News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I was thinking.. why not have fans come with necessary things like gloves and masks, sell only tickets where no one sits with 6-10 ft of each other. Wouldn't be a sell out but clearly better than none. everyone walks out with good social distancing. That plus TV is still far better than nothing IMO..

OK don't shoot me now..:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Too difficult to enforce.

Interesting idea. But also how do you determine which season tickets holders get to go?...do you do a lottery?...first come first serve?

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Interesting idea. But also how do you determine which season tickets holders get to go?...do you do a lottery?...first come first serve?

Some sort of mathematical system could work out such as seats 5-10-15-20 get to go, the following week it would be 6 11 16 21 or something along those lines

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Too difficult to enforce.

Not saying anything would be easy but to me a simple idea would be to have a security guard for a certain number section , and he is in charge of making sure everyone has their masks on and everyone has enough social distancing, anyone who does not comply gets kicked out.

Edited by resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not saying anything would be easy but to me a simple idea would be to have a security guard for a certain number section , and he is in charge of making sure everyone has their masks on and everyone has enough social distancing, anyone who does not comply gets kicked out.

That sounds simple enough. Getting everyone into single-file lines 6-10 feet apart just to enter the stadium, doesn't. Plus, pat downs, checking tickets, bathrooms... you can't get everyone to properly socially distance at a NFL game, you just can't

And the idea of a lottery for placing season ticket holders at variable distances from the field, with few if any entitled to their boxes... lol

14 hours ago, matt79511 said:

That sounds simple enough. Getting everyone into single-file lines 6-10 feet apart just to enter the stadium, doesn't. Plus, pat downs, checking tickets, bathrooms... you can't get everyone to properly socially distance at a NFL game, you just can't

And the idea of a lottery for placing season ticket holders at variable distances from the field, with few if any entitled to their boxes... lol

Plus, the atmosphere with that few people in an NFL stadium would suck

Better watch the game at home, maybe pump in some fake crowd noise so it doesn't sound like its a closed practice

15 hours ago, matt79511 said:

There are always some that will F that up, but for the better part I have a bit more faith that MOST people would follow. No more Pat downs just the typical metal scanning machines should do..

Season ticket holders will be refunded and games are to be a game by game basis for now..

Better to have some fans and a season than a completely empty stadium..

Edited by resilient part 2

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

Everybody flips out when we let Jones go, but seem pretty ok with trying to find a legit starting QB in the draft and letting Dak go...¬¬

Well I bet Herbert, Tua and such can make use of this talent we have on offense and it won't cost us 35 million to see him do it. And we could resign our other guys next year pretty easy with that. 

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well I bet Herbert, Tua and such can make use of this talent we have on offense and it won't cost us 35 million to see him do it. And we could resign our other guys next year pretty easy with that. 

If that was the case I rather have traded Dak at the beginning of the offseason so we would have more cap to play with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If that was the case I rather have traded Dak at the beginning of the offseason so we would have more cap to play with.

Nah trade him now. His value is at a premium right now.

I wonder if that's what Stephen is trying to do.