ILB Murray/Bostic

OLB Littlejohn/Holcomb

CB Dunbar/Moreau

CB Slot Moreland/Bandy

CB Bradberry/Arnette

FS Winfield/Nicholson/Apke

SS Collins/Everette

Trade Breakdown

I really think this is a realistic trade that could happen, we get chase young and pick 18 (I would take 26 though too instead, either or) and a 3rd from Detroit.

detroit would move back two spots while picking up a high 2nd rounder and ryan Kerrigan 

dilphins basically only have to give up two picks to move up for Tua

i did this bc we need more picks and this helps us while still being able to take Chase Young! If we just traded down to 5 and got more picks young would have been gone. The trade still helps Detroit who needs dline help (Kerrigan DE) while picking up and extra 2nd still being able to grab Okudah!

my top 5 goes

Cincy Burrow, Mia Tua, Wsh Young, NYG Simmons, Det Okudah

Offensive Breakdown

I wanted to solidify the offensive line so Haskins will have time to throw and make reads. A lot will probably hate on what I did with Trent Williams but he’s still a top 5 LT. I brought back our guards with franchising Scherff and giving flowers 3 years (he deserves it) I know a lot of you like Roullier but I’m not big on on, McGovern takes his starting spot, I thought about cutting Moses and signing Jack Conklin but I think it would be too expensive to get him and that it would be way too much spent in FA. I feel next year will be the year we invest through the draft for Olineman

At TE I went with Olson as a vet leader and someone who has experience with the coaching staff, I took Thad Moss in the 3rd, I feel that Hopkins May go in the 2nd. To round it out I have sprinkle as our 3rd TE

at WR I didn’t want to sign a high priced older vet to block the young guys, I think Gandy-Golden will be a steal in the 4th, it was between him and KJ Hill but I liked Golden’s size which we will need. Rasheed Higgins was a young depth pick up

i took a rookie QB in Gordon to groom and be Haskins backup, running backs stay the same as we will be getting GUI e and love back healthy

Defensive Breakdown

at Linebacker I brought in Littlejohn through FA and Kenneth Murray in the draft. I feel like these two instantly will change our defense! Littlejohn will play on the outside while Murray take over Inside, I have foster starting in the last spot if he’s healthy and can be relied on, if not then I believe Holcomb and SDH will split snaps there

in the secondary I solidified the CB position for years to come. Bradberry starts opposite of Dunbar with moreland while having a solid group of backup corners acquired through the draft that have a lot of talent. Don’t sleep on Arnette, he got overshadowed on a good defense by Okudah

with the addition of Chase young our front 4 while be dominant! I resigned Brantley due to him being an EFA, not sure we keep 5 DTs though, I could honestly see a trade coming at Dline for a pick with all the depth we have there

Thoughts?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Another offseason by yours truly 

CUTS

Richardson

Reed

Norman

Trade Kerrigan

Resign

Ereck Flowers 3 years 21 mil

Extend Trent Williams 2 years 30 mil (2020 fully guaranteed 

Franchise Brandon Scherrf

Bostic 1 year 1 mil

Brantley 2 years 3 mil

Orchard  1year Vet min

FA

Greg Olson 1 year 5 mil

James Bradberry 4 years 38 mil

Rashard Higgins 1 year 2.5 mil

Connor McGovern 3 years 18 mil

Corey Littlejohn 4 years 44 mil

Draft

3 way Trade

Wsh gets #3, #18, and Detroit’s 3rd

Detroit gets #5, Miami’s 2nd, and Ryan Kerrigan

Miami gets #2

1#3 Chase Young Edge Ohio St.

1#18 Kenneth Murray ILB OU

3#66 Antoine Winfield Jr FS Minnesota

3#67 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

4#98 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty

4 comp Damon Arnette CB Ohio St.

