Should the Cowboys TRADE Dak?

Uncle Buck

Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?

• Yes! Trade him, improve other areas of the team and let MM develop a rookie.
    • No! He's a great quarterback and those are hard to find. Pay the man!

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Going to disagree with you on this one. But only way to see is time. 

First one I looked up:

Manning

Brooks

McNabb

King

Culpepper

5/12

Like I said - I think these freak years happen more often than you imagine. They dont indicate a trend imo

28 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

No sense in using totals. Dak played in 10 more games. 

Total YPG. If you look at their per game stats, Add their passing and rushing. 

@Danger => The time will come for this debate. But ignore the huge rushing advantage for Dak is silly. Secondly - lmao for you ignoring the worst 25% of Wentz's career; which significantly increases the weight on his only great 25% . Do it again but now for the last 2 years you filthy cherry picker. 

But not in this thread. We will make a thread for that. Soon.... 

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

First one I looked up:

Manning

Brooks

McNabb

King

Culpepper

5/12

Like I said - I think these freak years happen more often than you imagine. They dont indicate a trend imo

Entire point of this discussion is the cap savings associated with QB's on a rookie deal. The new CBA did not kick in until 2012 with Cam Newton. Previous trend may exist in some fashion, but it doesn't support the premise of my suggestion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Entire point of this discussion is the cap savings associated with QB's on a rookie deal. The new CBA did not kick in until 2012 with Cam Newton. Previous trend may exist in some fashion, but it doesn't support the premise of my suggestion. 

How does the CBA change the impact? Rookie wage scale is the argument you are making? Here is my counter argument:

When Watson/Jackson/Mahomes/Allen/Dak all get new deals and keep making the playoffs -  - will you maintain this position?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Durability is a factor and Dak is extremely durable, no question.  However, if you were to build a franchise around your QB you would be smart to start with Wentz, then Dak, then Goff -- IMO

Part of the Cowboys problem is that Jones has paid Elliott, Jaylon Smith, and Demarcus Lawrence -- and they all played in 2019 like they got fat.

Exactly!

Serious Question , who is trading for Dak and then going to pay him the $35M Dallas is going to pay?? Now take that team and ask, are they also giving up FT type compensation in picks? For Dak Prescott?

We already know that answer! No team is trading multiple high picks 1st or otherwise and giving him his massive contract. Now if he is Cut, FA, the price is a box of Bon Bons that's a different story and a potential deal could be reached.

Dak is and will be getting the Kirk Cousins treatment ala Washington. I just hope he decides to go the Vincent Jackson route to force their hands. Sitting out 10gms and playing 6 gms at the FT salary which is about $10M. Or 15x his 2019 salary. Sit Dak, Sit!

Make Jerry pay for his Stupidity of waiting pre Wentz/Goff contracts and asking for You to take the "Dallas Discount " to be a Cowboy!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Total YPG. If you look at their per game stats, Add their passing and rushing. 

@Danger => The time will come for this debate. But ignore the huge rushing advantage for Dak is silly. Secondly - lmao for you ignoring the worst 25% of Wentz's career; which significantly increases the weight on his only great 25% . Do it again but now for the last 2 years you filthy cherry picker. 

But not in this thread. We will make a thread for that. Soon.... 

How many times do I have to tell you.

Rookie. QB. Seasons. Don't. Mean. Anything.

But I humored you and included Dak's since I know it boosts his numbers in his favor.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

How many times do I have to tell you.

Rookie. QB. Seasons. Don't. Mean. Anything.

But I humored you and included Dak's since I know it boosts his numbers in his favor.

Counterpoint: how many times do I have to tell you; FLUKE. SOPHOMORE. SEASON. DON'T. MEAN. ANYTHING!

Real question: How many times have you Eagles fans told me "You want to see improvement. Thats what matters"?

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Jared Goff 2018 2019 30 32 22-10-0 758 1187 63.9 9326 54 93.4 70 28 55 393 7.9 7.71 7.19 7.05 76 148 4 1.9 16 0 0 0   0
2 Dak Prescott 2018 2019 30 32 18-14-0 744 1122 66.3 8787 52 98.4 90 19 79 498 7.8 8.00 6.90 7.06 127 582 9 4.6 42 0 0 0   0
3 Carson Wentz 2018 2019 21 27 14-13-0 667 1008 66.2 7113 48 96.7 58 14 68 432 7.1 7.38 6.21 6.52 96 336 1 3.5 19 1 4 0 4.0 4

Once again, most accurate, highest rated, best ANY/A, most total TDs. Goff wins in total yards (Dak 2nd) . Wentz wins in INTs (Dak 2nd). 

Of course, Checkdown Carson only throws passes 5 yards or less, so it makes sense why there are little INTs

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Counterpoint: how many times do I have to tell you; FLUKE. SOPHOMORE. SEASON. DON'T. MEAN. ANYTHING!

Real question: How many times have you Eagles fans told me "You want to see improvement. Thats what matters"?

Once again, most accurate, highest rated, best ANY/A, most total TDs. Goff wins in total yards. Wentz wins in INTs. 

Of course, Checkdown Carson only throws passes 5 yards or less, so it makes sense why there are little INTs

Yeah, he did throw mostly shallow passes this year. He had one of the worst receiving cores in NFL History, and RBs and TEs.

But hey, exclude Carson's MVP year without any real good reason for it.

And yes, I openly admit Dak DID improve this year. He's gone from fluke, to good viable QB. That said, I still have Carson rated higher as do the majority of people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah, he did throw mostly shallow passes this year. He had one of the worst receiving cores in NFL History, and RBs and TEs.

But hey, exclude Carson's MVP year without any real good reason for it.

And yes, I openly admit Dak DID improve this year. He's gone from fluke, to good viable QB. That said, I still have Carson rated higher as do the majority of people.

Dont forget Wentz led the NFL in 5 yard or less attempts last year also. Seems like a trend? 

And the rated higher thing - thats the majority of people *on this website*

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont forget Wentz led the NFL in 5 yard or less attempts last year also. Seems like a trend? 

And the rated higher thing - thats the majority of people *on this website*

and NFL executives, and Media, and NFL Players

Unless you know "The best ability is availability" happens to be your mantra.

11 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Dak has the second worst receivers in the League behind only Josh  Allen. Allen's WRs drop 7.2% of his passes. Dak's WRs have a drop rate of 6.2%. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Gallup

or

Greg Ward, Robert Davis, Deontay Burnet/Nelson Agholor?

idk man I think I might have to go with the Cowboys on this one lol.

• Like 2