News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If Goff is earning 10M more then Dak? Then sure. Because it was a salary he would have knowledge of and still chose the lesser salary instead of the headline.

Tom Brady multiple times could have done a 30 million dollar a year salary, he could have broken the bank and yet never did, even his own contracts he never received full payment and still helped the team. He'll I remember his very first big contract he elected to take a discount for the Pat's. That was when he already won a SB. 

Keep in mind this is a contract that also came only a year and a half after Bledsoe signed his 10 yr 100m dollar contract with them. 

I fully acknowledge that Tom Brady left money on the table. You are right. 

My point was, even if it was only for 1 day, Brady had the biggest contract with the most GTD $$ in the NFL. 

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Number of all pros in 2017: 1

Number of all pros in 2018: 1 1st team, 1 second team

Number of all pros in 2019: 1

STOP OVER RATING THE PLAYERS. ALL PRO PLAYERS MAKE THE ALL PRO TEAM.

Are you seriously saying that players who have multiple Allpros are somehow not allpros in a year that they missed? So Zeke who missed the all pro list in 2017 somehow wasn't the same zeke who made it the year before and after?

So by this logic, does that mean our offense is suffering because they aren't working with a allpro QB? In fact they are only working with a guy who's only made the probowl legit once, and the 2nd time only as an alternate?

STOP OVERRATING HIS TALENT MATTS!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Are you seriously saying that players who have multiple Allpros are somehow not allpros in a year that they missed? So Zeke who missed the all pro list in 2017 somehow wasn't the same zeke who made it the year before and after?

So by this logic, does that mean our offense is suffering because they aren't working with a allpro QB? In fact they are only working with a guy who's only made the probowl legit once, and the 2nd time only as an alternate?

STOP OVERRATING HIS TALENT MATTS!!!!

Well, Zeke for sure wasnt all pro last year. He sucked to start the year. Cooper is not an all pro. Never was. T Smith hasnt been an all pro in years. Fredrick regressed.

You cant call people all pros when they havent been there (or not in years).

Dak may never make an all pro. I dont think Drew Brees ever did. Only 2 QB spots and I have to imagine Mahomes will have one of them locked up for the next 15 years. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, Zeke for sure wasnt all pro last year. He sucked to start the year. Cooper is not an all pro. Never was. T Smith hasnt been an all pro in years. Fredrick regressed.

You cant call people all pros when they havent been there (or not in years).

Dak may never make an all pro. I dont think Drew Brees ever did. Only 2 QB spots and I have to imagine Mahomes will have one of them locked up for the next 15 years. 

Brees has made like 7 of them. 1st and 2nd team all pros.

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Brees has made like 7 of them. 1st and 2nd team all pros.

As soon as I posted that I remembered its was Troy Aikman who never made one.

Either way, All Pros for QBs is a challenge. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Peyton/Eli signed signed 6/7 year contracts with bigger signing bonus right after. That doesnt change what I said. Tom Brady signed the biggest contract in history at the time. Just like:

Rogers did

Then Wentz did

Then Goff did

Then Wilson did

All last year.

And guess what?

then Dak will

Then Watson will

Then Pat will

Then Lamar will

all in the next ~12 months

Thats the NFL works...

Too true. Everyone's upset at Dak wanting that money but the price goes up every year. Is Dak as good as Mahomes? NO. Wilson? No. etc

But he also is younger than Wilson, on the rise like Mahomes (albeit Mahomes in a whole other level), and he earned that money. He may be top paid QB but not for very long. It's just the business side of the NFL and how it works. We don't have to like it.

But truth is Dak earned to be in this position. For four seasons now the young man has played well beyond anyone expected and is still getting better, starting as raw as he did. Its unfortunate he didnt win his rookie year like this team honestly deserved, but Rodgers did the same to Romo. The team after that was not playing at the level deserving of big success l, and it's not Daks fault. Just as it isn't all on Rodgers that he has one ring, and it isn't all on Brady that he has 6. This team needs to play better, and this rosters middle and bottom players need a serious overhaul.

19 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Too true. Everyone's upset at Dak wanting that money but the price goes up every year. Is Dak as good as Mahomes? NO. Wilson? No. etc

But he also is younger than Wilson, on the rise like Mahomes (albeit Mahomes in a whole other level), and he earned that money. He may be top paid QB but not for very long. It's just the business side of the NFL and how it works. We don't have to like it.

But truth is Dak earned to be in this position. For four seasons now the young man has played well beyond anyone expected and is still getting better, starting as raw as he did. Its unfortunate he didnt win his rookie year like this team honestly deserved, but Rodgers did the same to Romo. The team after that was not playing at the level deserving of big success l, and it's not Daks fault. Just as it isn't all on Rodgers that he has one ring, and it isn't all on Brady that he has 6. This team needs to play better, and this rosters middle and bottom players need a serious overhaul.

Why do I keep hearing that everyone else needs to play better but Dak? He took a major step forward this year, but lets be honest the only person who really regressed this year on offense was Fat Zeke. Everyone else stepped up and that benefited Dak big time. But when the players themselves aren't coming through then that 35M a year QB should elevate those around and do something about putting us in a position to win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Why do I keep hearing that everyone else needs to play better but Dak? He took a major step forward this year, but lets be honest the only person who really regressed this year on offense was Fat Zeke. Everyone else stepped up and that benefited Dak big time. But when the players themselves aren't coming through then that 35M a year QB should elevate those around and do something about putting us in a position to win. 

“Everyone else stepped up”

My question to you is, what on Earth would have to happen for you to believe Dak elevated those around him?

Because, apparently his teammates all elevating their play at the same time isn't evidence of that. So what is? 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

“Everyone else stepped up”

My question to you is, what on Earth would have to happen for you to believe Dak elevated those around him?

Because, apparently his teammates all elevating their play at the same time isn't evidence of that. So what is? 

Something like this.

That leads to either of these.

1200px-Nfc_championship_logo.svg.png

01a354cbe27b.jpg