LT Garrett Bolles leaves game with leg injury...MRI pending

Broncofan

50 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, UK, how does it look time wise for a return?

Is a return after the bye week, Oct 15 against the Giants a reasonable expectation?

If there's no HAS yes.   The only thing that doesn't fit with no HAS is what Bolles experienced.   To be just a bone bruise it's weird that the staff were worried about an Achilles then fractured ankle.  To have no HAS and only a bone bruise is atypical for that mechanism of injury.   Maybe Bolles had incredible flexibility but something has to cause the bone bruise...unless it was all direct impact by a blow to bone.  

I couldn't see the replay except the first one and it was a bad angle - did his leg buckle?  If so then a HAS is there no matter what DEN is saying in public and it's 4+ weeks.  If it was a direct blow then it could be just 2 weeks depending on the severity of the bone bruise (although waiting until after bye is always smarter).   

Anyone have a link to the replay to see if the leg buckled? 

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If there's no HAS yes.   The only thing that doesn't fit with no HAS is what Bolles experienced.   To be just a bone bruise it's weird that the staff were worried about an Achilles then fractured ankle.  To have no HAS and only a bone bruise is atypical for that mechanism of injury.   Maybe Bolles had incredible flexibility but something has to cause the bone bruise...unless it was all direct impact by a blow to bone.  

I couldn't see the replay except the first one and it was a bad angle - did his leg buckle?  If so then a HAS is there no matter what DEN is saying in public and it's 4+ weeks.  If it was a direct blow then it could be just 2 weeks depending on the severity of the bone bruise (although waiting until after bye is always smarter).   

Anyone have a link to the replay to see if the leg buckled? 

I've looked but to no avail so far.  Pretty tough to tell what happened.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I've seen two separate accounts that say it was a direct impact. JC fell on it

Then it's possible to be just a bone bruise. But you need to see if the leg buckled on impact.  That's what leads to the HAS and often happens when they get rolled up on from side / behind.   Too bad we don't have the replay.  

Honestly I hate the term "bone bruise" it means nothing. Usually it's used to mean a periosteal hematoma (small blood vessels that feed the bone have ruptured) but can mean a small amount of broken bone (so little it's not even a "hairline") but this usually occurs only in children (their bones are less calcified and bend more)

either way this means its structurally stable. 

16 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly I hate the term "bone bruise" it means nothing. Usually it's used to mean a periosteal hematoma (small blood vessels that feed the bone have ruptured) but can mean a small amount of broken bone (so little it's not even a "hairline") but this usually occurs only in children (their bones are less calcified and bend more)

either way this means its structurally stable. 

That's the critical part though, right?

@AnAngryAmerican I usually put people on a 4 week no running profile. The injury itself doesn't have any increased chance of getting injured, but people tend to favor it which leads to increased overall injury risk. It's just better to let it heal and be closer to full go then have it linger all season. I think he will sit this next game. If the OL is serviceable then he'll sit until after the bye. If he's needed I can see him pressing to play in 2 weeks. 

Archived