News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

8 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I read an article somewhere that said the Bills overpaid for him and may think about getting rid of him. But I just looked up his stats and it looks like he had a better statistical year in Buffalo than any time hes had here in Dallas. So does that mean Dak was holding him back?? I mean since Dak is making Amari and everyone around him better why didnt he do that with Cole?? 

Dude... You need coffee. Coles #1 and #3 best years came with Dak.

Maybe Amari didnt want to be in Oakland. A change of scenery helps sometimes. To me that was more the issue than Dak making him better. Its not like the guy isnt talented.

Of course thats your opinion. Because you are playing devils advocate. But *AMARI HIMSELF* said that Dak has elevated him.

It's no coincidence Dak has improved greatly once Amari got here and vice versa. They comment one another well as I've said before. BOTH help one another out. Dak helps Amari by throwing a good catchable ball, sometimes. And Amari helps out Dak by getting separation and not having to throw him open, sometimes. It's a give and take. Dont act like it's only a one way street.

If you ask me would I rather have the Cowboys pay Dak 40 million which is what he wants or play the season with Dalton and possibly tank for Fields or Lawrence to me that's a no brainer. 

Dak doesnt want $40m. Stop with that.

10 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

But then in 2018 we hear "Dak led us to the playoffs and into the divisional round" yet the defense carried us the majority of the year.

So when we win, its Dak.

When we lose it's either Fat Zeke, Receivers drop passes, our kicker, our defense or our coach.

Got it.

Well, that kinda has a lot to do with the fact that we had the #1 offense and went 8-8. So common sense would say "Offense wasnt our biggest issue"

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Dude... You need coffee. Coles #1 and #3 best years came with Dak.

Of course thats your opinion. Because you are playing devils advocate. But *AMARI HIMSELF* said that Dak has elevated him.

Dak doesnt want $40m. Stop with that.

He had more TDs and more YPC up in Buffalo on less catches. To me that sounds like am improvement. A slight improvement but improvement nonetheless. 

And yes I am playing devil's advocate 😈 but even you cant deny that they both help elevate one another.

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

He had more TDs and more YPC up in Buffalo on less catches. To me that sounds like am improvement. A slight improvement but improvement nonetheless. 

And yes I am playing devil's advocate 😈 but even you cant deny that they both help elevate one another.

I honestly dont even know why this sentence matters. The question was "Does Dak elevate his teammates" - the answer is yes. All talented players have synergy.

Of course Dak is aided by having Cooper. All QBs prefer having talent.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, that kinda has a lot to do with the fact that we had the #1 offense and went 8-8. So common sense would say "Offense wasnt our biggest issue"

What hes saying is it's a team game when the team losses. When it wins it's because of Dak. It doesnt work that way. It's a team win or loss every game. What I would see is Dak leading 3 and outs to start a ton of games last year. Or does that fall on the team again?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I honestly dont even know why this sentence matters. The question was "Does Dak elevate his teammates" - the answer is yes. All talented players have synergy.

Of course Dak is aided by having Cooper. All QBs prefer having talent.

Romo helped elevate his teammates. When Dak had no wideouts who did he help elevate then?? Romo helped elevate a ton of players. 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

What hes saying is it's a team game when the team losses. When it wins it's because of Dak. It doesnt work that way. It's a team win or loss every game. What I would see is Dak leading 3 and outs to start a ton of games last year. Or does that fall on the team again?

I know what he is saying. And I also know he, you, most people also blamed the coaches for every loss during the season and Dak after the season. Bit hypocritical. 

And I would disagree we were bad at the start of games. 

1st half: 2350 yards, 16 tds, 117 1st downs + 1194 rushing,, 7 tds, 64 1st downs

2nd half: 2750 yards, 17 tds, 131 1st downs + 962 rushing, 11 tds, 56 1st downs

Pretty even. 

10 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Romo helped elevate his teammates. When Dak had no wideouts who did he help elevate then?? Romo helped elevate a ton of players. 

....... Romo went 8-8 like 4 years in a row. With Dez/TO/Miles Austin/Terrance Wiliams/Jason Witten/Murray. Romo always had weapons. 

Does no one remember the Romo years? The complaint was always his OL and Def let him down.

Dak has 1 less playoff win right now than Romo had in a 15 year career. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

....... Romo went 8-8 like 4 years in a row. With Dez/TO/Miles Austin/Terrance Wiliams/Jason Witten/Murray. Romo always had weapons. 

Does no one remember the Romo years? The complaint was always his OL and Def let him down.

Dak has 1 less playoff win right now than Romo had in a 15 year career. 

Romo also elevated the likes of Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson and there was one more Crayton I believe. The question wasnt about playoff wins or whom is better. The question was Romo elevating no name players into pro bowl caliber stats. 

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know what he is saying. And I also know he, you, most people also blamed the coaches for every loss during the season and Dak after the season. Bit hypocritical. 

And I would disagree we were bad at the start of games. 

1st half: 2350 yards, 16 tds, 117 1st downs + 1194 rushing,, 7 tds, 64 1st downs

2nd half: 2750 yards, 17 tds, 131 1st downs + 962 rushing, 11 tds, 56 1st downs

Pretty even. 

I did not say first half I said the start of the game. The first few drives. Plenty of 3 and outs which lead to the team falling behind. Do you not remember the slow starts or was I watching a different Cowboy season last year?? You said it yourself in another post that Daks best quarters were the 2nd and 3rd. That means quarter #1 was subpar 

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Romo also elevated the likes of Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson and there was one more Crayton I believe. The question wasnt about playoff wins or whom is better. The question was Romo elevating no name players into pro bowl caliber stats. 

Crayton sucked.

Robinson Ill give you, even though he had to retire due to concussion the year he left us. So its hard to gauge his skill level.

Austin was legit good. He just had so many damn injuries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I did not say first half I said the start of the game. The first few drives. Plenty of 3 and outs which lead to the team falling behind. Do you not remember the slow starts or was I watching a different Cowboy season last year?? You said it yourself in another post that Daks best quarters were the 2nd and 3rd. That means quarter #1 was subpar 

I remember that happening in the Packers, Bills and Bears games. I dont remember it happening often at all. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2019.htm

Theres the box scores, but seriously, it wasnt something that was common.  And I dont really know why itt matters. If you are going into halftime tied, then that just means we need to script our first 15 plays better. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Crayton sucked.

Robinson Ill give you, even though he had to retire due to concussion the year he left us. So its hard to gauge his skill level.

Austin was legit good. He just had so many damn injuries. 

Craytons best statistical year is almost on par with Beasley's. I'm just saying. But yeah that was just one year of decent production from Crayton. But that means Romo did help elevate him a little

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I remember that happening in the Packers, Bills and Bears games. I dont remember it happening often at all. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2019.htm

Theres the box scores, but seriously, it wasnt something that was common. 

The Jets game as well. Already that's a quarter of the season. You can throw in the 2nd eagles game and the Saints game as games that Dak underperformed. That's 6 games of the season that Dak and the offense were subpar.