New Corner

Pandomonium

On 2/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, 757-NINER said:

This. There's nothing wrong with our CBs. I don't understand what ppl expect nowadays. We had the #1 pass defense for the majority of the season. Our CBs made plays all year. They gave up a few but not to the degree ppl need to be contemplating finding another starter. Sherm, Spoon, Williams and E-Man are arguably as deep and as talented a CB group as you'll find in the league. I dare anyone find me a better three man CB rotation and nickelback in the league. These guys have excelled in the scheme. Much like we did with Verrett, we might kick the tires on another vet to add to the mix. But that won't be a indictment on our current group.

49ers also have Tim Harris, who they took last draft in the 6th round. Yeah, he's a 6th rounder coming off of injury, but the 49ers still have someone else that has already been around a year with the team and has yet to showcase what he can do on the field extensively. They liked him enough to put him on IR before regular season roster cuts, to essentially stash him around a year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

ok I'll remember this,
when you all blew me off when i said I had the feeling this wasn't our year earlier this year, that we are a year ahead of schedule 

its ok 
you guys are cliqued up in here and if anyone goes against the grain from your dogmatic way of thinking, you dismiss them as if they don't know what they're talking about. 

this board was fun back in the day but as of late it has become full of pretentious, pompous know-it-alls who are completely dismissive to anyone who doesn't fall in line with their way of thinking. 

its ok to debate. but as of late its really just become disrespectful and ugly 

I stand on what I said. 

No offense, but the only one here who is a pretentious, pompous know-it-all is yourself. Let's not forget that we were all enjoying a great start to the season, when at 7-0 you just felt the need to see all the flaws of what turned out to be a really great team. But since you clearly just want to gloat about being "right," let's not forget that there were two parts to your prediction. So let's make sure we keep it around for a year of posterity: 

On 10/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, Pandomonium said:

Call me crazy guys but I don't think that THIS is our year to get our 6th trophy

I'm probably in the minority here but I see too many issues that might hurt us in the playoffs 
I think we are a year removed from completely dominating the league.

thoughts?

So obviously, since you stand on what you said, you're predicting next year's team is far superior. So here is a list of the things that will have needed to happen next year for you to be "right," which is obviously incredibly important to your fragile little ego: 

1. The team finishes greater than 2nd in total defense, and 4th in total offense.
  2. 49ers win 14+ games
  3. 49ers receive at least the #1 seed in the NFC
  4. 49ers outscore their NFC opponents by a combined score greater than 64-30 (> 34 point differential)
  5. I mean you did say "dominate," so they should probably win the game, but in order to be right the 49ers need to have a lead in the Super Bowl later than 2:50 left in the 4th quarter, which is when we lost ours this year. 

You saw too many issues this year, which is incredible for a team that nearly won the Super Bowl. But next year, you see a pathway to complete domination. That only can exist if each of the above 5 things are correct. So I have just set an alert for February 8th, 2021 - the day after Super Bowl LV, and will link this post to it. So we'll review and see how close you were to being right. If you're right, we'll all thank you and celebrate together. If you're wrong, well...we'll cover that if we get there. 

• Like 6

On 2020-02-11 at 4:46 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can't let Sherman go since he made All Pro and his deal is pretty much guaranteed for 2020. And really why should we let go of him? He was a big part of having the best pass defense in the league. @Pandomonium is not wrong in looking at the future or wanting an upgrade, but you don't overreact to the 4th quarter of the SB. 

Like I've been saying, if there is an upgrade to be had at corner? Then like any position, sign me up! But it's not a vital need or anything. 

I hadn't thought of the guarantees Sherm's season might have triggered. And yeah, I was pretty sure he'd be back for next season either way. Even with a lost step, he still brings more to the defense than just about anybody could. Anybody we could afford anyway.

In any case, we're discussing about how to improve the best defense in the league. It's a good "problem" to have.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:57 AM, Pandomonium said:

ok I'll remember this,
when you all blew me off when i said I had the feeling this wasn't our year earlier this year, that we are a year ahead of schedule 

its ok 
you guys are cliqued up in here and if anyone goes against the grain from your dogmatic way of thinking, you dismiss them as if they don't know what they're talking about. 

this board was fun back in the day but as of late it has become full of pretentious, pompous know-it-alls who are completely dismissive to anyone who doesn't fall in line with their way of thinking. 

its ok to debate. but as of late its really just become disrespectful and ugly 

I stand on what I said. 

