Dak for TB12

textaz03

https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-trading-dak-prescott-and-signing-patriots-qb-tom-brady-being-discussed-by-significant-people-says-michael-irvin

Seen this floating around the news last night and had Not seen it discussed in here yet. 

“From Irvin: “I am telling you right now, at the Super Bowl in Miami, some very significant people that I had conversations (with were) leaning in that same direction. It was shocking.”

now I know this is bad to be pretty much a click bait from Fisher and Cowherd but it does spark an interest from me for sure. It says that the next month till FA starts is gonna be very interesting with this contract negotiation.

18 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm thinking the "significant people" Irvin is talking about are Alex Rodriquez, Paul Rudd, and Matthew McConaughey. People along those lines. Otherwise,  this would be pretty dumb. Makes Irvin look ridiculous imo.

That’s what I thought. I had to explain to my wife when she heard it this morning. That there is no way in hell Cowboys would did this. 1 your only gonna get TB12 for a season maybe 2 if your lucky. So now you back to looking for a another QB to groom

15 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

That’s what I thought. I had to explain to my wife when she heard it this morning. That there is no way in hell Cowboys would did this. 1 your only gonna get TB12 for a season maybe 2 if your lucky. So now you back to looking for a another QB to groom

If they think that Brady will bring a Super Bowl in one of those 2 seasons, then you do it without thinking twice about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

and thats the end of that

I’d have a tough time believing that there was any truth to the “rumor” in the first place. That just sounds like something that a guy in the media would say to either get clicks on his article or listeners on his show. 

• Like 1

If Dak could be shipped off for a 1st and a 2nd and those picks could be flipped for Jamal Adams, Our other 1st and 2nd used on the DLine, and the savings on Brady vs Dak used to keep Jones (assuming Cooper is a for sure keeper) I do it all day, every day

If theres a decent QB there in the 2nd, draft him to be Brady's understudy

All in for 2 years, then 2 years after that with a QB on a rookie deal