I strongly believe we should & will add a talented WR to pair with Scary Terry.

aceinthehouse

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Personally, I don't want any of them. Let's continue building through the draft at the WR position.

I’m so excited for the trio we currently have that taking a player like Gandy-Golden or Pittman Jr in the 3rd or 4th would be more up my alley. 

• Like 2

In my view, it’s probably the best WR draft since I’ve been following the draft. I don’t think I’m alone in that opinion. I think that fact will cut strongly against the idea of making any sort of splash for a FA WR.

When taking into account that we could get a WR with legitimate “quality starter” potential in the 3rd or even 4th round, I think it becomes inescapably more appealing to use FA money to get instant starters at other positions that we simply won’t be able to effectively address in the draft (MLB, OLB, maybe CB, maybe TE, maybe FS). 

Cooper is a different story. If he’s really out there and the market doesn’t get insane, you’d be foolish not to at least check in. And you don’t pass on a legitimate Pro Bowl talent in his prime because you like the mid-rounds in the upcoming draft. But as for pretty much everyone else we’re discussing, I’d rather use the money on top players at other spots and then look for a quality addition in round 3 or 4 to add to what we’ve already got. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

On a 1 year prove it type deal just off a full season to get healthy. I'm interested in the former All Pro for Haskins.

I would think he’d have better options then the Redskins and I’d rather just see our young guys play or a young WR we’d sign/draft but I guess I wouldn’t be totally against it. AJ Green was a top choice of mine in a trade years ago in 2017 when Gruden was here and we had Kirk - after we let DJax & Garçon walk - but I’d rather not go for the 30 something player.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would think he’d have better options then the Redskins and I’d rather just see our young guys play or a young WR we’d sign/draft but I guess I wouldn’t be totally against it. AJ Green was a top choice of mine in a trade years ago in 2017 when Gruden was here and we had Kirk - after we let DJax & Garçon walk - but I’d rather not go for the 30 something player.

Ok

59 minutes ago, mike23md said:

There is enough talent in the draft to literally find anyone that can complement McLauren. Unfortunately, the needs right now are adding up. LG and LT are high on the list. Glad we signed Fuller, big big deal with that. 

I don’t think we will look at another LG. I think the Wes boys battle it out and hopefully Martin wins.

i also think if trents gone that we will most likely sign a vet LT in FA.

for me the draft is Young, TE, WR, S and then talent that’s fallen

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1