News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

40 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Call it a hunch, but I don’t think DeAndre Baker or Quinton Dunbar won’t be suiting up this season.

Oh, I definitely think there is a pretty good chance they will get to suit for the next 5-10 seasons....

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 3

Looking at those numbers I see why we didn’t draft a TE as McCarthy it seems mostly goes 1 TE occasionally 2.  I think with Elliot we might see more 2.    Either way I have always thought Elliot did better when we ran sweeps or spread the field out. I like the 12 a lot for this team as it gets the best out there.  But Jarwin better learn to be atleast a average blocker I don’t know the rating in Shultz blocking but what ever second TE plays needs to be a solid blocker 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, quiller said:

Looking at those numbers I see why we didn’t draft a TE as McCarthy it seems mostly goes 1 TE occasionally 2.  I think with Elliot we might see more 2.    Either way I have always thought Elliot did better when we ran sweeps or spread the field out. I like the 12 a lot for this team as it gets the best out there.  But Jarwin better learn to be atleast a average blocker I don’t know the rating in Shultz blocking but what ever second TE plays needs to be a solid blocker 

I do think we'll see a lot of 11, 10, and even 20 personnel - I'd imagine we'll have 3 receivers out there like 85% of the time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I do think we'll see a lot of 11, 10, and even 20 personnel - I'd imagine we'll have 3 receivers out there like 85% of the time.

Frankly anything else would be malpractice

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, quiller said:

The guy we signed in FA from the Chiefs is supposed to be a decent blocker

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Shultz came from Stanford their TEs are required to be good blockers. 

Well I was happy we were getting away from undersized DTs, personally. But McCoy has never really been huge like Poe anyway. Plus it’s the off-season, and he’s probably just getting his conditioning right. 

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I don’t know how to take it. He was listed at 295, if he did drop the 20 that puts him at 275. Maybe he’ll be playing DE of us instead of DT? 🤷🏼‍♂️

He's listed at 300 pounds at nfl.com, Dallascowboys.com, msn.com, Dallas morning news, and profootballreference.com

But Marcus Spears once said that most guys play above their listed weight, and actually gain weight as the season progresses and there’s less time for conditioning.

I’d be willing to bet McCoy plays in the 300 to 310 range.

It’s kinda hard to tell from a photo but he looks every bit of 290 there

Edited by DaBoys

Ok, after doing some digging....

He is now at 295 AFTER losing 20 pounds

In an interview with the mothership McCoy noted that he has lost 20 lbs this offseason. He is obviously working out but he is doing more than that; he told ESPN’s Marty Smith that he has shifted away from a purely vegan diet as an example.

When he spoke to the mothership, McCoy noted that he was at 295 and said that was the lowest that he had been since his rookie season (2010). On Thursday, he shared a photo of the 20 lb loss on his Instagram story

Edited by DaBoys

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

First Baker of the Giants and Dunbar of Washington charged, and now the Redskins get hit again.

Feels so weird not being Cowboys DL this off-season 

That's because the Cowboys dline are not criminals. Smoking weed is not a crime

• Like 1