Eagles 2020 Coaching Staff Changes

Kiltman

Ask Ravens fans how they liked MM.

Here's a hint: they didn't.

Neither did the majority of Eagles fans when he was here the first time.

Could it be different? Maybe but I'm just basing my reaction on past experience. I don't care what stats say about his tenure, I watched the games and it was obvious that he sucked.

3 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Could it be different? Maybe but I'm just basing my reaction on past experience. I don't care what stats say about his tenure, I watched the games and it was obvious that he sucked.

he's a consultant he might not even be there on sundays. 

3 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Actually, the Ravens tried to keep him; it was Mornhinweg who decided to move on.  He had some inkling toward retirement, which is probably why he’s a consultant with the Eagles rather than an OC

2 hours ago, TDTimes said:

Actually, the Ravens tried to keep him; it was Mornhinweg who decided to move on.  He had some inkling toward retirement, which is probably why he’s a consultant with the Eagles rather than an OC

Yeah, I said ask the fans lol.

They offered him a role similar to the one we gave him, not a playcalling role.

2 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Yeah, I said ask the fans lol.

They offered him a role similar to the one we gave him, not a playcalling role.

Why would I bother to ask fans when I can get a quote from the head coach and GM who hired him?

The Eagles have fans who think Mills and Agholor are useful players

11 hours ago, Danger said:
On 3/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Dude his nickname was literally Marty Moronweg.

God that sounds like a Nabbs special.

Get it right it was Marty the Moron! No my opinion of him hasn't changed! Can't think of a single Coach I've despised more?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

Why would I bother to ask fans when I can get a quote from the head coach and GM who hired him?

The Eagles have fans who think Mills and Agholor are useful players

Doesn't matter who you quote, they didn't want him calling plays. Neither do I, neither does Doug.

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Kinda weird how much I'm having to defend my take here.

I thought for sure most people would feel the same way about this.

If he was brought in as the savior #2 guy, I think people are much more unsure about it. 

as it stands now you have Scags as dougs #2, with Press (Passing) and Stout (Running) coordinating and contributing to their parts of the gameplan + doing their positions. Breiner is probably analyzing what worked well against opponents for the gameplan, what we do well with and what we need to Better on, as well as doing all that within game too. Duce is handling work load and rotating RBs. Rest of the guys do their small tasks. Seems like Marty is just gonna contribute here and there. His biggest contributions will be before week 1 when he can help coach up the passing game and help develop a new version of the playbook. He likely helps out coaching QBs preseason too.

its a position that isn’t very big, so it doesn’t really deserve much of a reaction imo. He can help.

Now this portion of the article on PE.Com actually makes sense. 

I think from that standpoint it helps from an ideas perspective - how they used Lamar, what they were doing with their tight ends. The run game is a little different and unique than what ours is," Pederson said. "From that standpoint, having that information and knowing that structure can enhance what we're doing by bringing an idea or two from that system

• Like 1