LT Garrett Bolles leaves game with leg injury...MRI pending

Broncofan

14 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Normally I may just skip over these but wtf.

Wolf seems to heal rather quickly from his injuries.  You can call it PEDs, or you can call it Wolf sperm...I am hoping you can rub some on Bolles ankle if that is the case...should heal a bone bruise just fine.  If anything it might just numb it so he can at least play.  

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Apparently he's practicing in pads... surely he can't play on Sunday?

Two take home messages:

1.  Must only be a bone bruise from direct impact.  Can’t be a HAS.   The report of the DAL DE kicking the leg makes sense. 

2.  Bolles is kind of a drama queen. 

(I kid - it just shows how emotional he is before ppl think I’m serious. The internet needs a universal sarcasm icon :D.)

You could make the argument that, perhaps Siemian aside, Bolles is the most important player on our offense.

I'm not saying he's the BEST player. The two WRs, Anderson, Paradis and Leary are all better players, but the dropoff from Bolles to his backup is huge 

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Tough M-F.  That said, if I was coaching and he could dress, I still would play Barbre at G and try to get Bolles healthy for Oakland if at all possible.

Two additional reasons support that line of reasoning:

1.  Risk of reinjury during game (duh)

2.  Long flight back, if there's any injury, swelling gets worse unless they can hang him from his feet on the plane and about 100 lbs of ice.  

I wonder if he'd even make the trip.   If you are going to rest him, let him stay in DEN.  I know he'd say no way, but that's what the coaches and trainers are for.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Two take home messages:

1.  Must only be a bone bruise from direct impact.  Can’t be a HAS.   The report of the DAL DE kicking the leg makes sense. 

2.  Bolles is kind of a drama queen. 

(I kid - it just shows how emotional he is before ppl think I’m serious. The internet needs a universal sarcasm icon :D.)

Bolles wears his emotions on his sleeve. It is his best and worst quality. Said it long before we drafted him, his biggest issue will be penalties, then again he will be putting dudes in the dirt. 

12 hours ago, paul-mac said:

You could make the argument that, perhaps Siemian aside, Bolles is the most important player on our offense.

I'm not saying he's the BEST player. The two WRs, Anderson, Paradis and Leary are all better players, but the dropoff from Bolles to his backup is huge 

Yeah I was as big a critic of Bolles when he was drafted but I have no choice but to agree with this. Excellent point, Paul. 

Love the grit he is showing. When we drafted him, I thought it was too early by 10-15 picks and was troubled by his age and one-year-wonder status. But he was always a tough MF, and a guy that played with tons of emotion. And I really love that, especially on a team that has lost some leaders over the years.

Going forward the ying-yang of Siemien and Bolles as our offensive stalwarts is going to be awesome to watch. Such opposing diametrics but in reality, a successful team needs both personality types.

Honestly, I would play it safe and not let him play. He is the type to lie when asked to rate his pain level and do whatever he can to get into the game, the coaches have to step in and realize Bolles likely would play with a bullet wound and just play it safe.

Its pretty clear that RT is going to be our #1 need going into this next draft. Might have to even telegraph the pick like with Bolles. Jesus this league is missing talent at the OT spot.

Archived