So is this the part in the pattern where you disappear until after the draft and then come back to complain wildly about the picks? I mean that is the m.o. right? You gave your take. We disagreed with it on the basis of what most of us consider more pressing needs for the team. Some say WR, some say S, some say IOL, some say DL depth. YOU say DB and you are the only one who will take his ball and go home because people questioned you and called you out for your typical tendencies on this board. You have a history of hastily reacting imo and then throwing a tissy when others question why you overreact.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 5:19 AM, y2lamanaki said:

No offense, but the only one here who is a pretentious, pompous know-it-all is yourself. Let's not forget that we were all enjoying a great start to the season, when at 7-0 you just felt the need to see all the flaws of what turned out to be a really great team. But since you clearly just want to gloat about being "right," let's not forget that there were two parts to your prediction. So let's make sure we keep it around for a year of posterity: 

So obviously, since you stand on what you said, you're predicting next year's team is far superior. So here is a list of the things that will have needed to happen next year for you to be "right," which is obviously incredibly important to your fragile little ego: 

1. The team finishes greater than 2nd in total defense, and 4th in total offense.
  2. 49ers win 14+ games
  3. 49ers receive at least the #1 seed in the NFC
  4. 49ers outscore their NFC opponents by a combined score greater than 64-30 (> 34 point differential)
  5. I mean you did say "dominate," so they should probably win the game, but in order to be right the 49ers need to have a lead in the Super Bowl later than 2:50 left in the 4th quarter, which is when we lost ours this year. 

You saw too many issues this year, which is incredible for a team that nearly won the Super Bowl. But next year, you see a pathway to complete domination. That only can exist if each of the above 5 things are correct. So I have just set an alert for February 8th, 2021 - the day after Super Bowl LV, and will link this post to it. So we'll review and see how close you were to being right. If you're right, we'll all thank you and celebrate together. If you're wrong, well...we'll cover that if we get there. 

i find it funny how you leave out the part where i ask for opinions in my posts,
I'm  a "lets talk about it person"
you guys are the one who are dismissive and feel like some doesn't have the right to post if they don't agree with you.

its ok to disagree about something I say I'm fine with that just like I'm going to disagree with somethings  that you say. 
but you take it to a level of disrespect that is disgusting, and immature. 

no I don't post here often because unlike you i have life.
I'm not in my mother's basement posting about the 49ers all day like you are.
so forgive me if my job and my ADULT life and daily duties don't allow me to be constantly on this board arguing with a pretentious slug like you about who is right about a team the NEITHER of us are getting check from. But by all means go ahead, be internet chat board champion. Its obviously very important to you in your very small mind. 

it just isn't that serious to me 

I already told you little boy don't address me and I won't address you. 

for the sake of peace lets keep it that way.

Edited by Pandomonium

23 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

so forgive me if my job and my ADULT life and daily duties don't allow me to be constantly on this board arguing with a pretentious slug like you about who is right about a team the NEITHER of us are getting check from. But by all means go ahead, be internet chat board champion. Its obviously very important to you in your very small mind. 

Really?! 

LET. IT. GO.  

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pandomonium said:

you guys are the one who are dismissive and feel like some doesn't have the right to post if they don't agree with you.

its ok to disagree about something I say I'm fine with that just like I'm going to disagree with somethings  that you say. 
but you take it to a level of disrespect that is disgusting, and immature. 

So, there are no two people on this board who agree with each other every time. Daily, people disagree with each other and daily people discuss differences of opinion related to the 49ers. By your own admission, you don't come here regularly due to your amazing life, so I won't hold it against you. But it does really prevent you from being able to effectively talk about this forum's habits. 

To give you a heads up, in the past year, I have had to lock exactly one thread in the forum for getting out of hand.

Yours.

Because of you.

1 hour ago, Pandomonium said:

What was the point of this? 

I'm done with this noise. 

@Pandomonium, your last two topics have not fared well. If you think that this board falls solely into group think, I'd recommend just not making the topics in all honesty. You don't seem to handle the collective groupthink disagreement well, and if this is going to be the end result every time, it's unacceptable. You are correct in that debate is good; disagreement is a fun when handled properly. Your last two topics have had to be locked. That's a concerning correlation. A lot of posters here disagree with each other all of the time, and some posters can even get snippy with each other during disagreement, but at the end of the day, this is a very welcoming and friendly sub forum that seldom has had to deal with locked threads or warnings or any of that jazz. 

That being said, the personal attack nature of your most recent post is completely unacceptable. I see it again, it's a warning. 

• Like 6