Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gibster16226

Mock drafts !!!!

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I like Cain for the deep role. Martavius Bryant and Sammie Coates showed that with the right guys around you (and throwing you the football) you do not have to be a very good receiver to be the long guy. 

I would really like to stay away from WR in the draft this year, despite the draft depth at the position. I would like to take a look at a Philip Dorsett in FA if the price is right. Let him come in, be your 4/5 and just be a difference maker with his speed. Brings something to the table our current lot doesn't have. 

1a) JuJu
1b) Johnson
3) Washington
4) Dorsett
5) Cain
6) Holton (strictly gunner)

I could live with a 6 like that and use the draft resources elsewhere. If you tell me Cain can be a gunner, eliminate Holton and just give me 5. 

I like the idea of Dorsett.  He would fit the role. It would be hard to pass up a player like WR Justin Jefferson if he fell to #49 (especially if he is the BPA).  Not a huge Holton fan, but I had higher expectations for what he actually produced on the field. Maybe it was QB and maybe some was him too. 

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have no faith in Holton regardless of who the QB is. He had passes hit him directly in the hands in stride and doinked right off. Dude is a gunner and that's it. 

Yeah, I agree.  If I can get someone who can do two things (gunner and receiver/gunner and DB) then he is gone. I thought he could be an effective deep threat. Great point about some of the balls that bounced off of him. He owns that. I think Darboh and Cain would replace him as a deep threat. Gunner maybe Cain. 

 
 
 
 
22 hours ago, cjfollett said:

I don't see how anyone can suggest that RB is not a need for the Steelers. They have one proven guy, who happens to get hurt a lot in Conner. Then, they have a lot of "potential" guys (1-3 question marks):

Kerrith Whyte ??
Ralph Webb ???
Benny Snell Jr.?
Jaylen Samuels ??
Darrin Hall ???
Trey Edmunds ??

I'm sorry, but not one of these guys is giving any other team's DC anything to worry about. If Conner gets hurt again, the Steelers are screwed. There will be 3 or 4 guys available at 2.49 who could come in and make an impact right away.

I was actually kidding Jebrick because I know where he stands on this. I have, however, somewhat softened my position of no RB.  I don't put it as high a need as IOL, Safety, OLB, or TE.  This is a year with some decent backs coming out and some depth at WR.  I would follow my board (BPA).  I have typically preferred the veteran back-up to rookie draft choice.  I typically like well-known vets to back-up the starter like Duece Staley, Eric Pegram, D'Angelo Williams, and Steven Ridley to name a few vets. We are cap-strapped so that may not be as likely an option. If there is a WR or TE at #49, then I would take them if they were the BPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, jebrick said:

I am not saying it might be a need but the Steelers will not give up on any of their draft choices.  I would be amazed if they drafted a RB.

Aside from Conner, I think only Snell was drafted. The rest are UDFA or pickups from other teams. Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Steeler Hitman: I don't know how to quote your post; it seems to be corrupted. Anyway, I think the Steelers have 5-7 competing needs at present, depending on what they do with their current roster. I don't see them bringing in any free agents of note, so they need to look to their limited draft picks. Which one is most important?  Time will tell.

TE: If they get rid of McDonald, then I see this as a top priority. I hope Gentry blossoms after a year in the program, but I have my doubts.

S: Davis is likely gone, and I am just not that high on Edmunds. Who else do they have?

CB: Burns did not pan out, and Haden is not getting any younger. This might be a need sooner than we think.

RB: As noted in previous post, we only have one "real" guy, and he is oft-injured. The hope is Snell gets a lot better, but it is a hope.

OLB: How much will they pay Bud Dupree, are they going to tag him, or will he walk for a better deal elsewhere? 

OL: Foster is likely gone, and Pouncey looks like his skills are eroding. The OL needs depth and future starters.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many high draft picks are going to do much better without a Oline worth a damm.  Conner has looked good but can't stay on the field.  I will say that he will not get another contract from the Steelers.  I really do not think they will give up on any of them until their rookie deals run out. All have looked good at various times.  None of them is a not getting it.  Snell is the only one that qualifies for the practice squad and I doubt they will move him down for a rookie.

If they do draft a RB like Taylor or Dobbins or Akers then my guess is Conner is in trouble.  I just doubt they would unless they are moving on from one of the picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Not many high draft picks are going to do much better without a Oline worth a damm.  Conner has looked good but can't stay on the field.  I will say that he will not get another contract from the Steelers.  I really do not think they will give up on any of them until their rookie deals run out. All have looked good at various times.  None of them is a not getting it.  Snell is the only one that qualifies for the practice squad and I doubt they will move him down for a rookie.

If they do draft a RB like Taylor or Dobbins or Akers then my guess is Conner is in trouble.  I just doubt they would unless they are moving on from one of the picks.

I get it. But the Steelers will have to see where they are come draft day. If Taylor is sitting there at 2.49, while a couple other guys they wanted are off the board, I just don't see how they can pass on him without another team offering a few picks to move up.

Still lots to shake out with their own free agency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I get it. But the Steelers will have to see where they are come draft day. If Taylor is sitting there at 2.49, while a couple other guys they wanted are off the board, I just don't see how they can pass on him without another team offering a few picks to move up.

Still lots to shake out with their own free agency.

All depends on who is there.  If they have Taylor ranked as a top 20 player on their board and he is there then yes they would/could take him.  I am guessing that they will undervalue most RBs and over value certain IDL and Oline.  Again, if they take one of the top 5 RBs then my guess is Conner is gone.  It would be a pure luxury pick with no real need on the roster for depth or for a starter.  Yes Taylor would be better than any RB that they have currently but now you are pushing some serious needs down for a not need.  It would be fine if there were less holes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FA and what happens with a few of our guys will determine the draft.

Just like in years past, I’m assuming where Tomlin and Colbert show up for pro days and meeting their usual criteria of a Power 5 guy, on younger side etc etc will determine who their 2nd rd pick is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjfollett said:

CB: Burns did not pan out, and Haden is not getting any younger. This might be a need sooner than we think.

We have Sutton and Layne that can possibly fill in for the boundary spot. Plus we still have Haden and Nelson as our starters and Hilton in the slot. I think CB is one of the few positions that we have virtually no need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a tidbit, "multi accounters" that have been previously banned, have been banned yet again.

You're welcome :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft should be heavily on the offensive side.  IDL is the only need ( unless they do not retain Bud)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This draft should be heavily on the offensive side.  IDL is the only need ( unless they do not retain Bud)

I'd like to see us come away with 2 OL, a TE, a WR (Day 2-3), an IDL and maybe a flyer on an EDGE rusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We have Sutton and Layne that can possibly fill in for the boundary spot. Plus we still have Haden and Nelson as our starters and Hilton in the slot. I think CB is one of the few positions that we have virtually no need. 

I agree that the need is not immediate, but I think think Hilton is an UFA. Haden is not getting younger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...