Post Game: Garrett calls out Dak - #4 is special

WizardHawk

For one, Dak has been terrible in these two games, and he was horrific yesterday, but he also had hardly any time to throw the ball. That was by far the worst game I've ever seen this line play and with that and Tyron Smith's repeated penalties, I'm starting to worry about our line as a whole. It also seems like Frederick has been getting dominated so far. We have played two elite defenses, but that's no excuse when you supposedly have the best offensive line of the past decade or so.

But as for this, JG needs to stfu. He's ridiculously lucky to have a job in the NFL and there's really no reason he should still be the coach of this team.

Something small that has annoyed me was in the first quarter when we had about a 58 or so yard FG possibility and we elected to punt, only to watch Bailey perfectly nail a 56 yarder later. When you have arguably the best kicker in the NFL - certainly the most accurate, you never punt away a 58 yarder. Just one of many horrific coaching calls in JG's tenure here.

Another is discipline. They brought up the whole "Zeke quit on the team" thing this morning, and yes Zeke did quit on his teammates. What they said is that Linehan should show the clip of Zeke just watching the interception getting ran back to the entire team and call him out for it. Instead, they'll probably show it and blast the team instead of Zeke just himself, and say it's a team issue instead of Zeke owning up to it.

We lost yesterday due to several factors. 1) Denver is just clearly a better team. 2) The "best" offensive line in the NFL played like the worst offensive line in the NFL. 3) Playcalling 4) Some of the worst tackling and secondary coverage you will ever see (by the way how much of a wasted pick is Byron Jones looking like right now?), but coaching, starting at the top, is a huge issue.

For a positive note, hardly any team is going to walk into Denver and win. I think we'll bounce back vs. Arizona, but I'm nervous that teams are just going to stack the box and make Dak beat them now.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1053-the-fan   <<< Listen now

EDIT: 

- Will address entire team...all 3 phases.

- Weren't able control the game. Thanks for hot tip coach. lol

Didn't say anything placing blame on Dak or close to it.  

- Zeke's effort on pick... "those things happen sometimes" ... "obviously want to get guy to ground".  Will address it with entire team. 

- Will look at film this week and go from there. 

- Lots of coach speak.  

And now I'm looking back at comments. Just as I thought. No those thing don't just happen sometimes, and if they do, then the head coach rips into that player no matter how good he is. JG will make it a team thing instead of blasting Zeke I think.

I do not see Dak having had that bad of a game this week or last. Observe the field and stats in context.

Dak was forced to throw 50 times. That, regardless of the QB, often means a losing effort. Winning teams playing well dont usually need to throw 50 times. Moreover, in the second half, a lot of routes went flat and there was no separation. Compounding this is the lack of production on the ground, which forces too many third and long situations - terrible situation for almost any passer, let alone a second year guy.

Worse still was the atrocious playcalling sending routes into the heart of zone coverage. There was no adjustments and we continually kept beating our heads into a wall repeating the same concepts that were making the team lose to begin with.

He missed a few passes, high and low. Usually under pressure. And he had to continually force bad plays into coverage because ofnthe routes, playcall, and score (having to force things comes with being down and needing to make something happen). But overall -

He was quite on the money on several key throws.

When the protection allowed, he hung onto the ball long enough for receivers to find their open area. 

He made crucial protection and play adjustments. 

His worst throw, that pick in the endzone, was a TERRIBLE route and TERRIBLE effort by a receiver we expect better from. You cannot sit in a zone and wait for a ball. Especially not in the end zone. You need to go and get that and helpnyour QB. The end zone is very confining, and sitting lax in a zone in thatnend zone is a great way to help the other team catch your pass.

He didnt play great. But just like with Romo, majority of you will lookpast the X's, ignore the O's, remain blind to the contexts, and place a blame squarely on the guy who the TV camera fixates upon. And no im not excusing poor play. But the whole team was awful. Dak and Witten may have been the only two members of the Cowboys, coaches included, who had any semblance of a non-terrible game. To call Daks play garbage ignores 21 other players and completely negates the situation he was forced to play in and is, frankly, wrong. 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1053-the-fan   <<< Listen now

EDIT: 

- Will address entire team...all 3 phases.

- Weren't able control the game. Thanks for hot tip coach. lol

Didn't say anything placing blame on Dak or close to it.  

- Zeke's effort on pick... "those things happen sometimes" ... "obviously want to get guy to ground".  Will address it with entire team. 

- Will look at film this week and go from there. 

- Lots of coach speak.  

Yep, who ever came up with this shouldn't be listened too, or taken seriously anymore. They are reporters and are supposed to be credible.

@Dallas94Ware I need to look at the play again. Grant it, Dez disrupted a couple for potential picks fro Dak and actually caused one in return when he let one pass go right thru his hands. I thought Dak's pass into the EZ, on the pick six, was thrown way to far inside. It didn't look like Dez had any time to react to it. As soon as he turned around the ball was already well on it's way, off target.

Jason Garrett said he will have a discussion with Ezekiel Elliott's effort on covering two interceptions in Sunday's loss to Denver. Garrett has yet to speak with Elliott but he was disappointed. "That's not the way we play," Garrett said.

Per Archer. This is more along the lines of what I'd wanted to see. 

Blame isn't solely on the passing game. Sure Dak was off target some, but damn if he wasn't at least trying! Zeke pissed me off, I'd bench his *** a quarter or 2 for not goin after the Int's. 

oline was atrocious, secondary decimated with injuries, front 7 forgot how to tackle, dropped passes oh just to name a few. 

Archived