Update: Jordan Reed released

turtle28

On 2/8/2020 at 11:42 PM, Doc Draper said:

A special talent but as Woz @Woz used to write- “he’s a jaguar but always in the shop” Give me a Pickup Truck that runs everyday and can be used in different ways- catching and blocking  

To be fair, that was more Thai than me. I just lovingly stole ... err ... borrowed it without attribution.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, offbyone said:

Seems obvious to release him, but I guess the first question I would want to ask is what does Reed want?  Does he want to keep playing?

If I were Dan, I would simply have said: "Jordan, I love you too much to let you keep playing. If you want to go somewhere else and play, so be it, but as much as it pains me to say this, I cannot let you out onto the field again because I want you to live your life after football."

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, Woz said:

If I were Dan, I would simply have said: "Jordan, I love you too much to let you keep playing. If you want to go somewhere else and play, so be it, but as much as it pains me to say this, I cannot let you out onto the field again because I want you to live your life after football."

Snyder May have said something like that to Jordan personally. Probably not, but we’ll never know.

6 hours ago, Canuck said:

Just read that Reed is visiting with the Seahawks. For his sake I hope they let him walk out of the building without a deal

Who just signed Greg Olsen? Interesting/odd choice to start visits there.

I guess between those two, you’ve got a shot at cobbling together 16 total games of elite (receiving) TE play...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Who just signed Greg Olsen? Interesting/odd choice to start visits there.

I guess between those two, you’ve got a shot at cobbling together 16 total games of elite (receiving) TE play...

Also nothing wrong with trying to go deeper on the TE depth chart.  With Wilson, they haven't had the best receiving corps and could use the mismatches provided from Olsen and Reed.  When healthy of course. 

10 hours ago, mar29020 said:

seattle should sign him and stash him until the playoffs lol

They can definitely put him on PUP if they deem him not cleared from his concussion issues - but I think he did pass the concussion protocol. I’d be a boost for anyone’s offense if he was on PUP until November and then came in on 2nd & long/3rd down packages and end of half/end of game situations if they were behind.

He shouldn’t be starting and shouldn’t be taking a lot of unnecessary hits on his head while blocking in the run game, so whoever signs him I’d hope they’d limit his expose to blocking in the run game as much as they can.