Seven Rounds! FIrst Mock of the Season. Bonus: First Round Player Comps

mr fluffles

Overall, I can't quibble about the positions at this point, but I think the Steelers will go O early: TE, OL, WR, and pick up D later. Maybe D before WR, but definitly not before OL and TE.

Obvioulsy, we need to see how free agency shakes out.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:26 AM, mr fluffles said:

49. Pittsburgh  - Joshua Uche, Edge, Michigan  

102. Pittsburgh (Compensatory Pick) - Troy Pride Jr, CB,  Notre Dame  

121. Pittsburgh  -Solomon Kindley, OL, Georgia

132. Pittsburgh (From Tennessee) - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

197. Pittsburgh - Devin Asiasi, TE, UCLA

231. Pittsburgh - Tyler Clark, IDL, Georgia

I like your draft overall but your player comps for some of those players I don't understand. i.e. you compare Andrew Thomas to Greg Robinson, Jedrick Wills to La'El Collins and Mekhi Beckton to Jonathan Ogden yet have him sandwiched between the two. Ogden was a multi time All-Pro. Also, if you think so low of Thomas and even more so Josh Jones, I'm not sure why you have them in your mock. 

Also, that seems low for Derrick Brown, who is at minimum a top 10 player in this class and in my opinion the number one DT in this class. 

Edited by skhurst0398

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 12:43 PM, skhurst0398 said:

I like your draft overall but your player comps for some of those players I don't understand. i.e. you compare Andrew Thomas to Greg Robinson, Jedrick Wills to La'El Collins and Mekhi Beckton to Jonathan Ogden yet have him sandwiched between the two. Ogden was a multi time All-Pro. Also, if you think so low of Thomas and even more so Josh Jones, I'm not sure why you have them in your mock. 

Also, that seems low for Derrick Brown, who is at minimum a top 10 player in this class and in my opinion the number one DT in this class. 

Well, many of the comparisons where about the players they reminded me of, in terms of size, movement skills, strengths, etc. and not about their actual performance potential.