Per John Clayton the Redskins likely to move on from PRich

turtle28

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh, you mean the guy I said we should’ve cut last off-season? He sucks. 

Last year cutting him would’ve cost us cap space. It made sense to hold on to him for one more season to see what we could get out of him. Thanks to Kyle Smith & Jay, we discovered Terry who replaced PRich in the role we signed him to fill in 2018. 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah but sometimes you have to play the cap game even with a bad signing.  He should've never been signed to begin with.  I hate paying guys after one good year, especially if it's their walk year.  

Yes but you have to sign some players to take a chance on them really helping your team. It’s not like PRich doesn’t have talent, his problem was injuries. Gruden wanted to take a chance that he could stay healthy and his talent would show again like it did in 2017.

It was a risk worth taking. I believe in 2018 we still have around $10 million in cap space when the season started before all of the injuries.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes but you have to sign some players to take a chance on them really helping your team. It’s not like PRich doesn’t have talent, his problem was injuries. Gruden wanted to take a chance that he could stay healthy and his talent would show again like it did in 2017.

It was a risk worth taking. I believe in 2018 we still have around $10 million in cap space when the season started before all of the injuries.

His best season was 44 catches for 703 yards and 6 TDs.  His 16.0 YPC was much higher than his previous seasons.  He had one big season at Colorado and that was it.  It was not a risk worth taking at 5 years, $40 million with half of that guaranteed money.   Absolutely ridiculous.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

His best season was 44 catches for 703 yards and 6 TDs.  His 16.0 YPC was much higher than his previous seasons.  He had one big season at Colorado and that was it.  It was not a risk worth taking at 5 years, $40 million with half of that guaranteed money.   Absolutely ridiculous.  

Well thankfully they had an out after two years and only had to pay $17.3 million....

33 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yep, but they never should've signed the contract to begin with.  

I don’t agree. I think it was worth the shot. He’s a deep threat and Jay saw that on film and we needed that since Bruce Allen stupidly refused to re-sign Djax. It didn’t work out but the risk was worth it IMO.

I’m so thankful they took Terry last year. What a great pick that was.