RB

Millenhater

Am I the only one that thinks we need a RB?  This is a pretty good draft for RB and I think we will have to spend a 2nd (we should have multiple) or a third on one of these studs. Our top two guys ok but they aren’t great and they can’t be trusted to stay healthy. Both have been have injury history that includes multiple years in high school, college and pro. 

What are your thoughts?  Who are some of your favorite backs or is there someone via trade or free agency that you like?

4 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Am I the only one that thinks we need a RB?  This is a pretty good draft for RB and I think we will have to spend a 2nd (we should have multiple) or a third on one of these studs. Our top two guys ok but they aren’t great and they can’t be trusted to stay healthy. Both have been have injury history that includes multiple years in high school, college and pro. 

What are your thoughts?  Who are some of your favorite backs or is there someone via trade or free agency that you like?

I'd love to grab CEH with an extra 2nd.

9 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I'd love to grab CEH with an extra 2nd.

I love that dude. He might be RB 1 for me. I would love him too. My only “issue” with him is he doesn’t seem to have breakaway speed. We don’t seem to have a guy (and I’m not including Ty Johnson) that can take it to the house. For that reason I’m jumping back on the Taylor train as well. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, LionArkie said:

Nope, I want a bell cow.  I have a man crush on JK Dobbins.  I think he is going to be a fantastic pro.

If he makes out of the 2nd I run to podium to make the selection, I’d prefer a defensive heavy draft, a playmaker like that is hard to pass on though. Scottie Phillips a RB from Ole Miss could be available in the 4th or 5th round and would give the offense a playmaker outside of KG and Hock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisTyranus said:

If he makes out of the 2nd I run to podium to make the selection, I’d prefer a defensive heavy draft, a playmaker like that is hard to pass on though. Scottie Phillips a RB from Ole Miss could be available in the 4th or 5th round and would give the offense a playmaker outside of KG and Hock.

If you look through this forum, you will see that's what I've been saying for a while. Give me big uglies on both sides, then linbackers, but I think a rb could really pay off while also helping the D by keeping them off the field.  there are few RB's I would take in the second, Dobbins being one of them, and I'd prefer it more if we had multiple 2 rd picks due to trade down.

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

If you look through this forum, you will see that's what I've been saying for a while. Give me big uglies on both sides, then linbackers, but I think a rb could really pay off while also helping the D by keeping them off the field.  there are few RB's I would take in the second, Dobbins being one of them, and I'd prefer it more if we had multiple 2 rd picks due to trade down.

That would be ideal, trade down to 5th with MIA, pick up Simmons at 5 or Okudah. Get maybe a 2nd out of the deal though a 3rd isn’t bad either and go DL and OG or CB with those day two pick of any combination. Get Phillips or good WR in the 4th and then just start snagging up depth with the 5th-7th round picks. Good and good.

5 hours ago, DavisTyranus said:

That would be ideal, trade down to 5th with MIA, pick up Simmons at 5 or Okudah. Get maybe a 2nd out of the deal though a 3rd isn’t bad either and go DL and OG or CB with those day two pick of any combination. Get Phillips or good WR in the 4th and then just start snagging up depth with the 5th-7th round picks. Good and good.

There’s going to be a bidding war for that pick. We are getting at least both of their 2nds or maybe 26 and a 2nd. PLUS I bet we get another pick from the chargers to move down one more spot and still nab Simmons or Okudah 

13 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

They provide so little value and our RBs produced last year. They're really just a function of OL play in the end. Keep adding Bo and Mckissic types

They provide little value if you keep having Bo and McKissic types.  If you have a Derrick Henry, CMC..... they provide quite a bit of value, especially to a QB who could use some help. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They provide little value if you keep having Bo and McKissic types.  If you have a Derrick Henry, CMC..... they provide quite a bit of value, especially to a QB who could use some help. 

Exactly. They also provide great value to a defense. And to a five mins offense. Imagine if we could have just ran out the clock on a lot of those games instead of relying on our tired defense. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Athletic's Chris Burke considers free agent LeSean McCoy a "sleeper pick" for the Lions

The Athletic's Chris Burke considers free agent Kenyan Drake an "obvious one to watch" for the Lions

also i believe it was pft and there "off-season bold predictions" was us signing Melvin Gordon.