Is Brock Osweiler the best QB for the Browns right now?

NudeTayne

Compensation  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What would it take?

• 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd
    • 2022 1st
    • 2021 2nd
    • 2020 2nd plus pay $8 mil of $17.25 mil due this season
    • 2022 1st plus pay $5 mil of $17.25 mil due this year
    • 2022 1st, 2020 3rd plus pay $5 mil of $17.25 mil due this year
    • Not interested.

The Brock trade was incredible for several reasons.  This is a different situation.  Back then we had the salary cap to burn and were in rebuild mode.  We got good draft compensation to take on the dead cap.

In addition we had absolutely nothing at the QB position and brought in a player with starting experience that had shown flashes of brilliance as well as flashes of horrible play.  He was worth a shot competing for the job, and he did just that.

The situation now, we do not have cap to burn.  We have major talent that will need to be resigned.

We also have talent at the position so we don’t need to bring in the player.  Especially if Hunt is retained, which I believe that he will be.

Edited by DizzyDean

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

The Brock trade was incredible for several reasons.  This is a different situation.  Back then we had the salary cap to burn and were in rebuild mode.  We got good draft compensation to take on the dead cap.

In addition we had absolutely nothing at the QB position and brought in a player with starting experience that had shown flashes of brilliance as well as flashes of horrible play.  He was worth a shot competing for the job, and he did just that.

The situation now, we do not have cap to burn.  We have major talent that will need to be resigned.

We also have talent at the position so we don’t need to bring in the player.  Especially if Hunt is retained, which I believe that he will be.

Osweiler was never good. Stopped clock is right twice a day

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Osweiler was never good. Stopped clock is right twice a day

Who said he was good?  I said we had nothing at QB at the time and he deserved a chance to compete for the job.  He had shown flashes, that is easy to see and can still be found on old you tube videos.  Good flashes and bad.

no one said that he was good.

31 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Who said he was good?  I said we had nothing at QB at the time and he deserved a chance to compete for the job.  He had shown flashes, that is easy to see and can still be found on old you tube videos.  Good flashes and bad.

no one said that he was good.

I mean, they rellaced him with wheel chair manning.

When they replace you with an invalid in the nfl, your prospects aint hot.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I mean, they rellaced him with wheel chair manning.

When they replace you with an invalid in the nfl, your prospects aint hot.

Wheel chair manning won a ring while there.  How many championships do we have here?

being replaced with one of the all time greats with multiple rings on his fingers is not shameful.

That said, the point is still sailing approximately 50 miles over your head.  No one said he was good.  I said we had nothing at qb that year and that he deserved to complete for the job, he did complete for the job.  How exactly are you getting anyone saying that he was good from that.  Does anyone have an affiliate link for hooked on phonics?

Edited by DizzyDean

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Wheel chair manning won a ring while there.  How many championships do we have here?

being replaced with one of the all time greats with multiple rings on his fingers is not shameful.

That said, the point is still sailing approximately 50 miles over your head.  No one said he was good.  I said we had nothing at qb that year and that he deserved to complete for the job, he did complete for the job.  How exactly are you getting anyone saying that he was good from that.  Does anyone have an affiliate link for hooked on phonics.

This is probably the best deal. It's $1 to try and you can cancel if it's not the program for you:

https://subscriptions.hookedonphonics.com/combo/1-month-1f/?vc=HPB1&pc=SHPBBR&msclkid=1a08ae5bd8ca1c06923ef066880bd81b

Let me know if you need any other affiliate links. I'm pretty good at looking them up and can try to link them here. 

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Currently the Browns have the 12th highest payroll in the NFL. Due to cap carryover we have more space than most teams but we aren't where we were cap-wise when we made the Osweiler deal and I don't think it will be considered this time around.

Yeah I don’t think we’re gonna be spending a ton at all tbh.

Scrap some crap deals, sign a mid level FA or two and try to build via the draft.

Our cap space is largely carryover.

19 hours ago, DawgX said:

Rams very well could end up being in cap hell soon with the contracts of Goff, Gurley, Donald and soon Ramsey. Not to mention they'll need to extend guys like Kupp.

Add in cooks 17 million less than 800 yarrds. 

Cant cut him without a cap hit the length of the contract. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Currently the Browns have the 12th highest payroll in the NFL. Due to cap carryover we have more space than most teams but we aren't where we were cap-wise when we made the Osweiler deal and I don't think it will be considered this time around.

But unlike last time, we have some mega deals looming just around the corner.

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This is probably the best deal. It's $1 to try and you can cancel if it's not the program for you:

https://subscriptions.hookedonphonics.com/combo/1-month-1f/?vc=HPB1&pc=SHPBBR&msclkid=1a08ae5bd8ca1c06923ef066880bd81b

Let me know if you need any other affiliate links. I'm pretty good at looking them up and can try to link them here. 

It was a rhetorical question but here ya go kiwi!