Jump to content
Matts4313

News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

 

That special team comment is refreshing.  Curious to see if anything actually changes though.  All of this is lip service until proven otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe I read Dak's agent met with Dallas for like 30 minutes yesterday as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not going to hold my breath, but hope for the best nonetheless.  

I hope the kid comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AJ Bouye to the Broncos for a 4th round pick!!  He’s 28, and making $13.5M per the next two years. Seems like a cap dump by the Jags

Edited by CT Cowboy Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 4:17 PM, WizardHawk said:

 

I really hate this decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I really hate this decision.

I don’t get the cap challenges. What cap challenges? Seems the cap is going to rise substantially with next CBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

AJ Bouye to the Broncos for a 4th round pick!!  He’s 28, and making $13.5M per the next two years. Seems like a cap dump by the Jags

Solid trade for Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:
2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I really hate this decision.

I don’t get the cap challenges. What cap challenges? Seems the cap is going to rise substantially with next CBA

I think "Cap Challenges" is code for "we can spend the money better than a $16m RCB" - - not "we dont have the money"

Edited by Matts4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think "Cap Challenges" is code for "we can spend the money better than a $16m RCB" - - not "we dont have the money"

Well you were willing to spend 35 million for a mid tier QB who had mediocre stats before this year so I don't know why paying 16 for a CB who is among the best at his position for catching rates is such a crime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Well you were willing to spend 35 million for a mid tier QB who had mediocre stats before this year so I don't know why paying 16 for a CB who is among the best at his position for catching rates is such a crime. 

Thats because you still dont understand positional value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matts4313 said:

Thats because you still dont understand positional value

Lol mmk well you better hope that this average CB is easily replaced because our secondary is about to go to our biggest need by far. Remember the yesteryears before when our secondary was in shambles? And we have 3 of these guys about to hit FA after next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think "Cap Challenges" is code for "we can spend the money better than a $16m RCB" - - not "we dont have the money"

Better spent elsewhere than a top 10 CB, who is entering the prime of his career?  I struggle with that idea, especially considering who else is available. CB isn't exactly chopped liver in today's high passing offenses.

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×