News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So you do or you don’t think Cousins is comparable to Dak?

Right now? Probably both in tier 2 with a bunch of other QBs. But through their first 4 years (or age 26) they arent even comparable. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Right now? Probably both in tier 2 with a bunch of other QBs. But through their first 4 years (or age 26) they arent even comparable. 

I think they were given the tools they had. Both are above average 

• Like 1

I just wish we would hear a yes or no on Gregory.  With reduced OTA’s. The sooner the staff knows who’s available the better.  I have more faith Gregory can be a major contributor then Aldon Smith right now.  I also am praying adding some real talent in the middle of our DL is gonna help our LB’s return to 2018 level 

on a side I never really thought much of Cousins he had never really shown me anything though yes he was good last year for the Vikes. 

4 hours ago, quiller said:

on a side I never really thought much of Cousins he had never really shown me anything though yes he was good last year for the Vikes

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cousins didn’t play a full season until his 4th year in the league. 2015.

2015: 

4,166 yards 29 TDs 11 picks

2016:

4,917 yards 29 TDs 12 picks

2017:

4,093 yards 27 TDs 13 picks

2018: 

4,298 yards 30 TDs 10 picks

2019:

3,603 yards 26 TDs 6 picks

All of those years are comparable to Daks year last season. 4,902 yards 30 TDs 11 picks

You guys don’t like him because he doesn’t wear a star on his helmet. You would feel the same about Dak if he were a Redskin/Viking instead of a Cowboy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh look you once again accuse someone of making things up so you don't have to own up to what you say. Most people don't go back and read those threads so I suppose it can work to an extent. But of course you remember mocking people for not "waiting to see" what happens right?

I encourage to go back and see that I did want to re-sign Jones - and was okay with the highest contract for a CB ever. So...when have I never owned up to what I say? You day drinking and confusing me with someone else?

It was Quinn I wouldn't have paid. 

And you are damn right I mocked people - and will continue to do so - over freaking out about the first hour of new business. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

2015: 4,166 yards 29 TDs 11 picks

2016: 4,917 yards 29 TDs 12 picks

2017: 4,093 yards 27 TDs 13 picks

2018: 4,298 yards 30 TDs 10 picks

2019: 3,603 yards 26 TDs 6 picks

All of those years are comparable to Daks year last season. 4,902 yards 30 TDs 11 picks

You guys don’t like him because he doesn’t wear a star on his helmet. You would feel the same about Dak if he were a Redskin/Viking instead of a Cowboy.

And, each and every one of us laughed when Minny p!ssed away so much money signing Cousins to that trash deal because we all know that he isn’t that good. Yet, Matts insists that our QB is, even though he has accomplished....well, nothing.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

2015: 

4,166 yards 29 TDs 11 picks

2016:

4,917 yards 29 TDs 12 picks

2017:

4,093 yards 27 TDs 13 picks

2018: 

4,298 yards 30 TDs 10 picks

2019:

3,603 yards 26 TDs 6 picks

Which are you missing? The same age or the same pedigree? Because wasnt that the question? Kirk has neither. 

43 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And, each and every one of us laughed when Minny p!ssed away so much money signing Cousins to that trash deal because we all know that he isn’t that good.

No. Not all of use laughed. Some of use said it was too high, but not that it was egregious 

43 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Yet, Matts insists that our QB is, even though he has accomplished....well, nothing.

On an individual level Dak has been the best QB this millennia (outside of Russell Wilson) through the first 4 years. 

Everything you try to blame on Dak is a team accomplishment. 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I encourage to go back and see that I did want to re-sign Jones - and was okay with the highest contract for a CB ever. So...when have I never owned up to what I say? You day drinking and confusing me with someone else?

It was Quinn I wouldn't have paid. 

And you are damn right I mocked people - and will continue to do so - over freaking out about the first hour of new business. 

Oh no I remember you saying you would have resigned Jones. I also remember with us letting both JOnes and Quinn go you also said that people are freaking out and getting angry over nothing because we haven't seen what the FO planned to do about it which so far has not been much besides a rookie and some yesteryear players filling the void. 

Yea you seemed so easy going with the whole thing, but that's the thing. Where's your easy going attitude with Dak then? We lost two cornerstone position players and you basically shrug your shoulders but now it's Dak and you are hitting all the red buttons and bashing people for not doing the same.

So I ask again where's your patience and faith in the FO with finding another starter? What happened to your wait and see attitude?

Edited by Calvert28

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Oh no I remember you saying you would have resigned Jones. I also remember with us letting both JOnes and Quinn go that people are freaking out and getting angry over nothing because we haven't seen what the FO planned to do about it which so far has not been much besides a rookie and some yesteryear players filling the void. 

Yea you seemed so easy going with the whole thing, but that's the thing. Where's your easy going attitude with Dak then? We lost two cornerstone position players and you basically shrug your shoulders but now it's Dak and you are hitting all the red buttons and bashing people for not doing the same.

So I ask again where's your patience and faith in the FO with finding another starter?

I know you are trying *REALLY* hard here, but I won't talk about Dak anymore in this thread. Tag me in the other thread if you want to continue the convo. There has been enough hijacking. 

10 hours ago, quiller said:

I just wish we would hear a yes or no on Gregory.  With reduced OTA’s. The sooner the staff knows who’s available the better.  I have more faith Gregory can be a major contributor then Aldon Smith right now.  I also am praying adding some real talent in the middle of our DL is gonna help our LB’s return to 2018 level 

Yeah...I was surprised we heard something on Smith before Gregory. Although...has RG even applied for reinstatement yet? I thought he had but can't remember.