I know we get talk about Alabama vs whoever the worst NFL team is, but what about Alabama vs an XFL team?

Bolts223

I think it would be closer for sure (the very best NCAA teams of the last decade would all be annihilated by even the worst NFL teams) but the XFL is still a PROFESSIONAL league and I would imagine any of their teams would be too much for Alabama, LSU, Clemson, etc to handle from top to bottom.  Clearly the college teams would have better individual players but the entire rosters would not compare to a pro team. 

On 2/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

There are no corners or OLinemen leftover after the NFL fills its rosters. There are some real skill players and front 7 players. But if you have a shred of talent at OL or corner you’re in the NFL. 

OL Daniel Brunskill played in the AAF last season, got picked up by the Niners and actually did a solid job filling in for an injured Staley for a couple of games last season. Played so well that he could be in consideration for LT of the future. At the very least, amazing depth. Never know, there could be some quality OL in the XFL who could fill some rosters. 

From the first XFL, did any players make the jump to the NFL? I know Tommy Maddox did, maybe Rod Smart (aka He Hate Me) too, anyone else notable?

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

XFL will get better once they play together more

That's something I agree with for sure. I'd say that an elite college team could beat an XFL team right now, but if the league succeeds I doubt I'd say the same next season.

Edited by nagahide13