Moretti's Post SB Mock

moretti19

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

No, please refer to the massive trade.....

In FA:

A pretty good tackle that doesn't fit in our run game and is still a downgrade over what we have.

A run plug

A terrible ILB

The trade is the least offensive part about this.

You then take:

A power OLB that will get buried on the bench behind Z and Gary.

A CB that can't play in the slot like we need.

A RB who will be third/fourth on the depth chart

A WR who never did a damn thing in college

A Safety/LB hybrid to add on to the massive pile of similar rejects we already have. 

This team isn't even better than what we had this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In FA:

A pretty good tackle that doesn't fit in our run game and is still a downgrade over what we have.

A run plug

A terrible ILB

The trade is the least offensive part about this.

You then take:

A power OLB that will get buried on the bench behind Z and Gary.

A CB that can't play in the slot like we need.

A RB who will be third/fourth on the depth chart

A WR who never did a damn thing in college

A Safety/LB hybrid to add on to the massive pile of similar rejects we already have. 

This team isn't even better than what we had this year. 

I had no clue I was speaking to the man that knows all....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I had no clue I was speaking to the man that knows all....

What is the purpose of this offseason?

You've got a depth chart of:

Rodgers

Jones

Lewis/Tonyan

Adams/OBJ/Lazard

Bakhtiari/Jenkins/Linsley/Turner/Vaitai

+++

Clark/Lowry/Pierce

Smith/Reddick/Smith

Alexander/Sullivan/King

Amos/Smith

You've downgraded: TE, RT, ILB, slot CB

You've upgraded WR#2, SSDE

This just doesn't move the needle a ton. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the purpose of this offseason?

You've got a depth chart of:

Rodgers

Jones

Lewis/Tonyan

Adams/OBJ/Lazard

Bakhtiari/Jenkins/Linsley/Turner/Vaitai

+++

Clark/Lowry/Pierce

Smith/Reddick/Smith

Alexander/Sullivan/King

Amos/Smith

You've downgraded: TE, RT, ILB, slot CB

You've upgraded WR#2, SSDE

This just doesn't move the needle a ton. 

I’m not the biggest fan of this offseason but to play devils advocate.

RT- I love Bulaga but we are playing with fire resigning him. We’ve seen many OL between 30-32 fall off a cliff (Rivera, Lang, Sitton). It’s crazy that TJ and Sitton were high level players for us 4 years ago and didn’t even play last year. His offseason includes a replacement 

TE- Jimmy isn’t a loss. Sternberger is the future as our move TE.

ILB- Blake I love but we need speed. Between Reddick, Burks,  Greene we’d have range. We can live without a big ILB investment

Slot CB- I agree with. Tramon is also playing with fire and he did draft a guy. 

This offseason adds a playmaker, helps the DL, adds some more speed at LB which would help.

In this scenario the one move I hate is giving Jackson up for peanuts. He’s cheap. With King always hurt and up in 2021 we might need his body type.

Not sure a Michael Pierce is necessary. We have Lancaster who’s cheap and has the same roll.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m not the biggest fan of this offseason but to play devils advocate.

RT- I love Bulaga but we are playing with fire resigning him. We’ve seen many OL between 30-32 fall off a cliff (Rivera, Lang, Sitton). It’s crazy that TJ and Sitton were high level players for us 4 years ago and didn’t even play last year. His offseason includes a replacement 

TE- Jimmy isn’t a loss. Sternberger is the future as our move TE.

ILB- Blake I love but we need speed. Between Reddick, Burks,  Greene we’d have range. We can live without a big ILB investment

Slot CB- I agree with. Tramon is also playing with fire and he did draft a guy. 

This offseason adds a playmaker, helps the DL, adds some more speed at LB which would help.

In this scenario the one move I hate is giving Jackson up for peanuts. He’s cheap. With King always hurt and up in 2021 we might need his body type.

Not sure a Michael Pierce is necessary. We have Lancaster who’s cheap and has the same roll.    

RT is still a downgrade for this year. We need to be playing for this year. 

