Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Horseunit

Combine Thread Let's Get It Started

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ah the Combine!

It's my favorite annual "I hate everything that the underwear Olympics stand for but I'm going to pay attention anyway because I'm going through football withdrawal" event. Friendly reminder that this should confirm what you think about a player/their film and not be the end all/be all for a prospect. Ask Zeus Brown, Combine loser 2018, Pro Bowl Alternate 2019.

So your saying size and girth matter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Everyone killed him for his 3 cone time. He was openly roasted for it.

Despite the fact he can run 3 routes and feast....

Always was a dumb argument, dude was a monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Horseunit said:

So your saying size and girth matter! 

BRING BACK THE HAND SIZE DEBATE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

DK Metcalf had a great combine while only having average college production, along with an injury history. He was taken high and has vindicated the pick with his pro production. The combine boosted his draft stock based on his performance there. 

There is something to be said for a great combine. 

He also was drafted in the 3rd and the lack of college production also had to do with an injury history. I wouldn't say that his combine performance helped him climb or drop whatsoever IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He also was drafted in the 3rd and the lack of college production also had to do with an injury history. I wouldn't say that his combine performance helped him climb or drop whatsoever IMO.

Maybe not, but people were overreacting like dude was unable to change directions at all.

Like, bro, all he has to do is run streaks, fades and slants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe not, but people were overreacting like dude was unable to change directions at all.

Like, bro, all he has to do is run streaks, fades and slants.

His bloodlines are also outstanding. When you have that physique/height/physicality and the ability to win jump balls, the other stuff is largely overrated IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 4:39 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I am really excited to overrate wr 40 times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Why are we dismissing the combine when SPARQ scores were clearly a influencer to Sashi and company.

Sparq is a great assessment tool. People will of caught up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I need full back combine results. 

Two potential options at fullback.

Sewo Olonilua RB TCU 6'3 240 Squats over 700 pounds and has been named to Bruce Feldman’s “freak list” multiple times. When he’s able to open up in space, he’s a dangerous combination of size and speed. Productive in the pass game, especially for his size. Was a touchdown machine as a sophomore, posting 7 on just 64 rushing attempts. Can be used effectively on both inside and outside runs.  Facing a felony drug charge in the offseason that will prevent him from playing in 2019, which will hurt his development and draft stock. While he has all of the natural tools in the world, concerns about his game and off the field actions will likely push him to the ranks of the undrafted. 

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Two potential options at fullback.

Sewo Olonilua RB TCU 6'3 240 Squats over 700 pounds and has been named to Bruce Feldman’s “freak list” multiple times. When he’s able to open up in space, he’s a dangerous combination of size and speed. Productive in the pass game, especially for his size. Was a touchdown machine as a sophomore, posting 7 on just 64 rushing attempts. Can be used effectively on both inside and outside runs.  Facing a felony drug charge in the offseason that will prevent him from playing in 2019, which will hurt his development and draft stock. While he has all of the natural tools in the world, concerns about his game and off the field actions will likely push him to the ranks of the undrafted. 

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

Just quoting this so people have to look at that font for a second time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Two potential options at fullback.

Sewo Olonilua RB TCU 6'3 240 Squats over 700 pounds and has been named to Bruce Feldman’s “freak list” multiple times. When he’s able to open up in space, he’s a dangerous combination of size and speed. Productive in the pass game, especially for his size. Was a touchdown machine as a sophomore, posting 7 on just 64 rushing attempts. Can be used effectively on both inside and outside runs.  Facing a felony drug charge in the offseason that will prevent him from playing in 2019, which will hurt his development and draft stock. While he has all of the natural tools in the world, concerns about his game and off the field actions will likely push him to the ranks of the undrafted. 

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

Facing a felony drug charge??! #thatsmyfullback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati 6'3 245 Like what he gives you as an in-line blocker a lot. He's scrappy and does really well to keep his hand fit once defenders engage in shed techniques. His receiver skills are best against soft coverage or zone but he's reliable in short yardage areas to box out and has sneaky athleticism to get vertical. He's not necessarily a mauler but he's tenacious as hell. The hustle on this dude is unbelievable. Chased down an interception to prevent pick-6 about 70 yards down field from the back side vs. UCLA. His functional strength is aided by a dense built, he's built really compact and pairs his high effort with thick lower half and torso.

He's my pick for fullback if we draft one. I fear that Deguara is going to be drafted in the 3rd-4th round though, as he can also play TE. If the Jets drafted Trevon Wesco in the 4th last year, Deguara could easily go in the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's my pick for fullback if we draft one. I fear that Deguara is going to be drafted in the 3rd-4th round though, as he can also play TE. If the Jets drafted Trevon Wesco in the 4th last year, Deguara could easily go in the 3rd.

Now who's making people up?

Smdh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×