News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No. You are not saying that at all. You are not only suggesting that we could get a HOF caliber replacement - but you literally listed two guys who could be argued to be top 10 ALL-TIME-GREATS.

This is a fantasy conversation. PURE fantasy. We could have invested a first rounder in Lynch...that doesn't make it better.

You can shove your head in the sand and hope that we get better than Dak - but that isn't an absolute. Pure fantasy to suggest otherwise. There is a very real possibility we get worse. Much worse.

Yes thats right chicken little keep thinking the sky will fall if we lose Dak. 

You know I remember at the beginning of this offseason we lost 2 all pro caliber players at cornerstone positions and you mocked people who were furious we lost them walk without a backup plan. You said we were gonna replace them no problem and we are just overreacting crybabies not having the patience or faith to see how the FO replaces them. You twiddle your thumbs and snicker as if it was no big deal but now that Daks name is out there, all of a sudden now that scenario is code red. Way to not have faith in the FO bro. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

When was the last time a QB of Dak’s pedigree and youth hit the market? Maybe Drew Brees, but Brees wasn’t as good in San Diego as Dak has been with us.

It would be pretty unprecedented. 

Cousins

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Cousins

That would be the most recent...and Washington wouldn't pay him, thinking they could draft a replacement. Jury is still out on Haskins...but not looking like a smart decision. 

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

That would be the most recent...and Washington wouldn't pay him, thinking they could draft a replacement. Jury is still out on Haskins...but not looking like a smart decision. 

Not exactly.

They thought they could replace overpriced youth with an average vet FA like Tannehill, Winston, Mariota, Brady(not average), Flacco, Cam Newton....etc...

That year it was Alex Smith, and wouldn’t you guess they were doing pretty good before he Theismannd his leg. In fact I think they beat us(Dak) that year. And afterward Colt McCoy NEARLY beat us iirc

But yes I agree jury is still out on Haskins. After all, he just turned 23 on May 3rd. He isn’t 27 like our developmental QB

Dak is 7-1 against the Redskins. Alex Smith is that 1 I believe. 

So, at the time it did work out for the Redskins to take a cheaper QB.

If you guys really want to debate how not signing Cousins was the doom of the Washington franchise we can do it. I wonder if the Skins fans are crying over Cousins and his albatross contract. I bet most would be willing to let Haskins try.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If you guys really want to debate how not signing Cousins was the doom of the Washington franchise we can do it. I wonder if the Skins fans are crying over Cousins and his albatross contract. I bet most would be willing to let Haskins try.

Redskins plan was an aberration because of the injury. It was working out for them

It would be like Dak holding out and the Cowboys going 6-2 with Dalton, then Dalton breaks his leg on a freak play and people say, See, you should have stuck with Dak

• Like 1

Either way we are already paying Dak 33M on the tag. We already let Byron, Quinn, and Collins walk. We are already left with ~5M in cap space.  The damage is done. There is no sense in letting Dak go now. 

Although Cam at 10M a year plus EG, and Clowney would be sick. DLaw, EG, Clowney, Aldon Smith, RG, and Anae would be Madden level pass rush rotation.

just dreaming

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

Redskins plan was an aberration because of the injury. It was working out for them

It would be like Dak holding out and the Cowboys going 6-2 with Dalton, then Dalton breaks his leg on a freak play and people say, See, you should have stuck with Dak

Exactly. Haskins learning under Alex Smith would be the plan. It just didn’t work out because of a freak injury. Haskins has a good defense. He needs WRs, OL, and a RB but he has a chance to get better. Hopefully he doesn’t 

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

@Calvert28 - not making this into a Dak thread. But I am suuuuppper impressed by the shifting of goal-post and the massive revision of history. The fiction you must write in your head is amazing. 

Oh look you once again accuse someone of making things up so you don't have to own up to what you say. Most people don't go back and read those threads so I suppose it can work to an extent. But of course you remember mocking people for not "waiting to see" what happens right?

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Cousins

Cousins 29: 6 years/59 starts - 1 probowl -  16945 yards - ~64-65% cmp - 112 TDs - 55 INT + 37 Fumbles

Dak 26: 4 years/67 starts - 2 probowls - 17793 yards - ~65.5% cmp - 125 TDs - 38 INTs + 31 Fumbles

Straight sweep by Dak.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Didnt we already discuss this? Cowboys are 7-1 over the Redskins.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Slightly cheaper. It was like ~3-4m/yr cheaper.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

"Albatross Contract" - - Dude was lights out last year. The Vikings were legit.