News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

We shall agree to disagree and we should just leave it at that. I respect your opinion on the matter, even though I think it's a bad precedent to set, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Just now saw this. Sorry. You're right, agree to disagree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Salute to a class act and genius. I’d wish him good luck, but he clearly doesn’t need it. Man graduated in less than four years with a computer science degree while being a full-time starter for a D1 college football program. I can’t even imagine. It sucks to lose him, but you can’t help but his respect his decision and especially his reason for it- that he knew he’d never again reach his own personal standards and wanted to move on to other walks of life where he could.

Tyron may be one of the most impressive specimens to play in the NFL, and Martin may be the guy who pushed our OL over the top, but one could easily argue that Fredbeard was the most transformative player on the OL for Dallas. The immediate stability he provided at C helped take us from a laughable OL in 2012 to a pretty good one in 2013. He made everyone’s jobs easier, there’s no doubt about it. 

Once more, cheers to one of the greatest players to don the star in my relatively short time as a fan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yet another one of my favorite Cowboys to retire without a ring. This sucks. 

On a positive note...wonder if they don't try and work that extra $7MM into a deal for Clowney or Griffen?

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

On a positive note...wonder if they don't try and work that extra $7MM into a deal for Clowney or Griffen?

People need to put the Clowney stuff to bed. He wants WAY too much money compared to what his production has been. He was offered contracts which were already substantially higher than what's reasonable, and he turned all of them down. I can only imagine how p!ssed we'd be if we overpay for him and then watch him underperform like he has. No thanks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

People need to put the Clowney stuff to bed. He wants WAY too much money compared to what his production has been. He was offered contracts which were already substantially higher than what's reasonable, and he turned all of them down. I can only imagine how p!ssed we'd be if we overpay for him and then watch him underperform like he has. No thanks.

That's fair. It's just I'd feel a tad better adding him right now to go with Smith/Gregory. Obviously, Griffen is my preferred target. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

That's fair. It's just I'd feel a tad better adding him right now to go with Smith/Gregory. Obviously, Griffen is my preferred target. 

For $7M per year? Sure. But he's turning down contracts offering $17M+.

13 hours ago, D82 said:

Would love to see him come back as a coach.  Coach up Biadasz and McGovern 

17 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Salute to a class act and genius. I’d wish him good luck, but he clearly doesn’t need it. Man graduated in less than four years with a computer science degree while being a full-time starter for a D1 college football program. I can’t even imagine. It sucks to lose him, but you can’t help but his respect his decision and especially his reason for it- that he knew he’d never again reach his own personal standards and wanted to move on to other walks of life where he could.

Tyron may be one of the most impressive specimens to play in the NFL, and Martin may be the guy who pushed our OL over the top, but one could easily argue that Fredbeard was the most transformative player on the OL for Dallas. The immediate stability he provided at C helped take us from a laughable OL in 2012 to a pretty good one in 2013. He made everyone’s jobs easier, there’s no doubt about it. 

Once more, cheers to one of the greatest players to don the star in my relatively short time as a fan.

Well said

45 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/roger-goodell-nfl-admits-we-were-wrong-on-player-protests-black-lives-matter-224540686.html

Hey Goodell, you arrogant pr!ck, GFY. You had your chance to acknowledge this issue years ago. Instead, you and the rest of the league chose white privilege and to blackball players. 

People and organizations have the right to change, adapt and grow. Telling him to go f himself seems counter productive. Should be encouraged that he finally got on board. 

• Like 1