News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

10 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

The Jets game as well. Already that's a quarter of the season. You can throw in the 2nd eagles game and the Saints game as games that Dak underperformed. That's 6 games of the season that Dak and the offense were subpar. 

It would be a huge, huge stretch to blame the Saints on Dak. That was the game where Dak was the one that showed up, but for some god awful reason we kept handing it to Zeke.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cooper:

OAK: 96 targets, 48 receptions (50%) 680 yards

DAL: 119 target, 79 reception  (66%) 1189 yards (best season in career)

Cobb:

GNB: 92 tgt, 66 rec(72%) , 653 yards <= with Aaron Rodgers

DAL: 83 tgt, 55 red (66%), 828 yards <= best season in in 5 years

Oline:

2018: 9.6% sack rate

2019: 3.7% sack rate

2018: #22 offense

2019: #1 offense (With Dak accounting for 75% of the yards, 65% of the TDs, 65% of our first down)

Looks like he elevated the WR's, the OL and the offense in general.

But having a bad defense, special teams and a team that gave up on the coaching staff are clearly all his fault! Damn him.

In case it wasn’t clear, I agree with you.

And even Calvert agreed with your premise... everyone on offense played better. But he just thinks that everyone else made Dak better, and not vice versa.

Apparently you have only elevated your teammates if you make the NFCCG or Super Bowl. Otherwise, they elevated you.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It would be a huge, huge stretch to blame the Saints on Dak. That was the game where Dak was the one that showed up, but for some god awful reason we kept handing it to Zeke.

And that was on the coaches. Completely slipped my mind that he was driving them down the field and boom 3 straight handoffs to Zeke. 

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

And even Calvert agreed with your premise... everyone on offense played better. But he just thinks that everyone else made Dak better, and not vice versa.

Apparently you have only elevated your teammates if you make the NFCCG or Super Bowl. Otherwise, they elevated you.

It's clear as daylight though. Before the Amari trade what was the Cowboys offense looking like? What happened to the offense afterwards?? How anyone can defend that Amari didnt help elevate the offense is asinine. All you have to do is look at Daks numbers before and after Amari

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I know, I just wanted to make sure you saw the post.

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

And that was on the coaches. Completely slipped my mind that he was driving them down the field and boom 3 straight handoffs to Zeke. 

We lost the same way to the Vikes. Dak was absolutely killing them. I actually read the yesterday that Dak vs Vikes was one of the top 10 games a QB ever had against Zimmer. 

Dak drives us down to the 10 yard for the go ahead win. 3 straight play calls to Zeke and we lose. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Dak drives us down to the 10 yard for the go ahead win. 3 straight play calls to Zeke and we lose. 

Yeah but how many box defenders did Zeke draw when we got -3 yards on those plays?

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

It's clear as daylight though. Before the Amari trade what was the Cowboys offense looking like? What happened to the offense afterwards?? How anyone can defend that Amari didnt help elevate the offense is asinine. All you have to do is look at Daks numbers before and after Amari

It wasnt just Amari. We also fired our OL coach at the bye. Many people gloss over that. 

And Dak admitted itt took him time to shake the Falcons game and start trusting his teammates. 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

Of course Amari helps, man. Having good players on your team is a good thing.

These things are not mutually exclusive. Having a stud QB, with a really good OL and pass catching options is how you build one of the best offenses in football.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah but how many box defenders did Zeke draw when we got -3 yards on those plays?

Here is the funny thing. Zeke faced a loaded box on *4* plays against the Vikings that entire game.... They just couldnt stop Dak/Coop

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Here is the funny thing. Zeke faced a loaded box on *4* plays against the Vikings that entire game.... They just couldnt stop Dak/Coop

You dont need a loaded box when playcalling is vanilla asf

13 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

You dont need a loaded box when playcalling is vanilla asf

Its wasnt until the final 30 seconds.... 

Seriously man. I feel  like you are just making stuff up to argue at this point. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, that kinda has a lot to do with the fact that we had the #1 offense and went 8-8. So common sense would say "Offense wasnt our biggest issue"

Then you can make the point that our best year record wise, was 2016 when we were 13-3.

That year we asked our QB to make limited reads and game manage. 

The year we had the number 1 offense and asked more of our QB, we went 8-8. 

Based on that, we should just get a game manager on a cheap deal. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its wasnt until the final 30 seconds.... 

Seriously man. I feel  like you are just making stuff up to argue at this point. 

3 straight handoffs in the redzone is playing it as vanilla as you can. Did I mention the playcalling was vanilla all game or was you putting words in my mouth??

7 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Then you can make the point that our best year record wise, was 2016 when we were 13-3.

That year we asked our QB to make limited reads and game manage. 

The year we had the number 1 offense and asked more of our QB, we went 8-8. 

Based on that, we should just get a game manager on a cheap deal. 

You mean, the year that our QB won rookie of the year and got MVP votes?

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You mean, the year that our QB won rookie of the year and got MVP votes?

Yes. I do. The same year we asked him to do less and manage the game. 

• Like 1