5#130 Anthony Gordon QB WSU

7#217 Trajan Bandy CB Miami

7#230 Terrence Steele OT Texas Tech

DEPTH

QB Haskins/Gordon/Smith

RB Guice/Peterson/Love

WR McLaurin/Harmon/Sim/Golden/Higgin/Sims

TE Olson/Moss/Sprinkle

LT Williams/Christian

LG Flowers/Pierschbacker

OC McGovern/Roullier 

RG Scherff/Martin

RT Moses/Steele

DE Young/Anderson

DT Payne/Ioannidis 

DT Allen/Settle/Brantley 

DE Sweat/Orchard

OLB Foster/SDH

ILB Murray/Bostic

OLB Littlejohn/Holcomb

CB Dunbar/Moreau

CB Slot Moreland/Bandy

CB Bradberry/Arnette

SS Collins/Everette

Trade Breakdown

I really think this is a realistic trade that could happen, we get chase young and pick 18 (I would take 26 though too instead, either or) and a 3rd from Detroit.

detroit would move back two spots while picking up a high 2nd rounder and ryan Kerrigan 

i did this bc we need more picks and this helps us while still being able to take Chase Young! If we just traded down to 5 and got more picks young would have been gone. The trade still helps Detroit who needs dline help (Kerrigan DE) while picking up and extra 2nd still being able to grab Okudah!

my top 5 goes

Offensive Breakdown

I wanted to solidify the offensive line so Haskins will have time to throw and make reads. A lot will probably hate on what I did with Trent Williams but he’s still a top 5 LT. I brought back our guards with franchising Scherff and giving flowers 3 years (he deserves it) I know a lot of you like Roullier but I’m not big on on, McGovern takes his starting spot, I thought about cutting Moses and signing Jack Conklin but I think it would be too expensive to get him and that it would be way too much spent in FA. I feel next year will be the year we invest through the draft for Olineman

At TE I went with Olson as a vet leader and someone who has experience with the coaching staff, I took Thad Moss in the 3rd, I feel that Hopkins May go in the 2nd. To round it out I have sprinkle as our 3rd TE

at WR I didn’t want to sign a high priced older vet to block the young guys, I think Gandy-Golden will be a steal in the 4th, it was between him and KJ Hill but I liked Golden’s size which we will need. Rasheed Higgins was a young depth pick up

i took a rookie QB in Gordon to groom and be Haskins backup, running backs stay the same as we will be getting GUI e and love back healthy

Defensive Breakdown

at Linebacker I brought in Littlejohn through FA and Kenneth Murray in the draft. I feel like these two instantly will change our defense! Littlejohn will play on the outside while Murray take over Inside, I have foster starting in the last spot if he’s healthy and can be relied on, if not then I believe Holcomb and SDH will split snaps there

in the secondary I solidified the CB position for years to come. Bradberry starts opposite of Dunbar with moreland while having a solid group of backup corners acquired through the draft that have a lot of talent. Don’t sleep on Arnette, he got overshadowed on a good defense by Okudah

with the addition of Chase young our front 4 while be dominant! I resigned Brantley due to him being an EFA, not sure we keep 5 DTs though, I could honestly see a trade coming at Dline for a pick with all the depth we have there

Thoughts?

If you gave me Troutman over Moss I’d say this was the perfect offseason!!!

I don’t see the Lions trading up one pick, they have no reason to and I think they take Okudah. 

You had me until that trade. Oh, and there’s no reason to re-sign the oft injured useless Brantley. 

We only need 4 DTs. We have Allen, Payne, Ioannidis and Settle.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see the Lions trading up one pick, they have no reason to and I think they take Okudah. 

You had me until that trade. Oh, and there’s no reason to re-sign the oft injured useless Brantley. 

We only need 4 DTs. We have Allen, Payne, Ioannidis and Settle.

They didn’t trade up, they traded back to 2 spots picking up a 2nd and ryan Kerrigan 

13 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

They didn’t trade up, they traded back to 2 spots picking up a 2nd and ryan Kerrigan 

Why does Miami trade up to #2? For Tua? They don’t need to trade up for Tua. He’s coming off a dislocated and fractured hip. He’ll be lucky to play football at all next year and may never play again if the blood flow to his hip doesn’t get back to 100%.

