News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Somehow getting Gregory and Irving (yes I went there) back would be just about the only thing that could happen this offseason that would make me legitimately excited for 2020

Would you oppose a defensive line of 

Randy Gregory 

David Irving 

Damon Harrison 

DLaw

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Confident we can all very safely assume the David Irving ship has sailed. He isn't coming back. He quit. Dallas isn't going to be interested. Huge difference between he and RG. 

I believe he said he wouldn't come back unless the NFL removed marijuana from the banned substance list, and that, like Dez, his primary issues were with the former head coach

Unlike Bryant, I think Irving can still play. It's a pipe dream at best (pun unintended), but I don't think it's that much less likely than getting Gregory back, who seemingly has much bigger issues to work through than his pot use

Irving’s issues weren’t so much with the drug-testing and HC, he just doesn’t want to play football. His heart isn’t in it. 

I hope this means Gregory can come back. I don’t know how effective he would be after all this time, but the talent is certainly there and worth giving him another shot.

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

Irving’s issues weren’t so much with the drug-testing and HC, he just doesn’t want to play football. His heart isn’t in it. 

I hope this means Gregory can come back. I don’t know how effective he would be after all this time, but the talent is certainly there and worth giving him another shot.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

Just as a reminder to everyone, Gregory's own lawyer had to send a SWAT team on him to get him mentally/physically ready to play last time. Hard to say if his heart's in the game of football right now, either.

Irving could probably get himself into football shape in a matter of weeks IF he wanted to, and I agree he almost certainly doesn't. We've seen it's a much more arduous process to get Gregory back, even if he's more the type of guy you want to root for.

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

Just as a reminder to everyone, Gregory's own lawyer had to send a SWAT team on him to get him mentally/physically ready to play last time. Hard to say if his heart's in the game of football right now, either.

Irving could probably get himself into football shape in a matter of weeks IF he wanted to, and I agree he almost certainly doesn't. We've seen it's a much more arduous process to get Gregory back, even if he's more the type of guy you want to root for.

Too much baggage to rely on for a championship run. If you need to coax a person into such a privledged league as the NFL, then they are either not interested or dumb as rocks.

Either way, no good. The second they are faced with adversity they will crumble.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Confident we can all very safely assume the David Irving ship has sailed. He isn't coming back. He quit. Dallas isn't going to be interested. Huge difference between he and RG. 

Yep I will forever dislike him for that. He could have been one of the next 100M type player and yet he chose to quit because he wouldnt get his way. 

I do sometimes wonder how different our seasons would have been without him and Gregory not having to deal with the weed stuff. 

45 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yep I will forever dislike him for that. He could have been one of the next 100M type player and yet he chose to quit because he wouldnt get his way. 

I do sometimes wonder how different our seasons would have been without him and Gregory not having to deal with the weed stuff. 

Both players had huge red flags coming out of college for a reason though. It's not like it was a complete surprise or a run of dumb luck. 

Dez,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dez-bryant-catches-passes-from-patrick-mahomes-as-he-works-on-nfl-comeback/ar-BB10fHpL?ocid=spartanntp

Also, I saw another article about this where it said out own Bobby Belt (Maverick) was there and recorded some of it. And he works for NFL Network. Did we know that?

Edited by HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Dez,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dez-bryant-catches-passes-from-patrick-mahomes-as-he-works-on-nfl-comeback/ar-BB10fHpL?ocid=spartanntp

Also, I saw another article about this where it said out own Bobby Belt (Maverick) was there and recorded some of it. And he works for NFL Network. Did we know that?

Yeah, I knew. He and Jane Slater are connected in some fashion I believe. He was producer of her radio show or something and they ended up going to NFLN together or something like that. Pretty crazy one of our own made the big time. 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, matt79511 said:

This entire story is crazy depressing. Can you imagine being so good at football that at one point he was rated the #1 college player - yet having so little confidence that you are having panic attacks? The guy is winning at life and cannot even enjoy it. 

I read that story twice. The idea that he has no friends and is depressed to the point that he smokes weed alone further his needs while not being a docter and also ignoring their advice.......The dude thinks he has no friends. That really sucks for him.

Edited by Matts4313

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read that story twice. The idea that he has no friends and is depressed to the point that he smokes weed alone further his needs while not being a docter and also ignoring their advice.......The dude thinks he has no friends. That really sucks for him.

I know man, it’s brutal. And it inclines me to think no news is bad news with him. It feels like he’s been off the grid for a minute here and I don’t think that’s a good sign