Combine Thread Let's Get It Started

Horseunit

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ah the Combine!

It's my favorite annual "I hate everything that the underwear Olympics stand for but I'm going to pay attention anyway because I'm going through football withdrawal" event. Friendly reminder that this should confirm what you think about a player/their film and not be the end all/be all for a prospect. Ask Zeus Brown, Combine loser 2018, Pro Bowl Alternate 2019.

So your saying size and girth matter! 

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

DK Metcalf had a great combine while only having average college production, along with an injury history. He was taken high and has vindicated the pick with his pro production. The combine boosted his draft stock based on his performance there. 

There is something to be said for a great combine. 

He also was drafted in the 3rd and the lack of college production also had to do with an injury history. I wouldn't say that his combine performance helped him climb or drop whatsoever IMO.

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He also was drafted in the 3rd and the lack of college production also had to do with an injury history. I wouldn't say that his combine performance helped him climb or drop whatsoever IMO.

Maybe not, but people were overreacting like dude was unable to change directions at all.

Like, bro, all he has to do is run streaks, fades and slants.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe not, but people were overreacting like dude was unable to change directions at all.

Like, bro, all he has to do is run streaks, fades and slants.

His bloodlines are also outstanding. When you have that physique/height/physicality and the ability to win jump balls, the other stuff is largely overrated IMO.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I need full back combine results. 

Two potential options at fullback.

Sewo Olonilua RB TCU 6'3 240 Squats over 700 pounds and has been named to Bruce Feldman’s “freak list” multiple times. When he’s able to open up in space, he’s a dangerous combination of size and speed. Productive in the pass game, especially for his size. Was a touchdown machine as a sophomore, posting 7 on just 64 rushing attempts. Can be used effectively on both inside and outside runs.  Facing a felony drug charge in the offseason that will prevent him from playing in 2019, which will hurt his development and draft stock. While he has all of the natural tools in the world, concerns about his game and off the field actions will likely push him to the ranks of the undrafted. 

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Sewo Olonilua RB TCU 6'3 240 Squats over 700 pounds and has been named to Bruce Feldman’s “freak list” multiple times. When he’s able to open up in space, he’s a dangerous combination of size and speed. Productive in the pass game, especially for his size. Was a touchdown machine as a sophomore, posting 7 on just 64 rushing attempts. Can be used effectively on both inside and outside runs.  Facing a felony drug charge in the offseason that will prevent him from playing in 2019, which will hurt his development and draft stock. While he has all of the natural tools in the world, concerns about his game and off the field actions will likely push him to the ranks of the undrafted. 

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

Just quoting this so people have to look at that font for a second time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Facing a felony drug charge??! #thatsmyfullback

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Horseunit said:

He's my pick for fullback if we draft one. I fear that Deguara is going to be drafted in the 3rd-4th round though, as he can also play TE. If the Jets drafted Trevon Wesco in the 4th last year, Deguara could easily go in the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's my pick for fullback if we draft one. I fear that Deguara is going to be drafted in the 3rd-4th round though, as he can also play TE. If the Jets drafted Trevon Wesco in the 4th last year, Deguara could easily go in the 3rd.

Now who's making people up?

Smdh.