Eric Weddle announces his retirement

RaidersAreOne

He had a bad year, but I do think his presence helped accelerate the progression of Taylor Rapp - he looks like a stud! 

We have John Johnson coming back, so those two will eat up the majority of the snaps - I like how it helps with our cap issues and that it doesn't weaken us. I'll not knock the guy though, clearly one of the good guys in the game! 

• Like 3

Yeah...remember when the Bears really needed a safety so Jerry Angelo traded the pick that became Eric Weddle to the Chargers? He got a couple picks back, though. Used them on a guy who had a popular YouTube video and a receiver that barely ever played. For anybody.

Good times. Good times...

• Like 4

On 2/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, DerbyRam said:

He had a bad year, but I do think his presence helped accelerate the progression of Taylor Rapp - he looks like a stud! 

We have John Johnson coming back, so those two will eat up the majority of the snaps - I like how it helps with our cap issues and that it doesn't weaken us. I'll not knock the guy though, clearly one of the good guys in the game! 

Agreed. He also really assisted in the progression of one Chuck Clark, who has been a stud for the Ravens. Weddle was a big part in assisting his development and aiding his study habits. He was his mentor. I’m hoping Weddle comes back to Baltimore to join our staff as a coach of some sort. He loved it here and we loved him here as a mentor to the young players.