Mock drafts !!!!

Gibster16226

I personally love the resigning of Davis... I have been on for this for a while... In my mock offseason I kept DIrty Red but let Davis go, but I think we can do it the other way better.

I would love to keep Dirty Red. If he gets a better deal and chance to play more, I think he may sign elsewhere. I am also a fan of Robert Spillane taking Red's special teams role. 

I would not commit money to Walton or Hooks.  Go with the young dudes.

I am down with all of these, including Alualu.  Yes, he was OK for Tuitt, but is expensive and irrelevant if everyone is back.  Gotta let Buggs on the field.  Adding a NG (or 2) makes this position too heavy, IMO.

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't easy letting Tyson go because he is a proven vet. He is 32 and the salary is big though.  If I could get him cheaper it would be great, but I don't think he takes a "discount."

I'm with @Dcash4 on this, I think $$ is too tight without addressing extensions and or resignings.  Maybe a Billings, but IDK we can get a Schobert.  I like the idea, but I need to get more into the $$ on it.  Especially with Davis coming back and the $$ with that, I just don't know if we can make it work.

You and Dcash4 are probably right on this one, but this is a player that I would look at early. Darron Lee may be a less expensive short term option as I think he is going to want to get paid as well. 

3rd Round Comp - - SS Kyle Dugger Lenoir-Rhyne - - Davis'  2021 replacement and possible competition for Edmonds spot if he does not take a step up in his game.  

If he is here, I am running to the podium.  I do not feel like that is going to happen, TBH.  I think he is long gone.  But, I do like the pick.

I am not sure where some of these players will go as they have players mocked all over the place.  I saw Tyler as a first-rounder a few weeks ago and now I have seen him as low as a fourth-rounder.  Dugger is good, but I am really not sure he will go in the first or second round. 

4th Round A - -  RB AJ Dillon Boston College - - Kinda hate the pick with Connor and Snell, but too good to pass up value-wise. I would have preferred a faster type of RB. He may well be competing with Snell for starting spot in 2021 if Connors goes down again. 

Sorry, totally against this pick.  Anything near a RB in this draft is a waste.  We need edge depth and DL depth MUCH more.  I'd rather take a WR falling than another RB.

I am really torn on this one. I can see arguments for a WR and a RB as well. It just depends on your thinking. I am comfortable with Ju Ju, Dionte, Washington, and Cain as the top four WR's. I am not as comfortable with Snell, Samuels, and Whyte behind Connor. Whyte fills a change of pace back role, Samuels seemed to regress (honestly may not have been his fault) and I am not sure that I would be comfortable with Snell should Connor go down long term. I also would like to take some carries from Connors to keep him fresher late in the season. This is the year of the WR and if the value was there, yes I may grab someone that I like. The value was there and a big back fell, so I took him. 

4th Round B - -   TE Coby Parkinson Stanford - - Not the typical type of Steelers TE, but he may provide some good red-zone targets and can improve and get stronger. 

Gotta get a TE, I just hope its better than him.  He is a more of a developmental guy, and we have enough of those.

I see Jessie James part two. Although I think he may develop into a better blocker. I don't think there is a TE in the entire draft that helps in 2020. I do like some other guys better, but not at the value in this draft scenario I did. 

6th Round - - Edge Alton Robinson Syracuse  -- My last few mocks I took the Edge from Florida. This kid is all over the draft boards too. He doesn't look like a great pass rusher, but he is a football player. With some coaching, I am counting on him improving his overall game at OLB. 

I like the idea, but not the pick.  Robinson is a streaky player, and has some red flags.

I don't know the entire deal with him, but I have seen him play several times.  I, unfortunately, don't have the time to watch film and scout like I used to. He looks like he has a motor and some tools to work with from the edge. I think he would be a good replacement for Chickello provided the "red flags" that you mentioned aren't character or off the field stuff. 

7th Round - - NG/DT Leki Fotu Utah - - I love the NG's.  No more Mt. McCullers who never showed me anything near what I thought he would be.  A strong, mean, and tough kid who will bring back the no run zone in Pittsburgh. Strictly NG2 and Goal line defense. Teams will no longer pound the ball against the Steelers run defense. Should be a steal value-wise here.  

I'm OK with this pick.  Billings on a one year deal and then he becomes the NG.

I see this somewhat differently.  I am tired of waiting for Mt.McCullers to do something. He takes his back-up role. I sign Billings to a four or five year deal. We need some beef in the trenches. I am not talking about giving Billings $10 million a year as a NG either. I think he fits the run stuffer role on first, some second downs and goal line/short yardage.  I think we need more than one run stuffer. 

