Magic: the Gathering - War of the Spark Mafia -GAME OVER - The Gatewatch defeats Nicol Bolas!

Whicker

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I am very proud of my craftsmanship of this game. @TheKillerNacho and I worked a little bit ago on some of these after I came up with the PW/loyalty mechanic and we both concluded that it would be impossible to properly craft and balance. I don't know what madness drove me to complete it but I did. I'm extremely proud of the overall set up and roles. I missed on a couple (namely Pickle's or Matt's roles), but I feel like I made each role interesting and unique, and overall none of the roles (outside of rack) had too much of an impact on the game to be overpowered. I truly believe this is a great mafia set up, perhaps with just a few more things cleaned up.

I loved playing virtually vanilla.  I think most of my best games are when I have no moves and just rely on the thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Also

Town MVP: @The Orca we lose without your excellent catch of sirA

Town MVP: @squire12 we lose withour your catch of racks

Town MVP: @gopherwrestler we lose with your triple move and nailing malf

Town MVP: @Counselor you played a great all around game. 

Town MVP: @kingseanjohn we lose without that move.  Brilliant play and excellent timing 

I don't even need credit but am damn glad we didn't follow rags' stupid *** and we lynched who I wanted to....mwil and naz 

Earlier today, this is what I posted in the scum chat for town players.  Top to bottom of those that had a long enough/influential play.   KSJ shot up the ranks with the late game and pickle drops.

6. @Counselor  

16. @The Orca
10. @squire12
1. @gopherwrestler
13. @Pickle Rick
23. @Forge  
5. @ET80/KSJ  
3. @Ragnarok  

KSJ shot up the ranks with the late game and pickle drops.

counselor - KSJ

The Orca and squire

gopher

pickle

forge/ragnarok

Just now, squire12 said:

I get that.   But the posts you made about bcb being scum was just...."this is bcb scum game"   you were right, but being right and getting that to come to fruition is a completely different matter.  

I explained how it was his scum game.  I mentioned how he had done this on our old site.  And he had put out no moves to really counter.  

I agree with the general point, but I was able to convince ksj and Counselor.  I needed Forge to check in and PR to not assume he is always in the right.  So I had no room for error and I couldn't get those last two players to vote with me.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I TOLD them you had done it there and they didn't believe me.  

I mean, bcb didn't breadcrumb census taker, even though he said he "breadcrumbed his role" on D1 when I put him up for lynch.  I was hopeful someone would see that when Counselor started bumping D1 posts, alas.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He had given zero real info up to that point, so I needed him to try to get his moves out so I had something to go on.  Plus, I had zombies on me, no vampires, and PR dead set on voting me.

Here are some page numbers on the bcb claim

bcb claim

145 "target day before"

185 "choose night before"

185 "day power homie"

186, "sent name in last night"

186 "have to choose the day before"

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Great game @Whicker

@kingseanjohn absolute favorite mafia moment. I was expecting a loss tonight. 

It almost didn't happen! My last two messages to @Whicker (great game btw)...

38 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Decisions, decisions...

Counselor is scummy af..... and just claimed indy

PR was playing his scum game but switched it up day four or so

Forge is MIA but I don't recall seeing him do that as scum

bcb is likely lynched tomorrow

(-2)

bcb to racks - come on team kill!

36 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

racks to bcb

Made the switch at the last minute figuring that racks likely had the hit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I explained how it was his scum game.  I mentioned how he had done this on our old site.  And he had put out no moves to really counter.  

I agree with the general point, but I was able to convince ksj and Counselor.  I needed Forge to check in and PR to not assume he is always in the right.  So I had no room for error and I couldn't get those last two players to vote with me.  

Dude I was so ready to switch when I posted that I'm waiting on bcb to answer me.  Then you tried to bet and swear and that sealed it for me and I was rolling with my read 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I loved playing virtually vanilla.  I think most of my best games are when I have no moves and just rely on the thread 

I wanted to ensure town had a straightforward way to deal with creatures. I should have made the dragon stronger to incentivize you to make it (but that's basically what Sarkhan does in the game in my defense)

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I mean, bcb didn't breadcrumb census taker, even though he said he "breadcrumbed his role" on D1 when I put him up for lynch.  I was hopeful someone would see that when Counselor started bumping D1 posts, alas.

I'm surprised no one picked up that there was already another census taker in the game but he dies N2.

@The Orca has been assassinated! He was

Jace, Telepath Unbound (Gatewatch aligned)

250px-Jacebeleren.jpg?version=ee93726293

You begin the game with 3 loyalty counters

(+1) Choose a player. You will learn the loyalty cost of the move they used this night.

(-2) Choose a player. You will learn that player's alignment.

(-6) Choose a player. You will learn how many non-town players were on that player's lynch wagon that day.