News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

18 hours ago, D82 said:

295 for a 3-tech isn't too shabby. 

It's not, especially when you have a quality 330 pound run stuffing DT next to him.

Our past issues were because our "quality" run stuffing DT was a 305 pound undrafted free agent that bounced team to team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still vividly remember wanting to draft Poe and McCoy. But they were out of reach. Crazy to think we have them both. 

It is. Never would have thought we'd have Aldon Smith here either...although it remains to be seen if he can a) resume playing and b) be anywhere near as good as he was a couple years ago.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

It is. Never would have thought we'd have Aldon Smith here either...although it remains to be seen if he can a) resume playing and b) be anywhere near as good as he was a couple years ago.

too bad it wasnt 2013

Just now, CAPJ said:

too bad it wasnt 2013

I still think McCoy and Poe have something to offer. Smith is honestly a who knows. He was on his way to a HOF career before his off-the-field stuff, so the potential is there.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I still vividly remember wanting to draft Poe and McCoy. But they were out of reach. Crazy to think we have them both. 

Poe wasn't out of reach, we just chose Claiborne.

I was on board with drafting David DeCastro, in fact I was clamoring for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Poe wasn't out of reach, we just chose Claiborne.

I was on board with drafting David DeCastro, in fact I was clamoring for it.

Dont remind me. Poe has more TDs than Claiborne (I dont know if this is true, but it sounds like it could be). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Vegan diets are dangerous for athletes. All they do is increase the potential for injury. Just ask NHL star Steve Stamkos.

Yep take a look at what happened with Arian Foster and he was a vegan. 

• Like 1