News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

People and organizations have the right to change, adapt and grow. Telling him to go f himself seems counter productive. Should be encouraged that he finally got on board. 

I don't agree with any of this outside of the peaceful protesting.

But Goodell is just doing this to stay ahead of the curb and pander. I doubt he really cares. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't agree with any of this outside of the peaceful protesting.

But Goodell is just doing this to stay ahead of the curb and pander. I doubt he really cares. 

Dont agree with any of what? 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont agree with any of what? 

Most of it. I can't get into specific details cause I just know that will explode. But I don't agree with marching with BLM I agree with marching against biased police and brutality. I don't think that group was started from a good place nor do I think they are led by good people, nor do I think  the upper group leaders actually believe what their preaching. 

Edited by Calvert28

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

People and organizations have the right to change, adapt and grow. Telling him to go f himself seems counter productive. Should be encouraged that he finally got on board. 

If he’s sincere, and change actually comes, then I give him a lot of props.

43 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

My simple solution is... everyone stands for the national anthem … when it is over everyone can lock arms/kneel whatever in solidarity... how the F can anyone complain now ???

Oversimplification for $500

• Like 1

16 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

My simple solution is... everyone stands for the national anthem … when it is over everyone can lock arms/kneel whatever in solidarity... how the F can anyone complain now ???

Because the purpose of the kneel is to protest based on their terms, not yours. Using it in that situation has a specific purpose and sends a very specific message. Remember, it’s not about the anthem or the flag. It never has been, and never will be.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Because the purpose of the kneel is to protest based on their terms, not yours. Using it in that situation has a specific purpose and sends a very specific message. Remember, it’s not about the anthem or the flag. It never has been, and never will be.

For some people. many actually, there is never a reason to kneel during the anthem. Many believe the Flag comes first and always.. Of course you guys know best.. 

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

While I understand the purpose count me in line with those that feel it disrespects a class of people that have done as much or more for our personal freedoms. And yes protesting on “their” terms over “ours” is a good argument but it spits in the face of veterans who fought and gave their lives for the flag.  It also is a shame that some people - make that a lot use these protests to promote their own level of violence that most of the time actually hurts More the people the protests are trying to help.   

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, Calvert28 said:

Most of it. I can't get into specific details cause I just know that will explode. But I don't agree with marching with BLM I agree with marching against biased police and brutality. I don't think that group was started from a good place nor do I think they are led by good people, nor do I think  the upper group leaders actually believe what their preaching. 

86 people shot in Chicago last weekend. 25 dead. In a weekend!!!! Many of them African American. 

Can anybody name one of them? Just one? I had to look them up. Nothing written about this.

As much as I agree with the call to end police brutality, and believe me, I agree with it! I do take offense to terms like "white privlidge" and " white supremacy." The latter conjures up images if Nazi's and Hitler.  Now I know things are bad, but DAMN! 

And as for the former, look, I graduated Southern HS in Philly. I worked in a restaurant while also trying to earn a record deal in a band for 10 years. I was broke, living in a 1 room rattle, eating leftovers from work.

I got wise at 28 and went back to school. It took 3 years to graduate a 2 year community college because I had to pay for everything myself.

It was the same at Temple and Rowan.

Point is, I worked my *** off, sacrificed, starved and clawed to get to a respectable place in life.

No one gave it to me and I sure as hell was not from privilege.

And today, I spend a great deal of time working with children of all ethnicities and also teenagers. I share my experiences to show them, you can make it, you can be successful.

So I think BLM's heart is in the right place, but if they do not recognize what's happening to African Americans in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia etc, by there own ethnicity, then all of this noise falls short of the very point they are trying to make.

• Like 3