18 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Another offseason by yours truly 

CUTS

Richardson

Reed

Norman

Trade Kerrigan

Resign

Ereck Flowers 3 years 21 mil

Extend Trent Williams 2 years 30 mil (2020 fully guaranteed 

Franchise Brandon Scherrf

Bostic 1 year 1 mil

Brantley 2 years 3 mil

Orchard  1year Vet min

FA

Greg Olson 1 year 5 mil

James Bradberry 4 years 38 mil

Rashard Higgins 1 year 2.5 mil

Connor McGovern 3 years 18 mil

Corey Littlejohn 4 years 44 mil

Draft

3 way Trade

Wsh gets #3, #18, and Detroit’s 3rd

Detroit gets #5, Miami’s 2nd, and Ryan Kerrigan

Miami gets #2

1#3 Chase Young Edge Ohio St.

1#18 Kenneth Murray ILB OU

3#66 Antoine Winfield Jr FS Minnesota

3#67 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

4#98 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty

4 comp Damon Arnette CB Ohio St.

5#130 Anthony Gordon QB WSU

7#217 Trajan Bandy CB Miami

7#230 Terrence Steele OT Texas Tech

DEPTH

QB Haskins/Gordon/Smith

RB Guice/Peterson/Love

WR McLaurin/Harmon/Sim/Golden/Higgin/Sims

TE Olson/Moss/Sprinkle

LT Williams/Christian

LG Flowers/Pierschbacker

OC McGovern/Roullier 

RG Scherff/Martin

RT Moses/Steele

DE Young/Anderson

DT Payne/Ioannidis 

DT Allen/Settle/Brantley 

DE Sweat/Orchard

OLB Foster/SDH

ILB Murray/Bostic

OLB Littlejohn/Holcomb

CB Dunbar/Moreau

CB Slot Moreland/Bandy

CB Bradberry/Arnette

SS Collins/Everette

Trade Breakdown

my top 5 goes

Offensive Breakdown

Defensive Breakdown

Thoughts?

Well done. Let’s start with what I like:

you’ve planned and thought it out very well. I like the resigning and agree even with the over rated  Under performing injury prone Trent Williams. Prob paying too much but I want to give our HC and QB the best chance they can to start with. I like the Olsen and McGovern signings but love the Bradberry signing. 

now what I don’t like:

the trade back just won’t happen because Miami and Detroit won’t do it. Why would they? Just seems highly highly unlikely.

QB- smith can’t and won’t play. We need a veteran backup even if it’s cardell jones from the defenders ( kidding), we need a guy who has started and can come in or you risk the season if our starting qb gets injured. 

sign Luke for a year at MLB to run the defense 

we need a real fullback

cant count on any rookies other than Predator starting and since the trade won’t happen just keep Kerrigan 

going to be fun to watch how it all shakes out. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why does Miami trade up to #2? For Tua? They don’t need to trade up for Tua. He’s coming off a dislocated and fractured hip. He’ll be lucky to play football at all next year and may never play again if the blood flow to his hip doesn’t get back to 100%.

Everything I’m hearing is that he will be ready, reason I have them trading up is not bc I think Washington or Detroit will take him but that another team could try to trade up and get him, there are a few teams that could very well want to jump Miami, in the end it’s not that I don’t think Tua wouldn’t be there at 5 for Miami but it’s that another team could try to make a trade with Detroit and jump in front.

do I think we get involved with a trade? No, most likely not, but why not try to be involved if we can still get young and it’s beneficial to all teams involved if the dolphins are sold on Tua.

thats my thinking behind it. It’s a long shot but it’s more of Miami 100% being sold on Tua, The Lions getting an extra 2nd, still getting Okudah, while also getting dline help with Kerrigan, and is still getting our guy in Young, while picking up another pick and unloading Kerrigan contract

