LT Garrett Bolles leaves game with leg injury...MRI pending

Broncofan

53 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Love the grit he is showing. When we drafted him, I thought it was too early by 10-15 picks and was troubled by his age and one-year-wonder status. But he was always a tough MF, and a guy that played with tons of emotion. And I really love that, especially on a team that has lost some leaders over the years.

Going forward the ying-yang of Siemien and Bolles as our offensive stalwarts is going to be awesome to watch. Such opposing diametrics but in reality, a successful team needs both personality types.

Honestly, I would play it safe and not let him play. He is the type to lie when asked to rate his pain level and do whatever he can to get into the game, the coaches have to step in and realize Bolles likely would play with a bullet wound and just play it safe.

Its pretty clear that RT is going to be our #1 need going into this next draft. Might have to even telegraph the pick like with Bolles. Jesus this league is missing talent at the OT spot.

Agreed.   The risk isn’t worth the gain.  Even if we lose this game it’s the right call.   The season is a sprint not a marathon.  

I actually hope they just let him stay in DEN.   No need for 2 long flights either.  

Agreed. Leave him at home this week. Have him dress for the Raiders game, but still have Stephenson start and see how he plays. If he's getting Siemian killed then put Bolles in. The main focus should be getting him healthy for after the bye when we face JPP followed by a three game road stand of Houston/Ford, Bosa/Ingram and Graham/Curry.

14 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Love the grit he is showing. When we drafted him, I thought it was too early by 10-15 picks and was troubled by his age and one-year-wonder status. But he was always a tough MF, and a guy that played with tons of emotion. And I really love that, especially on a team that has lost some leaders over the years.

Going forward the ying-yang of Siemien and Bolles as our offensive stalwarts is going to be awesome to watch. Such opposing diametrics but in reality, a successful team needs both personality types.

Honestly, I would play it safe and not let him play. He is the type to lie when asked to rate his pain level and do whatever he can to get into the game, the coaches have to step in and realize Bolles likely would play with a bullet wound and just play it safe.

Its pretty clear that RT is going to be our #1 need going into this next draft. Might have to even telegraph the pick like with Bolles. Jesus this league is missing talent at the OT spot.

IMO Bolles will look like the steal Of the draft in another year. Also, OL draft spots will soar. Lots of reaches in the draft in the OL and LT spots coming up.

This would probably be a good time to trade up for another OT in the draft.

It would be a good time to re-sign Paradis also. If we let him hit the market we can't afford him.

Terrible OL play league wide will alter lots of dynamics IE. salary, draft position, trade value, etc.

Archived