Rumor: Pace looking to trade to grab the 1st pick?

malagabears

If we are trading Khalil Mack (which I 0% believe) that should be the only thing we are trading for the first pick. 

Also if we get the pick how much y’all wanna bet we pass the two sure thing qb prospects and take like Jordan Love or something 

The Bears should draft a serious QB prospect this year and just hide and develop them. Whether that is Fromm, Hurts, Gordon, I do not know, but they should draft one and immerse him in the offense while Mitch/Dalton starts.

Then in 2021 you have a guy who is further along in the developmental process and more ready to start.

18 hours ago, Tyty said:

Mack is the only thing worth anything tho. A midrange 2nd and future firsts and whoever else isn’t enough to move up like 46 spots lol

To be honest I don't even think teams would take Mack as a valuable trade chip considering how much money he is owed over the next 2 years at the very least.

This is not to say Mack is not a great player, but not every team is willing to pay a defensive player high end QB money.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 1:36 PM, topwop1 said:

To be honest I don't even think teams would take Mack as a valuable trade chip considering how much money he is owed over the next 2 years at the very least.

This is not to say Mack is not a great player, but not every team is willing to pay a defensive player high end QB money.

I think his age would probably factor into it as much as the money. That narrows the options to contenders with a lot of cap space, and there ain't many of those. 

On 2/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, WindyCity said:

The Bears should draft a serious QB prospect this year and just hide and develop them. Whether that is Fromm, Hurts, Gordon, I do not know, but they should draft one and immerse him in the offense while Mitch/Dalton starts.

Then in 2021 you have a guy who is further along in the developmental process and more ready to start.

This has been my view the whole offseason. I'm fine with throwing a 4th or trading back to gather more picks (our 2nd for a later 2nd and a 3rd for example) and then using the 3rd on the QB. It isn't hard to upgrade from Daniel and it is easy to pay less than $6 mil for a guy to handle the clipboard. Even if Pace and Nagy would go then they have someone to push the new starter in 2020 and at least have a more talented reserve in case of an injury. Pace and Nagy SHOULD believe they are righting the ship but should also understand Mitch isn't the guy worth a $20+ million per year deal, cap-wise they should absolutely be looking for a cheap reserve to be a system player. 

• 2 weeks later...