Should the Cowboys TRADE Dak?

Uncle Buck

Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?

• Yes! Trade him, improve other areas of the team and let MM develop a rookie.
    • No! He's a great quarterback and those are hard to find. Pay the man!

4 hours ago, Hukos said:

I'm also assuming that it's extremely difficult to get a QB comparable to Dak, because a lot of FF posters are convinced that you can draft a dude in the 3rd round and he'll also be a star. I personally don't buy into that.

If someone would put this on a bumper sticker, I'd put it on my car. Well said.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As for your second question: most players, QBs included, bust. 

This question would be like me asking "should the Rams trade Aaron Donald because Wade is a good DC (couple years ago)" or "Should the Pats trade Gilmore because Billy B finds lots of DBs".

I just don't see it, personally. Seems like a weird question. 

You compared Dak as the Aaron Donald or Stephon Gilmore of QBs and you think someone else said something weird?

Together, they are the last 3 DPOY winners.  Dak was the 14th and 10th rated passer the last 2 years.

The point of the exercise is that the Cowboys have not had much success with 4 years of cheap Dak (1 playoff win) and giving him a 3000% raise may not change the results.

So the rest of us can discuss if going cheap with a new player or signing someone else would be a possible alternative to breaking the bank for him.

No one else's football world revolves around Dak Prescott so the investment level is vastly different in this exercise for the rest of us.

Its likely just a thought exercise since the safe play is to keep him and both Jerry and Dak want Dak to be there.

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You compared Dak as the Aaron Donald or Stephon Gilmore of QBs and you think someone else said something weird?

No I didnt, I was trying to give examples. And those popped into my mind. That said, QB>>> DT/CB - he is more valuable a player. And that will be reflected in salary. 

I assume the rest of your post was based off this premise, so its useless and I didnt read it. 

6 hours ago, TVScout said:
11 hours ago, Danger said:

Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Gallup

or

Greg Ward, Robert Davis, Deontay Burnet/Nelson Agholor?

idk man I think I might have to go with the Cowboys on this one lol.

Did you see the stats? 

Cowboy WRs drop the ball 6.2 % of the time.

Eagles drop it 4.7% of the time.

Now take those same Stats and tell me You still wouldn't take Your Trio a 100 out of a 100 times? Just because they apparently can't catch the ball better then 3 Scrubs, doesn't mean they aren't the better of the two WR Core.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ET80 said:
13 hours ago, Hukos said:

I'm also assuming that it's extremely difficult to get a QB comparable to Dak, because a lot of FF posters are convinced that you can draft a dude in the 3rd round and he'll also be a star. I personally don't buy into that.

If someone would put this on a bumper sticker, I'd put it on my car. Well said.

For every Dak Prescott, there's like 5 Ryan Finley's lol.  Good luck trying to guess the right one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

How does the CBA change the impact? Rookie wage scale is the argument you are making? Here is my counter argument:

When Watson/Jackson/Mahomes/Allen/Dak all get new deals and keep making the playoffs -  - will you maintain this position?

Well Mahomes likely will because he's a generational talent. The others? Let's see how they do when the team is bereft of talent elsewhere and they are forced carry less. Another wait and see moment. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Well Mahomes likely will because he's a generational talent. The others? Let's see how they do when the team is bereft of talent elsewhere and they are forced carry less. Another wait and see moment. 

It's going to be interesting to watch.  Because this theory then depends on teams like the Bengals, Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, Giants, Cardinals, Lions, Chargers and Panthers to actually make the playoffs and take those team's spots.  AKA teams that are taking rookie QB's this year, or still have guys on rookie deals.

Might it happen?  Sure.  But those teams have a long way to go, even if the QB situation is solved.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's going to be interesting to watch.  Because this theory then depends on teams like the Bengals, Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, Giants, Cardinals, Lions, Chargers and Panthers to actually make the playoffs and take those team's spots.  AKA teams that are taking rookie QB's this year, or still have guys on rookie deals.

Might it happen?  Sure.  But those teams have a long way to go, even if the QB situation is solved.

I actually could see the Giants, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals, and Bengals making a run a WC spots next season for my exact premise.  Let's see what the Chargers do, but any young QB that has Ekeler, Mike WIlliams, Keenan Allen, and hopefuly re-sign Hunter Henry will enter the league with a plethora of options.

Part of the thinking among NFL execs is looking at what successful teams are doing at the QB position.  The playoff teams from 2019 had:

KC -- Mahomes -- first round pick

SF -- Garappolo -- second round pick

TEN -- Tannehill -- first round pick

GB -- Rodgers -- first round pick

BAL -- Jackson -- first round pick

NE -- Brady -- sixth round pick

MIN -- Cousins -- fourth round pick

SEA -- Wilson -- third round pick

NO -- Brees -- second round pick

BUF -- Allen -- first round pick

HOU -- Watson -- first round pick

PHI -- Wentz -- first round pick

The guys drafted in the last 5 years are in bold.  Right now it's a QB-driven league, and you'd better pick one early.

8 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Part of the thinking among NFL execs is looking at what successful teams are doing at the QB position.  The playoff teams from 2019 had:

KC -- Mahomes -- first round pick

SF -- Garappolo -- second round pick

TEN -- Tannehill -- first round pick

GB -- Rodgers -- first round pick

BAL -- Jackson -- first round pick

NE -- Brady -- sixth round pick

MIN -- Cousins -- fourth round pick

SEA -- Wilson -- third round pick

NO -- Brees -- second round pick

BUF -- Allen -- first round pick

HOU -- Watson -- first round pick

PHI -- Wentz -- first round pick

The guys drafted in the last 5 years are in bold.  Right now it's a QB-driven league, and you'd better pick one early.

9 out of 12 were in the first two rounds. and one of them is Tom Brady. (Tom Bradys don't grow on trees)