😖
42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will try the Hitman style for getting a feel for the picks.  Then he can complain to me about the players available:D

38301877-origpic-bfb819.jpeg?v=146350304

Steelers Franchise Bud.  Keep McDonald.  Keep Hilton, Feiler, Banner and Hooks(ERFA)

If I list them they will not be there on the next pick.  Ask if you want to check on a player's availability.  Some positions are deeper than others and some are not.

Pick #49

OT Trey Adams(Wash), Saahdiq Charles LSU, Jack Driscoll Auburn

IOL Lloyd Cushenberry III LSU, Tyler Biadasz Wis, Nick Harris Wash

WR Justin Jefferson LSU, Tee Higgins Clemson, Tyler Johnson Minn

TE: Jared Pinkney Vandi, Cole Kmet ND, Adam Trautman Dayton

RB Antonio Gibson Memphis, Zack Moss Utah, Eno Benjamin Ari St

QB: Jordan Love Utah St, Jacob Eason Wash, Jalen Hurts Okl

EDGE Julian Okwara ND, Joshua Uche Mich, Curtis Weaver Boise St.

IDL: Ross Blacklock TCU, Justin Madubuike Texas A&M, Raekwon Davis Bama

LB:  Malik Harrison tOSU,

CB: Jaylon Johnson Utah, Noah Igbinoghene Auburn,

S: Ashtyn Davis Cal, Jeremy Chinn S. Ill, K'Von Wallace Clemson

Who I am considering while my seven minutes tick down.

WR Justin Jefferson LSU - -2 

IOL Lloyd Cushenberry III LSU - - 4A, Tyler Biadasz Wis - -4B

EDGE Julian Okwara ND - - 6, Joshua Uche Mich - -5

CB: Jaylon Johnson Utah - -1

IDL: Raekwon Davis Bama - - 3

For me, CB Jaylon Johnson slightly over WR Justin Jefferson in terms of pure draft value. The problem is neither position is a high draft priority. Does draft value outweigh the need here? I can get another WR later. Haden is getting up there, but I have Layne.  Yeah, but I lost Burns.

In terms of purely need: IOL Cushenberry, Tyler or IDL Raekwon Davis

My pick: 

CB Jaylon Johnson based on BPA - - We have someone to battle the passing of SB MVP Patrick Mahomes. Defense still wins Championships (or lack there-of).  New no fly zone over Pittsburgh!

NelsonAaron_fi360News_Stanford_Utah_10_6

Otherwise, it would come down to who is rated higher draft day between Tyler and Lloyd only because in my scenario I would sign Andrew Billings to play NG. No Billings, I would take the Tuitt--like Raekwon.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Figure that the Steelers will not sign any FA until after the draft. In my mock

Do you really think so? That is a long time to wait. Even some of the mid-tier talent will be signed by then.  Doesn't that kind of limit us? I would rather sign a guy and then see how the draft unfolds. I can control who I sign better that way.  Just curious on your thoughts there. 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:13 PM, jebrick said:

Figure that the Steelers will not sign any FA until after the draft. In my mock

Depends what we do with our FAs.

I think we sign at least one FA before the draft, even if its just a depth or special teams player.

Can none of you read!!  From pg 5 of this thread...

Steelers Franchise Bud.  Keep McDonald.  Keep Hilton, Feiler, Banner and Hooks(ERFA)

Cut Barron, Chick, Foster, Switzer.  Restructure McDonald, Tuitt and Pouncey.

If I list them they will not be there on the next pick.  Ask if you want to check on a player's availability.  Some positions are deeper than others and some are not.

Figure that the Steelers will not sign any FA until after the draft.

Pick #49

On 2/23/2020 at 8:13 AM, jebrick said:

Pick #49

Sorry, missed this ...

Given this scenario, my pick would be Lloyd Cushenberry III LSU

On 2/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, jebrick said:

Yep, that must be it.  We cant read.

Couldnt be that some of us just didnt see it.  

I know...far fetched, but possible.

Pick #49

Doesnt really change anything.  I still see us signing at least one FA, pre draft.

Yet in this case you were wrong as they did not sign anyone before the draft.  Why?  Because it is my scenario.  Who on earth would do this?  Bill Belichick does it regularly because the FA signed in the "2nd tier" do not count against comp picks for the next season.  thus still getting Fa and maximizing the comp picks.

Pick #49

I think we cut Alualu as well for $$ and bring in a 3rd starter on the DL, backup for Tuitt/Heyward and the future in DL Raekwon Davis.  Tuitt/Heyward mold of a guy, can slide in for Alualu/Walton reps immediatley, and is the heir apparent for those two.  Also has some scheme versatlity for the times that we want to run a 4 man front (can play some 3 tech).  Yes, we need a plugger NT later in the draft or as an after-draft FA, but is need.

My only other thought process is to grab the guy that we do not have on the roster right now in Tee Higgins.  Allows Higgins/Cain on one side, JWash on the other, and JJSS and DJ can wrk the middles.