Rumor: Pace looking to trade to grab the 1st pick?

malagabears

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Pace is trading up for Justin Herbert.

That would be a very pace thing to do.. and missing on back to back qbs would bury this franchise for years after he was promptly fired....... Herbert is non existent in bigger games.

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For that jump your probably looking at both our 2nds this year, 1st & 2nd next year, Trubisky & say Roquan Smith...

I love Burrows but no way am I giving up all of that.

That doesn't even get you in the door IMO.  It's going to take MULTIPLE FRPs and young players on cheap contracts.  Bears don't have those assets.

• Like 1

Why are people even paying attention to this guy? He has no credibility whatsoever. He has already been fired from like 4 different radio stations for being an idiot.

He is constantly posting things about his (failed) career and "back in the day" crap.

it's like that old man who cannot let go of the past. He reminds me alot of my older brother in this aspect. My brother is 56 and he can't let go of his golden age either and we all have to hear about him back in the 80's and 90's. Granted, he competed in basketball tourney's every year until 53 and was still competitive but we kept telling him for the last decade that it was time to let go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Why are people even paying attention to this guy? He has no credibility whatsoever. He has already been fired from like 4 different radio stations for being an idiot.

He is constantly posting things about his (failed) career and "back in the day" crap.

it's like that old man who cannot let go of the past. He reminds me alot of my older brother in this aspect. My brother is 56 and he can't let go of his golden age either and we all have to hear about him back in the 80's and 90's. Granted, he competed in basketball tourney's every year until 53 and was still competitive but we kept telling him for the last decade that it was time to let go.

But.. maybe.. Mack wants out! xD

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Pace should not be allowed to make a trade like this.

He should not have nearly the job security required to trade picks that far out.

I agree with this.  Pace should not be allowed to mortgage the future if he may not even be here past this coming season to see it all come to fruition.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:16 AM, Madmike90 said:

For that jump your probably looking at both our 2nds this year, 1st & 2nd next year, Trubisky & say Roquan Smith...

I love Burrows but no way am I giving up all of that.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That doesn't even get you in the door IMO.  It's going to take MULTIPLE FRPs and young players on cheap contracts.  Bears don't have those assets.

Agreed.  If that was all they wanted for #1 and meaning Burrow would be the Bears new QB then I would make that trade in a heart beat.

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

If the Bengals are actually listening to offers for #1 then they will be getting calls from a lot of teams.  There is no way in hell that the bears could put together the best package of those teams without a first round pick this year.

Right.  They don't have ammo.

The new rumor from the same guy is that we're now going for the #2 pick, again via selling mack. 

Because not only are we leveraging our future for a QB, but we're also trading our best player, and doing it for a QB who will be on IR.