Trentwannabe's Mock Off-season & Draft

Trentwannabe

Glad to see DiMarco on the cut list. I don't mind carrying a FB on the roster but for the love of god please stop splitting them out at WR. You aren't fooling anybody. And when Josh threw that deep jump ball to him into double coverage, that was probably one of the worst things I seen this season. Your FB should never be running a 9 route in the first place.

17 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Dawkins is overrated imo. Always wondered how he'd be as a Guard 

Over rated? The guy played 95.6% of snaps (over 1000 of them) this year giving up 3 sacks and your saying he is over rated? 2 of which were because Allen held on to the ball to long. What do you want an LT to do to say hes not overrated?

Edited by soflbillsfan

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I read somewhere we basically have him now for 3 more years at 6mil per year on avg. 

Not sure how accurate that is, but if it's true I am good with that. 

Yes and no his base salary is 6.5 mil the next two years but with his signing bonus across the 5 years at avg of 2.6, plus his 1.5 mil a year in roster bonus, and a $250k work out bonus his cap hit for the next 2 years outside of 2020 season is at 10.850, where they can cut him next offseason with a 5.2 mil dead cap hit which I expect them to do unless he some how turns it around this year. I still believe Murphy, Hughes, and Star are cap casualties whether this year or next, hughes is next year as the dead cap is higher then the cap hit. Plus with no new cba you cant have any post june 1st cuts its all accounted for this year which is why I think they restructure Star instead of cutting him.

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Overrated? By who? He’s a good left tackle. He isn’t a top 5 guy but he’s a top half of the league player at his position.I have no issues with him 

Good against the run, average and inconsistent in pass pro. He's a average NFL LT who will likely be asking to get paid like a top LT. 

Edited by BillsGuy82

Im sorry to break it to you but only 3 of the top 10 highest paid LT outperformed Dawkins this year in pass protection, so please tell me where you come up with average and inconsistent at Pass protection? Tyron Smith, Terron Armstead, and Eric Fisher all held their ground at pass protection over Dion Dawkins the rest have either had more sacks or holding penalties then Dion who played an entire season. So please give your basis as to why he is "average and inconsistent"? His rookie year was solid the only piss poor season he had was in 2018 when the oline was complete trash. With a capable LG next to him he is one of the best LT's in the game. Its the right tackle that has been the achilles for this oline.

*Disclaimer dont bring PFF in to this because we all know how much garbage that site and algorithm is as everyone (players coaches etc) have ripped on how poorly they grade players.