News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Poe wasn't out of reach, we just chose Claiborne.

I was on board with drafting David DeCastro, in fact I was clamoring for it.

I wanted Cox. 

We all wanted DeCastro that draft. There was some debate over Brockers and Cox. I wanted Cox. Even started a comparison thread for them. We all wanted Poe, and I think most fans did after he benched more reps than anyone else at the combine(44 reps) and then proceeded to run a 4.87 at 350 pounds.

No one was even talking about Claiborne. First, he was expected to go way to high. Secondly, we didn’t really NEED a CB. We had Scandrick, Mike Jenkins, and Carr all already on the roster. And we JUST signed Carr. Drafting a CB at our original spot wasn’t even being discussed, much less trading up for one. I remember thinking it was overkill but eventually talking myself into it.

In hindsight we should have stayed at 14. Poe and Cox would have been gone but we would have had Chandler Jones, Michael Brockers, or DeCastro to choose from. Obviously Chandler Jones would have been the right answer, he hasn’t had less than 11 sacks in the last five years. 

Edited by DaBoys

18 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Aldon Smith has officially been reinstated. Hopefully Gregory is next

This is Epic. Hopefully we have to pay him 4 million this year and a extension.  That would mean at least 14 sacks. 

Edited by eagles suck

22 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Aldon Smith has officially been reinstated. Hopefully Gregory is next

I just heard that on NFL Radio. Big news. Not sure what he'll contribute, but at least he'll have a chance. If Gregory is also reinstated, we may have a solid d-line.

@Matts4313, @Nextyearfordaboyz, thoughts? I respect your insights quite a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I just heard that on NFL Radio. Big news. Not sure what he'll contribute, but at least he'll have a chance. If Gregory is also reinstated, we may have a solid d-line.

@Matts4313, @Nextyearfordaboyz, thoughts? I respect your insights quite a bit.

I think if Jay Glazer is correct in that Aldon is in the best shape of his life, it could be huge. There is no doubt he is/was super talented. Jim Tomsula is a great DL coach. May have coached him in the past.

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Prisco has Dak 45 on top 100 players 2020. There were 6 qbs ahead of him but no Wentz who was not in the top 100. Collins Smith Martin and Copper are the other Cowboys to make the top 100

But....but.....Eagles fans keep telling us how great he is. @Matts4313, they couldn’t possibly be wrong, could they???

• Like 1