Eric Weddle announces his retirement

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Weddle, who signed with the Ravens near the end of his career for a 4 year contract and was cut after 3, decided to retire in Baltimore and declared "I'm a Raven". This organization is clearly doing something very right in how they treat their players and I love it.

Well in comparison to the Chargers organization. That’s a pretty low bar btw. 

On 2/8/2020 at 5:37 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

How would you know this?  

Literally by looking at every players profile and comparing to their accolades listed by the HoF site. The closest I can find to relevant of 2nd Team All-Pro is if they were considered half an All-Pro and so making it twice "added' an additional All-Pro consideration to a few player's profiles on the HoF site.

You made a claim with absolutely no basis to it and then tried to question my retort...

Edited by BlaqOptic

15 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Literally by looking at every players profile and comparing to their accolades listed by the HoF site. The closest I can find to relevant of 2nd Team All-Pro is if they were considered half an All-Pro and so making it twice "added' an additional All-Pro consideration to a few player's profiles on the HoF site.

You made a claim with absolutely no basis to it and then tried to question my retort...

Dude, a lot of players already in the Hall of Fame never even made it to an All Pro team.  

But, most of those players played in an era when All Pro team selections weren't weighed like they are now.  

On 2/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, wackywabbit said:

Weddle, who signed with the Ravens near the end of his career for a 4 year contract and was cut after 3, decided to retire in Baltimore and declared "I'm a Raven". This organization is clearly doing something very right in how they treat their players and I love it.

I mean, he left the Chargers. Who was the last guy that actually made an effort to keep in touch with that organization? Seems like even Seau was only too happy to get to New England. I don't think Tomlinson hangs around there too much. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, he left the Chargers. Who was the last guy that actually made an effort to keep in touch with that organization? Seems like even Seau was only too happy to get to New England. I don't think Tomlinson hangs around there too much. 

Seau retired a Charger twice. Or graduated according to him. LT did as well and currently works for the organization. People exaggerate player issues with the Chargers too much. Weddle would still be a Charger after 2015 if he hadn't made his contract grievances public. Though I feel like he was already in decline during his last season with us.

Just now, Xenos said:

Seau retired a Charger twice. Or graduated according to him. LT did as well and currently works for the organization. People exaggerate player issues with the Chargers too much. Weddle would still be a Charger after 2015 if he hadn't made his contract grievances public. Though I feel like he was already in decline during his last season with us.

Fair enough, though I seem to remember there was something about watching his daughter perform at half time that really set him off. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fair enough, though I seem to remember there was something about watching his daughter perform at half time that really set him off. 

There were others who had their daughters perform at halftime (like Mike Scrifes) who were able to watch them without being fined. It's because they asked beforehand. Weddle just up and left without notifying anyone. He was being a prima donna during his last year with the Chargers. And you could see it in his play. Tackles that he would routinely make, he would instead try to save himself from being injured.