News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

I really, really want to resign Dak and hope it happens around 35 mil a year with decent guaranteed money. I believe the snag is around the Guaranteed money. If his agents are asking for 40 mil. I would franchise him and sign a backup like Mariota for 2 years. If a team wants to trade 2 1st for him, it would be tough for me to let him go but I would like to see what Mariota csn do under McCarthy. He never had a consistent HC or OC. If Dak is franchised and proves to be worth 40 than im all for it

Edited by eagles suck

4 hours ago, eagles suck said:

I really, really want to resign Dak and hope it happens around 35 mil a year with decent guaranteed money. I believe the snag is around the Guaranteed money. If his agents are asking for 40 mil. I would franchise him and sign a backup like Mariota for 2 years. If a team wants to trade 2 1st for him, it would be tough for me to let him go but I would like to see what Mariota csn do under McCarthy. He never had a consistent HC or OC. If Dak is franchised and proves to be worth 40 than im all for it

Mariota sucks. 

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I posted in the NFL News area that Jason Garrett must be elated with the 17 game schedule. As soon as he undermines Judge and steals his job as head coach, he won’t be able to go 8-8 anymore.

Come on @plan9misfit, he can still tie and go 8-8-1

Edited by CAPJ

On 2/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, WizardHawk said:
On 2/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, DaBoys said:

giphy.gif

Essentially, yeah. It sucks to be in that corner, but a $40mill burger is gonna be served. 

Stephen Jones has let his frugal nature screw us multiple times now. Im not even saying he is in the wrong for it, but sometimes I miss Jerry just being cavalier with his money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Stephen Jones has let his frugal nature screw us multiple times now. Im not even saying he is in the wrong for it, but sometimes I miss Jerry just being cavalier with his money. 

Very true. They seem to be polar opposites in their view of spending. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

IIRC, there was a report going into the 2014 season that our standing offers to DeMarco Murray and Dez Bryant were 4 years, $16M, ~$8-9M guaranteed and 10 years, $109M, ~$20M guaranteed respectively

They both ended up signing for effectively twice that

Edited by matt79511