Update: Jordan Reed released

turtle28

21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I totally get the point about contract levels.  However, the Steelers are a team that is known to treat their players and coaches with loyalty and reward the same.  The Redskins have been known for the past decade as taking a dump on them.  Even at that contract level, I think it would be worth it to prove that players aren't just a commodity with the Redskins anymore.  And obviously, you can tie that to Reed making appearances and doing things on behalf of the team and at least recoup some of the investment off-the-field.  

I get what you’re saying, but it’s really not an equal comparison. 

Again, huge difference between paying a player $20 million over the next two seasons to not play vs paying a player $1.3 million over two seasons to not play.

”Winning Off the field you say?”

Look, I feel bad for Reed that his career may end bc of concussions and even worse bc it was a dirty hit in a preseason game that may have ended his career.

The Redskins actually need to WIN ON THE FIELD though, and paying a player $20 million over the next two seasons to not help them win on the field on top of the $29 million they’re going to owe Alex Smith over the next 3 years - if he’s cut next March - to not play a down doesn’t make sense to me at all.

They need to move past both of these contracts as soon as possible - as the did with Norman and PRich - so they can use the cap space to hopefully build their team into a young winning team in a few years.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Thing that sucks the most is if Healthy I'd take Jordan over almost every TE in the league that wasn't in the Superbowl this year.As a Skins fan it almost feels like we going to release him and he goes somewhere else and stays healthy the whole year.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Thing that sucks the most is if Healthy I'd take Jordan over almost every TE in the league that wasn't in the Superbowl this year.As a Skins fan it almost feels like we going to release him and he goes somewhere else and stays healthy the whole year.

Bro he done had over 7 concussions maybe even more than that bro, I don't see it seriously

On 2/20/2020 at 9:36 AM, ovfd55 said:

As much as I’d hate to see the Patriots be great again, I would be happy for Reed if he went to New England on an incentive laden contract and became Tom Brady’s #1 receiving option the next few years and Reed got to play in some meaningful playoff games and maybe even win a Super Bowl.

Reed really should retire, but it's been made clear that he doesn't plan to do so.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:35 AM, mar29020 said:

just shows how many games he's missed. He been around for a while.

Yeah, since 2013. He was RG3’s #2 target after Garcon in 2013 before Reed predictably got hurt and missed the final 7 games. As a rookie Reed had 45 catches, 499 yards and 3 TDs in the 8 games he finished that year. He got hurt in the 9th game vs Phila.