Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
malagabears

Rumor: Pace looking to trade to grab the 1st pick?

Recommended Posts

For a shot at Burrows? How could that possibly work with the draft capital cupboard dry? It would take a minimum of:

1. One of our 2020 2nd's

2. Our 2021 1st

3. One of our All Pro's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For that jump your probably looking at both our 2nds this year, 1st & 2nd next year, Trubisky & say Roquan Smith...

I love Burrows but no way am I giving up all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he is a very credible source

He also claimed the Bears are trying to unload Mack

I'll grow a mullet if this happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I don't think he is a very credible source

He also claimed the Bears are trying to unload Mack

I'll grow a mullet if this happens

Yeah, I shoulda checked his Twitter history a bit. But oh well.

Like Mike said, if in Fantasy football we could get a 1st for Trub then you could try with that 1st, the 2021 1st, a 2nd this year and next year but no more than that.

I will grow a mullet or better yet contemplate moving back to the US if Pace pulled this off. O.oO.oO.o

Edited by malagabears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For that jump your probably looking at both our 2nds this year, 1st & 2nd next year, Trubisky & say Roquan Smith...

I love Burrows but no way am I giving up all of that.

I would say that you would also have to include a 2022 1st rounder for that because the Bears don't have a first rounder to trade up this year. The Bengals would rather have the pick over Roquan. This is why the Bears never have any picks under Pace because he trades up in every draft to get players which so far has not worked out for him at all.

He traded up for so far.

Anthony Miller

Leonard Floyd

Mitch Trubisky

David Montgomery

So far none of these guys have shown they were worth the extra picks to get.

So if Pace would do this he would put himself in draft hell for years to come and i don't see this trade happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I don't think he is a very credible source

He also claimed the Bears are trying to unload Mack

I'll grow a mullet if this happens

The Bears could be trying to unload Mack but they will still need a pass rusher when they are ready to win again. Which means using a first rounder on the position someday in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears could be trying to unload Mack but they will still need a pass rusher when they are ready to win again. Which means using a first rounder on the position someday in the future.

With the dead cap they're not moving on from Mack. No chance IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now dude is claiming Bears are shopping #52 to supposedly collect draft capital for Burrows. Your Sunday comedy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malagabears said:

Now dude is claiming Bears are shopping #52 to supposedly collect draft capital for Burrows. Your Sunday comedy.

 

I'd much rather have Burrow but I guess whoever this Burrows is might be good too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malagabears said:

Now dude is claiming Bears are shopping #52 to supposedly collect draft capital for Burrows. Your Sunday comedy.

 

We'll see if anybody else comes forward with this same sort of news. It's not impossible. The Bears need a quarterback, and Mack didn't exactly put forth his best effort for a noticeable chunk of the season. I'm still unconvinced that Pace will ever admit those two things, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd much rather have Burrow but I guess whoever this Burrows is might be good too

I see what you did there. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, malagabears said:

I see what you did there. 9_9

Maybe they can reacquire Alshon Jeffries if they can somehow draft Burrows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thought is this :   

 

Incredibly unlikely that we'd be able to get this all done. Like.. Miniscule chance of happening. 

That said, I also don't don't entirely discount these rumors.

1. There's been a bunch of smoke that the feelings towards Trubisky are significantly soured from people in the organization, and those rumors seem to point most at Nagy.

2. Nagy right now, also could feel himself being on the hot seat making him more desperate for a change to be made. Does he get another year if the offense is still atrocious in the 20-21 season? 

3. Burrow is basically the only option that offers -any- hope to me as a fan for the 20-21 season. There are zero other qbs in this draft that I'd trust to start this year (Gordon is basically the only other qb I'd even be interested in and he's a sizable project) , and frankly none of the FAs are worth wasting the money on. 

So I actually can believe the rumors because I think Burrow might literally be the only chance Nagy has to keep his job and basically would be the only hope for this coming season not already being punted before we are talking about how we move up for Lawrence or Fields. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Epyon said:

So I actually can believe the rumors because I think Burrow might literally be the only chance Nagy has to keep his job and basically would be the only hope for this coming season not already being punted before we are talking about how we move up for Lawrence or Fields. 

That's a good point, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×