day 1. I get the feeling Flowers is given another year. He most definitely will have some competition, but it will mostly likely be from the free agent pool and late round picks. 

• Like 1

For the Browns, both LT & RT are easily our biggest needs. RG would be next.

From there it's very arguable as to what our next biggest need is. We could use a safety, another pass rusher, maybe a LB, a #3 WR and probably another TE, along with some depth at DT.

• Like 1

If the Rams manage to keep Fowler, I would be totally okay with them investing everything into the oline.

Get Goff some protection and get that power run game going. Even if Gurley is done just get a cheap FA and pound that rock.

If we can improve our oline we have a shot to get back to the Superbowl.

• Like 1

Falcons:

1. Offensive Coordinator - Dirk Koetter's offense isn't even modern in any sense of the word, get rid of him.
2. Head Coach - Is there anyone on this forum that is a Dan Quinn truther? He's mediocre in every sense and we needed to move on in 2019. I don't see him surviving past this year.
3. Pass Rusher - Takk looks like he's going to be just a dude at this point in his career, and we definitely need a better pass rushing rotation.
4. Defensive Tackle - Need someone to pair with Grady Jarrett for a great interior rush.
5. Safety - Keanu Neal is likely done, and Kazee was awful in 2019. This is a need we have that most Falcons fans seem convinced isn't a need, and I don't know why.
6. Cornerback - I'm not convinced with Isiah Oliver's "improvement" in the second half of 2019, he was absolutely atrocious in the first half. Trufant is also racking up a lot of injuries and getting older, so we should be concerned with his future replacement. I also don't want to put the future in the hands of Sheffield who only has limited snaps to his name.
7. Center - Need an eventual successor to Alex Mack.
8. Left Guard - Matt Gono looked fine in limited snaps, but I'd feel much better with a guy I know that can perform at this position.
9. #3 WR - You guys are going to think I'm insane, and this is way down the list of needs, but a real vertical, deep threat guy would do wonders for the Falcons offense. And by this I just mean a guy who can run go routes all day long and nothing else, in the same kind of vein as Aldrick Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Marvin Hall, etc. These guys are easy enough to find that the investment is pretty minimal.
10. #4 WR - Same thing, but for a #4 WR. If you're really going to run Dirk Koetter's four Verts concept, you might as well have some speedsters at all 4 WRs that can stretch a defense to keep DBs from creeping in on short routes.
11. OLB - Campbell is leaving, and we don't have much depth at this position either. I think the other defensive positions are in much more dire straights though.
12. Full Back - This isn't a need in the Dirk Koetter scheme, but if we ever return to west coast concepts, ala the Kyle Shanahan scheme, this would help. Patrick Dimarco was one of the key cogs in the 2016 Falcons offense - as was Kyle Juszczyk for the 49ers.
13. Running Back -  Falcons fans across twitter desperately want us to draft one but running backs don't matter, don't draft one, don't sign one, just stick with UDFA's. Yes, unironically, Fullbacks are more important than Running Backs.

As you can tell, the Falcons are totally in a fantastic position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

5. Wide Receiver - DK and Lockett are fixtures. BUT David Moore is a RFA. Not sure he is worth the higher tenders; and he would definitely be scooped up on a original tender (7th Round).

I hope that WR is a high priority for the team this off-season. Absolute priority should be finding the LEO (E. Griffen if available...Fowler?Quinn? or a trade?) plus re-signing either Clowney (which is most probable) or another 5T. Green is alright, but as the starter? Not sure. I wouldn't bet anything on LJ Collier going forward, he was absolutely invisible last season. Then finding  a DT (Armstead would be awesome if not that pricey or J. Phillips). I think they fix the DL via FA since it's very hard to find a DE/DT that has a great first year impact. Same thing for the RT spot.

Which bring us back to WR (sorry for the detour). Hopefully this is the 3rd priority, as it is very fixable via the draft (and it's an incredible year for WRs). David Moore is a nice story as a 7th round pick but he has been the definition of a JAG. Him and Turner (and maybe Ursua if we're being optimistic) are okay for 4th-5th WR but not 3rd. Wilson needs another weapon. Adding speed, fast separation ability and a potential return man in the draft (Raegor - Aiyuk - Hamler would all be good options) would be a guarantee against an injury to either DK or Lockett and put less pressure on the TE spot. 
A TE addition would also be very needed (I know the team don't have infinite money but imagine landing A. Hooper) but I am sure the team will resign Hollister to a modest contract and could maybe spend a 2nd or 3rd pick. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

There is a very small part of me that is thinking that BoB is going to hire Nick Caserio to be the Head Coach - because that's the only way this all makes sense, Caserio as the HC (who really does the GMs job) and BoB as the GM (who really does the HC job).

It's a mess, it's an absolute mess right now.

Caserio might be a better coach than BOB, for all we know. They should try it out

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I hope that WR is a high priority for the team this off-season. Absolute priority should be finding the LEO (E. Griffen if available...Fowler?Quinn? or a trade?) plus re-signing either Clowney (which is most probable) or another 5T. Green is alright, but as the starter? Not sure. I wouldn't bet anything on LJ Collier going forward, he was absolutely invisible last season. Then finding  a DT (Armstead would be awesome if not that pricey or J. Phillips). I think they fix the DL via FA since it's very hard to find a DE/DT that has a great first year impact. Same thing for the RT spot.

Which bring us back to WR (sorry for the detour). Hopefully this is the 3rd priority, as it is very fixable via the draft (and it's an incredible year for WRs). David Moore is a nice story as a 7th round pick but he has been the definition of a JAG. Him and Turner (and maybe Ursua if we're being optimistic) are okay for 4th-5th WR but not 3rd. Wilson needs another weapon. Adding speed, fast separation ability and a potential return man in the draft (Raegor - Aiyuk - Hamler would all be good options) would be a guarantee against an injury to either DK or Lockett and put less pressure on the TE spot. 
A TE addition would also be very needed (I know the team don't have infinite money but imagine landing A. Hooper) but I am sure the team will resign Hollister to a modest contract and could maybe spend a 2nd or 3rd pick. 

Green really come on in the 2nd half of seasons (with Jefferson dealing with injuries). A lot of hope with Green considering this was essentially his rookie season (Last season was a redshirt, and he is only 22). Collier, I think is going to have a similar progression as Green. Losing out on all of mini-camp and preseason completely tanked his first year. He should definitely contribute next year. Agree with you on addressing DT with FA. Its been Schniders MO (McDonald, McDaniels, Richardson, Stehpens, Woods, Rubin etc). 

I am all in for adding more talent at WR. This class is loaded, and with x2nds, x4ths Seattle will obviously add to this position. Just think the other units are bigger needs considering how thin they are currently. 

Chargers 

QB: For the first time since 2005, we'll be in need of a new QB. 

OT: When you have the worst starting OTs in league in Sam Tevi and Trent Scott, it's time for a upgrade. If Okung's health is good, we'll only be in need of 1 new starting OT.

LB: Perryman can't stay healthy and Davis is beyond washed up.

CB: No one reliable outside of Hayward and King in the slot. Michael Davis and Brandon Facyson aren't cutting it.