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Everything I’m hearing is that he will be ready, reason I have them trading up is not bc I think Washington or Detroit will take him but that another team could try to trade up and get him, there are a few teams that could very well want to jump Miami, in the end it’s not that I don’t think Tua wouldn’t be there at 5 for Miami but it’s that another team could try to make a trade with Detroit and jump in front.

do I think we get involved with a trade? No, most likely not, but why not try to be involved if we can still get young and it’s beneficial to all teams involved if the dolphins are sold on Tua.

thats my thinking behind it. It’s a long shot but it’s more of Miami 100% being sold on Tua, The Lions getting an extra 2nd, still getting Okudah, while also getting dline help with Kerrigan, and is still getting our guy in Young, while picking up another pick and unloading Kerrigan contract

One, I don’t believe the so called “reports” I will be skeptical of Tua playing again until it happens. I will believe it when I see it.

Two, as I’ve said in several threads now, we should not put in jeopardy that someone jumps up above us to take Chase Young. Trading down even just one spot does that.

And the Lions don’t have to trade around the draft to get LDE help, they can sign a FA and not have to lose draft picks. They have no reason to overpay for Ryan Kerrigan. His contract/cap hit is going to be hard to move w/o us paying some of his guaranteed $ which I’d do if we draft Chase Young at 2.

I know Snyder won’t agree to do this but I’d trade Kerrigan in a separate trade. I would’ve traded Kerrigan, Norman and TWill last fall before the trade deadline. I wouldn’t include Kerrigan in a trade involving our first round pick, I’d trade him for a mid round pick in the draft.

Then, we flip Kerrigan into a young TE, LB, CB, FS, DE or WR to develop to hopefully be a starter in a year or two when Kerrigan in 34 and likely retired or limping his way to 5 sacks a game while getting abused in the run game.

Edited by turtle28

This would be a great offseason if they could pull it off. 

I’m a big fan of getting Kenneth Murray — I build a lot of my daydreams around the idea of getting a pick in that range. It’s not that I think he’s a perfect prospect, but it’s just such an important position in this defense and I think he could really excel behind this DL with his speed and explosion. 

I also like doubling down on LB with Littleton. With Murray and Littleton in the fold, we can just wait to see what we can get out of Foster. If he is able to make it back, that’s potentially the best front 7 in football. I also like going with Olsen plus a young TE — if I was a gambling man, that’s where I’d expect them to end up when all is said and done. Bradberry also seems like a sensible import from Carolina. Big fan of trading Kerrigan, I think it’s very unwise to keep him around for sentiment when we could get another pick in that 3rd round of this draft that will be so rich with pass-catchers at the very least.

I’m not necessarily sold on Winfield as a partner for Collins (would love a guy with a bit more range to play center field) or Moss as the future at TE, but I like going with players with good bloodlines. It seems like guys whose fathers (or uncles or brothers) played in the NFL tend to overachieve for some reason or another. 

I’m not a big fan of the Higgins or McGovern deals. Cutting PRich ($6M dead cap) and signing Higgins ($2.5M contract) leaves us in exactly the same place as just keeping PRich ($8.5M cap number), and I think it leaves us with a worse player. As for McGovern, I think center is one of those positions where the guys don’t seem to translate very well from one system/situation to another when they move in FA. And I don’t think he gives much of an upgrade on Roullier, who I think is pretty decent. If I was going to make a move for a FA OL, I think I’d prefer to take a shot at Jack Conklin to replace Moses. Could be a big risk to backfire, but at least with Conklin, we know there’s also upside that it could pay off big-time if he gets back to form. 

As for the draft trade, I think it’s really creative and clever. I’ve spent some time thinking about which party walks away from it, and I think it’s probably Detroit. I think they’d object to the fact that we’d be getting a mid-1st to move down from 2 to 3 and they’d only be getting a 2nd to go from 3 to 5. But looking at it from each team’s perspective, it’s not a slam dunk that anyone would slam the phone down if offered that opportunity. The NFL is pathologically opposed to creativity, so I feel like a 3-way draft trade will never happen, but it’s a cool idea.