Graham was still the best TE on the team last year. Sternberger hasn't shown a damn thing that should convince anybody that he's anything.

Speed that sucks at football doesn't help us and every single one of those LBs that you have listed sucks at football. Martinez isn't the one that needed to be replaced with more speed this year, that was Goodson. ILBs are still predominantly run defense players.

He drafted a guy to play slot corner that has never played slot corner. 

This off-season barely move the needle on the DL. How anybody could watch that Superbowl and conclude that the modern NFL calls for non pass rushing defensive lineman is beyond me. 

This off-season significantly worsens the ILB group.

Martinez was not a significant issue this year. Why is everybody acting like he was? What the hell are you going to tell your safeties when you have Reddick and Burks as your ILBs against a Shanahan defense. We would die.

The main goal for this offseason was to open up the passing game and stop the run. 
Odell will command 2 defenders opening up Adams and tight ends. Also imagine if we can run and then play action with 2 legit receivers.

Our D line will have an amazing rotation which will keep everyone fresh and allow us to play 7 in coverage. We give an extremely athletic linebacker the ability to play behind a big d-line. 

36 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

The main goal for this offseason was to open up the passing game and stop the run. 
Odell will command 2 defenders opening up Adams and tight ends. Also imagine if we can run and then play action with 2 legit receivers.

Our D line will have an amazing rotation which will keep everyone fresh and allow us to play 7 in coverage. We give an extremely athletic linebacker the ability to play behind a big d-line. 

That's not how defenses work. OBJ doesn't command two defenders. no receiver does. The NFL is a zone coverage league.

You majorly upgrade the #2 receiver spot at the cost of downgrading at RT and having no proven talent at TE. This isn't even an upgraded offense. 

On what ******* planet is that an amazing DL? That's barely an upgrade from our currently ****ty defensive line. It's not even like Pierce is a great fit at DE. 

We give an extremely athletic ****ty linebacker an opportunity to run himself out of position significantly faster. Wonderful.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's not how defenses work. OBJ doesn't command two defenders. no receiver does. The NFL is a zone coverage league.

You majorly upgrade the #2 receiver spot at the cost of downgrading at RT and having no proven talent at TE. This isn't even an upgraded offense. 

On what ******* planet is that an amazing DL? That's barely an upgrade from our currently ****ty defensive line. It's not even like Pierce is a great fit at DE. 

We give an extremely athletic ****ty linebacker an opportunity to run himself out of position significantly faster. Wonderful.

I saw plenty of man coverages with a safety over the top on elite receivers. I would agree there is a shift to more zone coverages but it’s not like man coverage is gone.

If you think Bulaga walks and you don’t bring back Veldheer either then RT was much upgraded over Light. I’m not a huge fan of him as a starter at RT but it’s better than going with Light. Agree though this is a downgrade, which is probably inevitably going to happen if you let Bulaga walk.

TE I would not be worried about in this scenario. Sternberger can continue to develop and Lewis and Tonyan can round out the group. You have Adams and OBJ so you can go with younger talent and see what you got. Lazard might be able to play some of the split TE role/routes.

ILB would scare me here.....Riddick had some solid guys in front of him in AZ early in his career and didn’t do much to this point. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Michael Pierce would upgrade the DL massively on paper. His PFF scores:

2016: 79.7

2017: 86.9

2018: 90.8

2019: 69.2 

The issue is he isn't a great scheme fit. 6'0" and 340 lbs is a pure NT and on top of that not what Pettine likes. We waved bye to Daniels because he didn't have the length Pettine wants out of the DL and he was going to get overpaid.   We need a lengthy 3 tech or 5 tech. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Michael Pierce would upgrade the DL massively on paper. His PFF scores:

2016: 79.7

2017: 86.9

2018: 90.8

2019: 69.2 

The issue is he isn't a great scheme fit. 6'0" and 340 lbs is a pure NT and on top of that not what Pettine likes. We waved bye to Daniels because he didn't have the length Pettine wants out of the DL and he was going to get overpaid.   We need a lengthy 3 tech or 5 tech. 

He's had 8 PFR pressures in 2 years combined.