Should the Cowboys TRADE Dak?

Uncle Buck

Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?

• Yes! Trade him, improve other areas of the team and let MM develop a rookie.
    • No! He's a great quarterback and those are hard to find. Pay the man!

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Facts be damned amiright? Lets just say eff it to evidence and stick with preconceived notions.

Yeah, Matts' evidence that he picks and chooses. 9_9

And before you jump down my throat. As of right now, they're in the same ballpark.

Edited by Danger

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Wentz averages 8 yards per attempt. Dak averages 9.3 per attempt. Compare that with 6.4 for Brees and 6.5 for Garappolo.

Yards per attempt isn't always a good metric. Wentz YPA was higher when he actually had wide receivers. But since he didn't this past season, his YPA plummeted.

Edited by Danger

2 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

I hear you. His stat line for last year was impressive indeed but I did qualify it with an 'if anything'. I'm thinking more along the lines of getting him to take the offense by the scruff of its neck, and drag them to winning games against the better teams in the conference, with an attitude that the rest of the offense latches on to. That seemed to be what was lacking with the Cowboys last season, that intensity you see in teams with less talent. They looked like they needed a fire lit up their arse, and maybe McCarthy and his staff will bring that. 

So tagging Dak might keep him motivated for that longer term deal he hopes for. 

I’m not sure McCarthy can afford to upset the apple cart.  He lost his last HC gig because a petulant diva franchise QB turned on him.

I don’t see Dak as being a problem in DAL.  I think he is their best bet at QB; I just think he is limited in how much he can physically do.  He has that odd habit of picking up his back leg while delivering the football, he is very inaccurate when throwing on the run to his right — always high and away.  Having said all that, I see him as a top 15 NFL QB.

Culture is the problem in DAL, and as long as Jerry meddles it will continue to hold them back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

I’m not sure McCarthy can afford to upset the apple cart.  He lost his last HC gig because a petulant diva franchise QB turned on him.

I don’t see Dak as being a problem in DAL.  I think he is their best bet at QB; I just think he is limited in how much he can physically do.  He has that odd habit of picking up his back leg while delivering the football, he is very inaccurate when throwing on the run to his right — always high and away.  Having said all that, I see him as a top 15 NFL QB.

Culture is the problem in DAL, and as long as Jerry meddles it will continue to hold them back.

Yep they're not winning anything until Jerry pegs it. He has been the very reason they have won nothing since Jimmy Johnson was HC. (p.s. Switzer doesn't count as that was Johnsons team) 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Yards per attempt isn't always a good metric. Wentz YPA was higher when he actually had wide receivers. But since he didn't this past season, his YPA plummeted.

I was told this off-season that ypa is the only stat in football that mattered because it was the only stat that actually correlated with winning 

Yet somehow the two best rushing teams in the NFL both were the #1 seeds while Dak Prescott and his 9.3 ypa didn't play in January. Hmmmnnn 

Remind me again how many teams with winning records the cowboys beat this season? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I was told this off-season that ypa is the only stat in football that mattered because it was the only stat that actually correlated with winning 

Yet somehow the two best rushing teams in the NFL both were the #1 seeds while Dak Prescott and his 9.3 ypa didn't play in January. Hmmmnnn 

Remind me again how many teams with winning records the cowboys beat this season? 

The Rams, and the Eagles (Who were 3-3 when the Cowboys beat them)

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I have a hard time believing anyone made a case for  ypa. ANY/A is the default metric. They are different.

Easy Question with an Easy answer: Can Dak elevate the play around him if he gets paid?

My answer: No. 

Wentz and Russ can. When Kupp went down with ACL and Gurley's knee flaired up during our SuperBowl run, Goff carried the team to victory vs. NOLA on the road (although O-Line was playing top 10)

If you do not believe Dak can win games with lesser talent then what he has now, then consider trading him. Because he missed the playoffs with Zeke, Cooper, and Top 5 Oline. What happens when Cooper can't paid, O-Line men walk in FA, and you're playing from behind because the Defense is bereft of talent and you're paying Dak $37+ per year?

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Wentz can. When Kupp went down with ACL and Gurley's knee flaired up during our SuperBowl run, Goff carried the team to victory vs. NOLA on the road (although O-Line was playing top 10)

That's very much debatable with Carson. That said he played better when the old has-beens and drop city folk got off. He did elevate Greg Ward, Deontay Burnett, and Robert Davis. Elevating Nelson Agholor may just be impossible. Alshon is a cancer.

Goff played poorly after Kupp went down, especially in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's very much debatable with Carson. That said he played better when the old has-beens and drop city folk got off. He did elevate Greg Ward, Deontay Burnett, and Robert Davis. Elevating Nelson Agholor may just be impossible. Alshon is a cancer.

Goff played poorly after Kupp went down, especially in the playoffs.

Kupp went down week 9 vs. NOLA. His average QB for the remainder of the regular season was 93.6. That's including the abysmal 19.1 performance vs Chicago.

If you do not like QBR, he had 15 TD's and 7ints in that same span.

Against NOLA in the NFCCG he went 25/40 for 297yards 1TD/1INT and marched the team late in the 4th into FG range. 

I get the narrative from ESPN was much different, but I saw a franchise QB leading his team at key moments without his WR1 and his All Pro RB being a shell of himself. Although CJ Anderson played his a$$ off in replacement.