News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is everything I just said not completely factual and objective? I made a simple statement. I said until the falcons game, went and DEC were in the same ballpark. And that is true.

also, if we are being objective, Dak has received MVP votes, and was in the top three according to ESPN last year all the way until week 10.

Your only breaking down half the season does not work like that. The numbers are not close when you project Wentz the whole season which is 40 tds and over 4000 yds passing. Even with Wentz missing 3 games his numbers are better by a good margin then Daks. So if you break down the whole season Wentz was a lot better then Dak. Last season Dak had a better season then Wentz but with the division title on the line we all know what happened. So like I said Dak better in 3 of 4 seasons but in 2017 Wentz much better then Dak. 

Edited by cromagnum

15 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Your only breaking down half the season does not work like that. The numbers are not close when you project Wentz the whole season which is 40 tds and over 4000 yds passing. Even with Wentz missing 3 games his numbers are better by a good margin then Daks. So if you break down the whole season Wentz was a lot better then Dak. Last season Dak had a better season then Wentz but with the division title on the line we all know what happened. So like I said Dak better in 3 of 4 seasons but in 2017 Wentz much better then Dak. 

LOL. I specifically said until the falcons game they were neck-and-neck. Dak also projects to 4000 + yards   40 tds.

Wentz, like Dak, didn't achieve those numbers for different reasons. One got hurt, the other one got killed.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

LOL. I specifically said until the falcons game they were neck-and-neck. Dak also projects to 4000 + yards   40 tds.

Wentz, like Dak, didn't achieve those numbers for different reasons. One got hurt, the other one got killed.

What are you talking about? Dak came no where close to 40 tds or 4000yds. Again grasping at straws at one game. Will you answer this question at least which I no you probably won’t. If Wentz does not get hurt does he most likely win league MVP? You can’t even admit Wentz had a better season then Dak in 2017  if that’s not being objective or homerism I don’t what is lol. I know I know Dak got killed in the falcons game hence why he was not good the rest of the season. 

Edited by cromagnum

13 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

What are you talking about? Dak came no where close to 40 tds or 4000yds. Again grasping at straws at one game. Will you answer this question at least which I no you probably won’t. If Wentz does not get hurt does he most likely win league MVP? You can’t even admit Wentz had a better season then Dak in 2017  if that’s not being objective or homerism I don’t what is lol. I know I know Dak got killed in the falcons game hence why he was not good the rest of the season. 

I feel like you are struggling to comprehend what I am saying.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I feel like you are struggling to comprehend what I am saying.

I feel like your struggling to admit Wentz had a better season then Dak in 2017. Take off the Dak homer glasses a bit it’s ok to admit Wentz was better that season. If your not gonna answer my question then we having nothing to discuss. 

22 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I just heard that on NFL Radio. Big news. Not sure what he'll contribute, but at least he'll have a chance. If Gregory is also reinstated, we may have a solid d-line.

@Matts4313, @Nextyearfordaboyz, thoughts? I respect your insights quite a bit.

I do think there is real reason for optimism. Aldon Smith was a true stud. If he's mentally and physically ready (and the Jay Glazer stuff seems to indicate he might be), then I think getting him reinstated is very exciting.

I'm still in wait-and-see mode, but I do like our chances of getting at least 1 really solid pass rusher out of Smith or Gregory.

48 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jay Glazer said he was in the best shape of his life.

Me "Best football shape? Or best physical shape?"

Most importantly, how is he mentally? Addiction is a hell of a thing, and if the issues that led to the derailment of his career aren't fixed, then it's only a matter of time before he's out of the league again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cromagnum said:

I feel like your struggling to admit Wentz had a better season then Dak in 2017. Take off the Dak homer glasses a bit it’s ok to admit Wentz was better that season. If your not gonna answer my question then we having nothing to discuss. 

dafuk? I literally never ever ever ever ever said Dak was better. WENTZ WAS CLEARLY BETTER IN 2017 ANY IDIOT COULD SEE THAT. 

So quit making strawman arguments and moving goal post.

I said the ftist 8 games they were identical. Then proved it to you.  The rest of this crap argument is you making stuff up.

43 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Hmmm I wonder if this actually becomes a story instead of him trying to make it a story.

I'd still prefer we add a DE over another safety...but I also wouldn't be mad if we decided to add a 24 year old All-Pro safety who can play multiple spots. 

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I'd still prefer we add a DE over another safety...but I also wouldn't be mad if we decided to add a 24 year old All-Pro safety who can play multiple spots. 

Lmao could you imagine the mayhem if we did trade for Adams with a contract already in place with Dak STILL waiting?

teIHCTbv_400x400.jpg

11 hours ago, D82 said:

Guys...let’s keep any Dak discussion in one of the two threads we already have dedicated to him, please?

Is there really anything left to be said? I see two people debating Dak, I back out of the thread.  Thanks for your efforts to keep the Dak debate from infecting every thread.