Sign in to follow this  
Scalamania

Scalamania mock offseason v1

First mock off-season of the year - think I got ever right. If I missed something or screwed something up let me know. Rip away boys!

Free Agents Player (19)
Ronald Darby, CB
Craig James, CB
Vinny Curry, DE
Timmy Jernigan, DT
Hassan Ridgeway, DT
Rodney McLeod, FS
Halapoulivaati Vaitai, G
Jason Peters, LT
Nigel Bradham, OLB
Kamu Grugier-Hill, OLB
Cameron Johnston, P
Nate Sudfeld, QB
Josh McCown, QB
Darren Sproles, RB
Jordan Howard, RB
Corey Clement, RB
Jalen Mills, S
Richard Rodgers, TE
Nelson Agholor, WR

Resigned (5)
Timmy Jerningan, DT // 1 year, 2M
Cameron Johnston, P
Jordan Howard, RB // 1 year, 1M
Vinny Curry, EDGE // 1 year, 2M
Nate Sudfeld, QB // 2 year, 3M

Pre Free Agency Moves (4)
Darren Sproles, RB (retired)
Jason Peters, OT (retired)
Nigel Bradham, LB (cut)
Malcom Jenkins, S // 3 years, 33M (resigned)

2020 Free Agency (8)
Demarcus Robinson, WR // 2 years, 5M
Travis Benjamin, WR // 1 year, MIN
Greg Robinson, OT // 1 year, MIN
Patrick Onwuasor, ILB, 3 years, 15M
Jatavis Brown, LB / /1 year, MIN
Trae Waynes, CB // 3 years, 24M
PJ Williams, CB // 2 years, 4M
Adrian Phillips, S // 2 years, 5M

Pre-draft trades
The Philadelphia Eagles trade WR Alshon Jeffery and 4.117 to the Buffalo Bills for DB Jaquan Johnson and 6.188.

2020 NFL Draft

The Philadelphia Eagles trades 1.21 (Yetur Gross-Matos) and 5.149 to the Miami Dolphins for 1.26 (from Houston) & 3.70

1.26 (from Miami) // Jalen Reagor, WR, Texas Christian University
2.53 // Ashtyn Davis, S, California
3.70 (from Miami) // Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia 
3.85 // Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
3.comp // Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
4.comp // Hakeem Adeniji, OL, Kansas
4.comp // Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 
5.151 (from New England) Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State
6.171 (from Atlanta) Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
6.188 (from Bufflo, Baltimore) Charlie Taumoepeau, TE, Portland State

28 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Jordan Howard, RB // 1 year, 1M

Seems realistic besides this. I'd be shocked if Howard got less than an AAV of $3M

I'm guessing wherever he signs it's in the ballpark of 3 years 13 Million

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Seems realistic besides this. I'd be shocked if Howard got less than an AAV of $3M

I'm guessing wherever he signs it's in the ballpark of 3 years 13 Million

I had trouble with this one. Nobody wanted him when he was on the block from Chicago and his injury towards the end of the year may scare some teams away. I think he's likely to get a 1 year deal as opposed to something long term but I understand the point. 

Lots of new names in FA/Draft 

Free agency: B 

I like the approach signing guys for depth to prove it deals

I wonder what do you have for depth I wasn't sure if Onwuasor is replacing Gerry or Bradham. He's played both but I think he's more effective as a WLB type. 

Not a Waynes fan, he played better this past year but teams only went away from him because how quickly Rhodes fell off a cliff. 

I personally don't think a Jeffrey trade is doable, and that trade even though we're giving him away, I would rather hold onto him. If the rumor is true that he was talking about Carson, so what. You could justify Carson started to play better because of it. 

Draft: C+  

I like bits and pieces 

Reagor is ehhh I get it. I'm not as high on him as others. I like Elliot and TJ...I'm ok with Hurts and I think Samuels is going to surprise a team he plays on. 

Solid and realistic 

Feel like taking that trade with Miami potentially would lose us Reagor IRL, but I think the additional move of dumping Alshon to the Bulls helps maybe push some WRs down. Reagor just seems like such a Patriots or Saints pick. 

Like taking a shot at Hurts with all of our extra picks. And not wasting it on another talentless prospect like Thorson.

I don’t think Timmy & Vinny will be back,  can see Vinny a little more if he gets boring on the open market. He’d take a discount to stay.

15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Free agency: B 

I like the approach signing guys for depth to prove it deals

I wonder what do you have for depth I wasn't sure if Onwuasor is replacing Gerry or Bradham. He's played both but I think he's more effective as a WLB type. 

Not a Waynes fan, he played better this past year but teams only went away from him because how quickly Rhodes fell off a cliff. 

I have Onwuasor replacing Bradham - I feel like for the system we run he's the best replacement for Bradham at a decent price. 

Also, not a Waynes fan but I feel like we need to make an impact signing at CB and it came down to him and CHJ for me. I took Waynes because he's younger, more athletic and still has some potential I feel. 

17 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Draft: C+  

I like bits and pieces 

Reagor is ehhh I get it. I'm not as high on him as others. I like Elliot and TJ...I'm ok with Hurts and I think Samuels is going to surprise a team he plays on. 

Appreciate the feedback. 

I'd rather keep ridgeway than timmy. Ridgeway looked better and can probably be had for a similar price. 

Im not so sure we will go after a bunch of random adds over 1 or two bigger gets. I imagine the team thinks they are going for a superbowl still. 

So many similar WR's who are just sort of speed guys, Benjamin, DJax, Reagor.....I'd like to see some different types of receivers. If you want to target Reagor in the draft maybe go after Perriman or someone like that in FA.

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'd rather keep ridgeway than timmy. Ridgeway looked better and can probably be had for a similar price. 

Fair point and can't disagree

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Im not so sure we will go after a bunch of random adds over 1 or two bigger gets. I imagine the team thinks they are going for a superbowl still. 

This team has a lot of holes IMO - need a few WRs, a few LBs, a backup QB, a few secondary pieces and a swing OL.

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So many similar WR's who are just sort of speed guys, Benjamin, DJax, Reagor.....I'd like to see some different types of receivers. If you want to target Reagor in the draft maybe go after Perriman or someone like that in FA.

I think Robinson is a different WR and I think Tyler Johnson is also a different type of receiver. That gives us some balance between DJax, Reager, TB and Robinson, JJAW (smh), Ward and Johnson.

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think Robinson is a different WR and I think Tyler Johnson is also a different type of receiver. That gives us some balance between DJax, Reager, TB and Robinson, JJAW (smh), Ward and Johnson.

I like Tyler Johnson as a strong slot player to compete with Greg Ward on the inside. But it seems like besides JJAW, that there is a lot of similar smaller speed guys on the outside. If the Eagles were to get rid of Alshon (which I'd be all for). That looking to get a bigger redzone WR in Free Agency should be in the cards. I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the season relying on just JJAW for that role

We only need 1 LB really.

Safety is a bigger need in Schwartz scheme at the moment than LB, but nobody's talking about it really.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Safety is a bigger need in Schwartz scheme at the moment than LB, but nobody's talking about it really.

If Bradham is gone then they need 2 because I don’t trust anyone on in the roster after that to be more than a part time contributer 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I do have us signing a starting caliber safety and drafting one in the second round, so it's a priority for me. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Bradham is gone then they need 2 because I don’t trust anyone on in the roster after that to be more than a part time contributer 

Agreed - I feel like the other backers on this team aren't even NFL caliber players. Scrap em all and start over. 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We only need 1 full time guy and then just decent rotational guys to put around him.